Bible verses about God’s love for us
Let’s search through 150 inspirational Scriptures on God’s Love! Let’s find out what the Bible really says about the most powerful love in the universe. Many of us have a hard time understanding the love of God. I personally have struggled with understanding His great love for me. I used to live like His love was dependent on my performance on my walk of faith, which is idolatry. My mindset was, “I have to do something to make God love me more.”
When I sin that sin that I struggle with or when I don’t pray or read Scripture I have to make up for it by doing something, which is a lie from Satan.
If you are a Christian I want you to understand that you are loved. His love for you is not based upon your performance.
It’s based upon the perfect merit of Jesus Christ. You don’t have to move at all you are loved. You don’t have to be big. You don’t have to be the next John MacArthur. God loves you and don’t you ever forget that.
Don’t you dare think for a second that you can love anyone more than God loves you.
Christian quotes about the love of God
“God loves you more in a moment than anyone could in a lifetime.”
“One who has been touched by grace will no longer look on those who stray as ‘those evil people’ or ‘those poor people who need our help.’ Nor must we search for signs of ‘loveworthiness.’ Grace teaches us that God loves because of who God is, not because of who we are.” Philip Yancey
“Though our feelings come and go, God’s love for us does not.” C.S. Lewis
“Christ is the humility of God embodied in human nature; the Eternal Love humbling itself, clothing itself in the garb of meekness and gentleness, to win and serve and save us.” Andrew Murray
“God’s love is like an ocean. You can see its beginning, but not its end.”
“He who is filled with love is filled with God himself.” Saint Augustine
“Grace is God’s love in action for those who don’t deserve it.” Robert H. Schuller
“I feel myself to be a lump of unworthiness, a mass of corruption, and a heap of sin, apart from His Mighty love.” Charles spurgeon
How much does God love me?
I want you to take a look at Song of Solomon 4:9. Marriage represents the beautiful and deep relationship between Christ and the church. This verse reveals how much God loves you. One look upward and you have the Lord hooked. He wants to be with you and when you enter into His presence His heart beats faster and faster for you.
The Lord looks at His children in love and excitement because He deeply loves His children. Does God really love us and if so, how much?
There is absolutely no denying God’s love for humanity. Humanity never wanted anything to do with God.
The Bible says that we were dead in our trespasses and sins. We are enemies of God. In fact, we were God-haters. Be honest, does a person such as this, deserve love from God? If you’re honest, then the answer is no. We deserve God’s wrath because we have sinned against a holy God. However, God made a way to reconcile sinful people to Himself. He sent His holy and person Son who He perfectly loved, to take our place.
Take a moment to imagine the perfect relationship between the Father and Son. In every relationship there is always enjoyment, but in this relationship, they perfectly enjoyed each other. They had perfect fellowship with one another. Everything was created for His Son. Colossians 1:16 says, “all things have been created through him and for him.”
The Father gave His Son everything and the Son always obeyed His Father. The relationship was impeccable. However, Isaiah 53:10 reminds us that it pleased God to crush His Son whom He deeply loved. God got glory for Himself by crushing His Son for you. John 3:16 says, “He (so) loved the world.” He so loved [Insert name].
God so loved you and He proved it on the cross. Jesus died, He was buried, and resurrected for your sins. Believe in this gospel of Jesus Christ. Trust that His blood has removed your sins and made you right before God. Not only did God save you, but He has also adopted you into His family and given you a new identity in Christ. That is how much God loves you!
1. Song of Solomon 4:9 “You have made my heart beat faster, my sister, my bride; You have made my heart beat faster with a single glance of your eyes, With a single strand of your necklace.”
2. Song of Songs 7:10-11 “I belong to my beloved, and his desire is for me. 11 Come, my beloved, let us go to the countryside, let us spend the night in the villages.”
3. Ephesians 5:22-25 Wives, subject yourselves to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body. 24 But as the church is subject to Christ, so also the wives ought to be to their husbands in everything. 25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her.”
4. Revelation 19:7-8 “Let us be glad and rejoice, and let us give honor to him. For the time has come for the wedding feast of the Lamb, and his bride has prepared herself. 8 She has been given the finest of pure white linen to wear.” For the fine linen represents the good deeds of God’s holy people.”
5. Revelation 21:2 “And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, prepared like a bride on her wedding day, adorned for her husband and for His eyes only.”
