Bible verses for weight loss
Scripture says that we are to take care of our bodies. While there are many Christian weight loss workouts I recommend old fashioned running, dieting, and weightlifting. While there is nothing wrong with losing weight it can easily turn into an idol, which is bad.
You can easily start making it the center of your life and start starving your body and worrying yourself about your image.
Lose weight and exercise for the Lord because you’re keeping your body healthy, which is beneficial for serving God. Don’t lose weight to glorify yourself or make it an idol in your life.
If you are struggling with gluttony, which is one of the main causes of obesity, you must pray to the Holy Spirit to help your eating habits.
Find something better to do with your time such as exercising, or building your prayer life.
- If you’re tired of starting over, stop giving up
- I’m not losing weight. I’m getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again.”
- Don’t lose faith, lose weight.
- “It’s always too early to quit.” – Norman Vincent Peale
Do it for the Lord: Spiritual fitness
1. 1 Corinthians 10:31 So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do everything to the glory of God.
2. 1 Timothy 4:8 For “physical exercise has some value, but godliness is valuable in every way. It holds promise for the present life and for the life to come.”
3. 1 Corinthians 9:24-25 Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize.
4. Colossians 3:17 Everything you say or do should be done in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Take care of your body.
5. Romans 12:1 Therefore I exhort you, brothers and sisters, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a sacrifice–alive, holy, and pleasing to God–which is your reasonable service.
6. 1 Corinthians 6:19–20 Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.
7. 1 Corinthians 3:16 Don’t you know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit lives in you?
Motivational Scriptures to help you lose weight.
8. Habakkuk 3:19 The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights.
9. Ephesians 6:10 Finally, receive your power from the Lord and from his mighty strength.
10. Isaiah 40:29 He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.
11. Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
12. Psalm 18:34 He trains my hands for battle; he strengthens my arm to draw a bronze bow.
13. Psalm 28:7 The LORD is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.
Pray to God about your weight loss troubles. He will help you.
14. Psalm 34:17 The godly cry out and the LORD hears; he saves them from all their troubles.
15. Psalm 10:17 You, LORD, hear the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them, and you listen to their cry,
16. Psalm 32:8 The LORD says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.
When you worry that you’re not seeing results fast enough.
17. Psalm 40:1-2 I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along.
18. 1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
19. Romans 8:26 At the same time the Spirit also helps us in our weakness, because we don’t know how to pray for what we need. But the Spirit intercedes along with our groans that cannot be expressed in words.
20. Romans 8:5 Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit.
Self control and discipline.
21. Titus 2:12 It trains us to renounce ungodly living and worldly passions so that we might live sensible, honest, and godly lives in the present age
22. 1 Corinthians 9:27 I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.
23. Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
Help for controlling gluttony. This does not mean to starve yourself, but to eat healthy.
22. Matthew 4:4 But Jesus told him, “No! The Scriptures say, ‘People do not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.'”
24. Galatians 5:16 So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won’t be doing what your sinful nature craves.
25. Proverbs 25:27 To eat too much honey isn’t good; and neither is it honorable to seek one’s own glory.