6. John 3:29 “The bride belongs to the bridegroom. The friend of the bridegroom stands and listens for him, and is overjoyed to hear the bridegroom’s voice. That joy is mine, and it is now complete.”
Love comes from God
Where does love come from? How are you able to love your mother, father, child, friends, etc. God’s love is so powerful that it enables us to love others. Think about how parents see their newborn child and smile. Think about parents playing with their children and having a good time.
Have you ever thought about where does that stuff come from?
These things are here to be representations to show how much God loves and is joyful over His children.
7. 1 John 4:19 “We love because He first loved us.”
8. 1 John 4:7 “Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.
9. John 13:34 “A new commandment I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so also you must love one another.”
10. Deuteronomy 7:7-8 “The Lord did not set his heart on you and choose you because you were more numerous than other nations, for you were the smallest of all nations! 8 Rather, it was simply that the Lord loves you, and he was keeping the oath he had sworn to your ancestors. That is why the Lord rescued you with such a strong hand from your slavery and from the oppressive hand of Pharaoh, king of Egypt.”
11. 1 John 4:17 “In this way, love has been perfected among us, so that we may have confidence on the day of judgment; for in this world we are just like Him.”
12. Isaiah 49:15 “Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you!”
God is love Bible verses
Love is one of God’s primary attributes. Think about this for a moment. God’s nature and essence are love and for those who are born again, this amazing loving God is living inside of them.
Let’s praise the Lord because we are partakers of His divine nature.
Upon professing faith in Christ, we were given the Holy Spirit, which is God’s Spirit and it enables us to love with a greater love.
Our response to God’s love is that we will grow in our love for Him and others.
13. 1 John 4:16 “And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.”
14. 1 John 3:1 “See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.”
15. 2 Peter 1:4 “And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires.”
16. Romans 8:14-17 “For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. 15 The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba,[b] Father.” 16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.”
17. Galatians 5:22 “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness.”
18. John 10:10 “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.”
19. 2 Peter 1:3 “His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to[a] his own glory and excellence.
20. 2 Corinthians 5:17 “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.”
21. Ephesians 4:24 “and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.”
22. Colossians 3:12-13 “Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.”
What does the Bible say about God’s love?
God has poured out His love into our hearts. True love results in action. God poured out His awesome love for us on the cross. He crushed His Son so that you and I may live. When you allow your joy and peace to come from the perfect merit of Christ, you will understand God’s love better.
God’s love is not dependent on what you do, what you are going to do, or what you have done.
God’s love is greatly shown by what He has already done for you on the cross of Jesus Christ.
23. 1 John 4:10 “This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.”
24. Romans 5:8-9 “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God’s wrath through him!”
25. John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
26. 1 Timothy 1:14-15 “The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. 15 Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners–of whom I am the worst.”
27. Ephesians 5:1-2 “1 Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children 2 and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.”
28. Romans 3:25 God presented Him as an atoning sacrifice through faith in His blood, in order to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance He had passed over the sins committed beforehand.
29. John 15:13 “Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.”
30. John 16:27 “for the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God.”
31. John 10:11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep.”
32. Jude 1:21 “keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.”
33. 1 Peter 4:8 “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.”
34. Ephesians 1:4-6 “For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love 5 he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— 6 to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves.”
35. 1 John 3:1-2 “See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. 2 Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.”
36. Malachi 1:2-3 “I have loved you,” says the LORD. “But you ask, ‘How have you loved us?’ “Was not Esau Jacob’s brother?” declares the LORD. “Yet I have loved Jacob, but Esau I have hated, and I have turned his hill country into a wasteland and left his inheritance to the desert jackals.”
37. Deuteronomy 23:5 “Yet the LORD your God would not listen to Balaam, and the LORD turned the curse into a blessing for you, because the LORD your God loves you.”
38. 1 John 1:7 “But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.”
39. Ephesians 2:8–9 “For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.”
God’s love in the Old Testament
There are several stories in the Old Testament that reveals God’s love for His people. One of them being, the story of Hosea and Gomer. The prophet Hosea was told by God to marry a promiscuous woman named Gomer.
Take a moment to realize what God was telling Hosea to do. He was telling a faithful prophet to marry a very promiscuous woman. The prophet Hosea obeyed the Lord. He married this woman and had three kids with her. Gomer was unfaithful to Hosea. After bearing three kids with Hosea, Gomer would leave him to run back to her promiscuous lifestyle. If this happened to most people, I believe that most people would be thinking, “it’s time for a divorce.”
However, in the story, Hosea does not divorce his unfaithful wife. God tells Hosea, “Go find her.” Most people would probably be saying to themselves, “she cheated on me, she’s adulterous, she’s totally unworthy of my love.” However, God is not like us. God told Hosea to go find his unfaithful bride. Once again, Hosea obeyed the Lord and diligently searched for His bride. He went to the most corrupt places in search of his bride. He relentlessly pursued his bride and he would eventually find his bride. Hosea is now in front of Gomer and she is filthy, messy, and she is now the ownership of another man.
Gomer knows that right now, she is in a sticky situation and she’s a wreck. The man who owns Gomer tells Hosea that if he wants his wife back, then he has to pay a high price for her. Imagine having to buy your own wife back. She’s already yours! Hosea does not get angry and argue. Hosea didn’t yell at his wife. He paid the expensive cost to get his wife back. There is so much grace and love in this story.
Hosea bought back his unfaithful bride. Gomer didn’t deserve such grace, love, goodness, forgiveness, and favor from Gomer. Don’t you see the great love of God in this story? God is our Creator. He owns us. God sent His perfect holy Son to die the death that we deserve. He sent Christ to pay our fine for us, when we were in a sticky situation. He sent Jesus to rescue us from dark places, when we were broken, messy, in bondage, and unfaithful. Similar to Hosea, Christ came, paid a high price, and set us free from our sin and shame. While we were still sinners, He loved us and died for us. Similar to Gomer, Christ loved underserving men and women.
40. Hosea 3:1-4 “The Lord said to me, “Go, show your love to your wife again, though she is loved by another man and is an adulteress. Love her as the Lord loves the Israelites, though they turn to other gods and love the sacred raisin cakes.” 2 So I bought her for fifteen shekels of silver and about a homer and a lethek of barley. 3 Then I told her, “You are to live with me many days; you must not be a prostitute or be intimate with any man, and I will behave the same way toward you.” 4 For the Israelites will live many days without king or prince, without sacrifice or sacred stones, without ephod or household gods.
41. Hosea 2:19–20 “And I will betroth you to me forever. I will betroth you to me in righteousness and in justice, in steadfast love and in mercy. 20 I will betroth you to me in faithfulness. And you shall know the Lord.”
42. 1 Corinthians 6:20 “you were bought at a price. Therefore glorify God with your body.”
43. 1 Corinthians 7:23 “God paid a high price for you, so don’t be enslaved by the world.”
44. Isaiah 5:1–2 “Let me sing for my beloved my love song concerning his vineyard: My beloved had a vineyard on a very fertile hill. 2 He dug it and cleared it of stones, and planted it with choice vines; he built a watchtower in the midst of it, and hewed out a wine vat in it; and he looked for it to yield grapes, but it yielded wild grapes.”
45. Hosea 3:2-3 “So I bought her for myself for fifteen shekels of silver, and one and one-half homers of barley. 3 And I said to her, “You shall stay with me many days; you shall not play the harlot, nor shall you have a man—so, too, will I be toward you.”
46. Hosea 11:4 “I drew them with cords of a man, with bands of love: and I was to them as they that take off the yoke on their jaws, and I laid meat unto them.”
Thank God for His love
When is the last time that you thanked God for His love? When is the last that you praised the Lord for His goodness? I believe most believers, if we’re honest, forget to praise the Lord for His love, grace, and mercy on a regular basis. If we did, I believe that we would notice a tremendous difference in our walk with Christ. We would walk with more joy, a sense of gratitude, and we’d worry less.
There would be less fear in our hearts because when we make a habit of praising the Lord, we are reminding ourselves of God’s attributes, His amazing character, and His sovereignty.
We are reminding ourselves that we serve a mighty trustworthy God. Be still for a moment.
Reflect on all the ways that God has revealed His love for you. Reflect on all the ways that you are blessed and use them as opportunities to praise His name daily.
47. Psalm 136:1-5 “Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever. 2 Give thanks to the God of gods. His love endures forever. 3 Give thanks to the Lord of lords: His love endures forever. 4 to him who alone does great wonders, His love endures forever. 5 who by his understanding made the heavens, His love endures forever.
48. Psalm 100:4-5 “Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name! 5 For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations.”
49. Ephesians 5:19-20 “addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart, 20 giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
50. Psalm 118:28-29 “You are my God, and I will praise you; you are my God, and I will exalt you. 29 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.”
51. 1 Chronicles 16:33-36 “Let the trees of the forest sing, let them sing for joy before the Lord, for he comes to judge the earth. 34 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever. 35 Cry out, “Save us, God our Savior; gather us and deliver us from the nations, that we may give thanks to your holy name, and glory in your praise.” 36 Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel, from everlasting to everlasting. Then all the people said “Amen” and “Praise the Lord.”
52. Ephesians 1:6 “to the praise of His glorious grace, which He has freely given us in the Beloved One.”
53. Psalm 9:1-2 “I will give thanks to you, LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds. 2 I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High.”
54. Psalm 7:17 “I will thank the Lord for His righteousness; I will sing about the name of the Lord, the Most High.”
55. Psalm 117:1-2 Praise the Lord, all you nations; extol him, all you peoples. 2 For great is his love toward us, and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever. Praise the Lord.
56. Exodus 15:2 “The LORD is my strength and my song, and He has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise Him, my father’s God, and I will exalt Him.”
57. Psalm 103:11 “For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His loving devotion for those who fear Him.”
58. Psalm 146:5-6 “Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD their God. He is the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them– he remains faithful forever.”
59. 1 Chronicles 16:41 “With them were Heman, Jeduthun, and the rest of those chosen and designated by name to give thanks to the LORD, for “His loving devotion endures forever.”
60. 2 Chronicles 5:13 “in unison when the trumpeters and the singers were to make themselves heard with one voice to praise and to glorify the LORD, and when they lifted up their voice accompanied by trumpets and cymbals and instruments of music, and when they praised the LORD saying,”He indeed is good for His lovingkindness is everlasting,” then the house, the house of the LORD, was filled with a cloud.”
61. 2 Chronicles 7:3 “When all the children of Israel saw how the fire came down, and the glory of the LORD on the temple, they bowed their faces to the ground on the pavement, and worshiped and praised the LORD, saying: “For He is good, For His mercy endures forever.”
62. Psalm 107:43 “Those who are wise will take all this to heart; they will see in our history the faithful love of the LORD.”
63. Psalm 98:3-5 “He has remembered His love and faithfulness to the house of Israel; all the ends of the earth have seen the salvation of our God. Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth, burst into jubilant song with music; make music to the LORD with the harp, with the harp and the sound of singing.”
64. Isaiah 63:7 “I will make known the LORD’s loving devotion and His praiseworthy acts, because of all the LORD has done for us–even the many good things He has done for the house of Israel according to His compassion and the abundance of His loving devotion.”
65. Psalm 86:5 “Indeed you, Lord, are kind and forgiving, overflowing with gracious love to everyone who calls on you.”
66. Psalm 57:10-11 “For your loyal love extends beyond the sky, and your faithfulness reaches the clouds. Rise up above the sky, O God! May your splendor cover the whole earth!”
67. Psalm 63:3-4 “Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. 4 I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.”
God’s love never fails Bible verses
I’ve experienced hard times. I’ve experienced disappointment. I’ve lost everything before. I’ve been in the most difficult situations. However, one thing that remains true in every season, is that God’s love has never failed me. His presence has always been so real in my darkest hours.
I’m not denying that you haven’t been through difficult situations, that caused you to wonder if God loves you or not. Maybe because of your struggles with sin, you are doubting God’s love for you.
I’m here to tell you what the Scripture says and what I’ve experienced. God’s love never fails. Don’t let Satan cause you to doubt His love.
God loves you so much. God’s love should be our source because it never fails. Even when our love fails, when we as believers fail, and when we are faithless, His love stands firm. I don’t know about you, but that makes me want to rejoice in the Lord.
God is good! God is faithful! Let’s praise the Lord for His unfailing love. No matter what situation that you find yourself in, He will get glory for Himself. God will use even bad situations for His glory and your ultimate good. We can trust in God’s unfailing love for us.
68. Jeremiah 31:3 “the Lord appeared to him from far away. I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you.”
69. Isaiah 54:10 “Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed,
yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed, says the Lord, who has compassion on you.”
70. Psalm 143:8 Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life.”
71. Psalm 109:26 “Help me, Lord my God; save me according to your unfailing love.”
72. Psalm 85:10 “Steadfast love and faithfulness meet; righteousness and peace kiss each other.”
73. Psalm 89:14 “Righteousness and justice are the foundation of Your throne; Mercy and truth go before You.”
74. 1 Corinthians 13:7-8 “Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.”
75. Lamentations 3:22-25 “Because of the Lord’s faithful love we do not perish, for His mercies never end. 23 They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness! 24 I say: The Lord is my portion, therefore I will put my hope in Him.” The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the person who seeks Him.”
76. Psalm 36:7 “How priceless is your unfailing love, O God! People take refuge in the shadow of your wings.”
77. Micah 7:18 “Where is another God like you, who pardons the guilt of the remnant, overlooking the sins of his special people? You will not stay angry with your people forever, because you delight in showing unfailing love.”
78. Psalm 136:17-26 “He struck down great kings His love is eternal. 18 and slaughtered famous kings—His love is eternal. 19 Sihon king of the Amorites His love is eternal. 20 and Og king of Bashan—His love is eternal.
21 and gave their land as an inheritance, His love is eternal. 22 an inheritance to Israel His servant. His love is eternal. 23 He remembered us in our humiliation His love is eternal. 24 and rescued us from our foes.
His love is eternal. 25 He gives food to every creature. His love is eternal.
26 Give thanks to the God of heaven! His love is eternal.”
79. Isaiah 40:28 “Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.”
80. Psalm 52:8 “But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God’s unfailing love for ever and ever.”
81. Job 19:25 “As for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, And at the last He will take His stand on the earth.”
82. 1 Peter 5:7 “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”
83. Psalm 25:6-7 Remember, O LORD, Your compassion and Your lovingkindnesses, For they have been from of old. Do not remember the sins of my youth or my transgressions; According to Your lovingkindness remember me, For Your goodness’ sake, O LORD.
84. Psalm 108:4 “For great is your love, higher than the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies.”
85. Psalm 44:26 “Come to our aid! Because of your constant love save us!”
86. Psalm 6:4 “Turn and come to my rescue. Show your wonderful love and save me, LORD.”
87. Psalm 62:11-12 “Once God has spoken; twice have I heard this: that power belongs to God, and that to you, O Lord, belongs steadfast love. For you will render to a man according to his work.”
88. 1 Kings 8:23 “and said: “LORD, the God of Israel, there is no God like you in heaven above or on earth below–you who keep your covenant of love with your servants who continue wholeheartedly in your way.”
89. Numbers 14:18 “The LORD is slow to anger, abounding in love and forgiving sin and rebellion. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation.”
90. Psalm 130:7-8 “O Israel, hope in the Lord, for the Lord exhibits loyal love, and is more than willing to deliver. 8 He will deliver Israel
from all their sins.”
True believers have the love of God in them.
Those who have put their faith in Christ are born again. Christians are now able to love others unlike ever before. Our love should be so remarkable that it’s supernatural. It should be evident that God has done a supernatural work in you.
Why do we forgive the worst sinners? It’s because, we have been forgiven much by God. Why do we make radical sacrifices and go above and beyond for others? It’s because, Christ went above and beyond for us. Christ chose poverty instead of His heavenly riches, so that He could pay our sin debts and so that we can spend eternity with Him in heaven.
Any sacrifice from our lives for others, is simply a small glimpse of Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross. When you understand the depth of God’s love for you, it changes everything about you.
When you have been forgiven much, you yourself forgive much. When you realize how underserving you really are, but you experience God’s lavish love, that radically changes the way that you love. The Christian has the Holy Spirit living inside of him and the Spirit enables us to do good works.
91. John 5:40-43 “yet you refuse to come to me to have life. ‘I do not accept glory from human beings, but I know you. I know that you do not have the love of God in your hearts. I have come in my Father’s name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him.”
92. Romans 5:5 “And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.”
93. 1 John 4:20 “If anyone says, “I love God,” but hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.”
94. John 13:35 “By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
95. 1 John 4:12 “No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God remains in us, and His love is perfected in us.”
96. Romans 13:8 “Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law.”
97. Romans 13:10 “Love does no wrong to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the Law.”
98. 1 John 3:16 “By this we know what love is: Jesus laid down His life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.”
99. Deuteronomy 10:17-19 “The Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great, powerful, and awe-inspiring God. He never plays favorites and never takes a bribe. 18 He makes sure orphans and widows receive justice. He loves foreigners and gives them food and clothes. 19 So you should love foreigners, because you were foreigners living in Egypt.”
Does God really love me?
Pray for a greater understanding of the love of God. Sometimes it is so hard to grasp His love for us especially when we look into the mirror and see all of our failures. Without knowing how much God loves you, you are going to feel so miserable.
I was praying one night and I was thinking to myself that God wants me to do more, no! The whole time that I was praying I didn’t understand that all God wanted for me was to just understand His great love for me. I don’t have to move a muscle I am loved.
100. 2 Thessalonians 3:5 “May the Lord lead your hearts into a full understanding and expression of the love of God and the patient endurance that comes from Christ.“
101. Ephesians 3:16-19 “I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
102. Joel 2:13 “Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the Lord your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity.”
103. Hosea 14:4 “The Lord says, “Then I will heal you of your faithlessness; my love will know no bounds, for my anger will be gone forever.”
Nothing can separate us from the love of God.
God is not mad at you. Whenever you think that you have done something to separate yourself from God’s love or it’s too late to get right with God or you need to be more to be loved of God remember that nothing can separate God’s love for you. Always remember that God’s love never ends.
11. Psalm 136:2-3 “Give thanks to the God of gods, for his steadfast love endures forever. Give thanks to the Lord of lords: His love endures forever. to him who alone does great wonders, His love endures forever.”
104. Isaiah 54:10 “Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed, says the Lord, who has compassion on you.”
105. 1 Corinthians 13:8 “Love will never end. But all those gifts will come to an end—even the gift of prophecy, the gift of speaking in different kinds of languages, and the gift of knowledge.”
106. Psalm 36:7 “How precious is your unfailing love, O God! All humanity finds shelter in the shadow of your wings.”
107. Psalm 109:26 “Help me, LORD my God; save me according to your unfailing love.”
108. Romans 8:38-39 “And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow–not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below–indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
The love of God compels us to do His will.
It is the love of God that drives me to keep fighting and obeying Him. It is the love of God that allows me to discipline myself and it gives me a desire to keep pushing when struggling with sin. The love of God transforms us.
109. 2 Corinthians 5:14-15 “For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.”
110. Galatians 2:20 “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”
111. Ephesians 2:2-5 “in which you formerly lived according to this world’s present path, according to the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the ruler of the spirit that is now energizing the sons of disobedience, among whom all of us also formerly lived out our lives in the cravings of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath even as the rest. But God, being rich in mercy, because of his great love with which he loved us, even though we were dead in transgressions, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you are saved!”
112. John 14:23 “Jesus replied, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make Our home with him.”
113. John 15:10 “If you keep My commandments, you will remain in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and remain in His love.”
114. 1 John 5:3-4 “In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.”
It was the love of God that drove Jesus when everyone was yelling, “crucify Him.”
It was the love of God that drove Jesus to keep going in humiliation and pain. With every step and with every drop of blood the love of God drove Jesus to do the will of His Father.
115. John 19:1-3 “Then Pilate took Jesus and had him flogged severely. The soldiers braided a crown of thorns and put it on his head, and they clothed him in a purple robe. They came up to him again and again and said, “Hail, king of the Jews!” And they struck him repeatedly in the face.”
116. Matthew 3:17 “And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”
117. Mark 9:7 “Then a cloud appeared and enveloped them, and a voice came from the cloud: “This is My beloved Son. Listen to Him!”
118. John 5:20 “The Father loves the Son and shows Him all He does. And to your amazement, He will show Him even greater works than these.”
119. John 3:35 “The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands. 36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.”
120. John 13:3 “Jesus knew that the Father had delivered all things into His hands, and that He had come from God and was returning to God.”
Sharing God’s love with others
121. 1 Thessalonians 2:8 “so we cared for you. Because we loved you so much, we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well.”
122. Isaiah 52:7 “How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, “Your God reigns!”
123. 1 Peter 3:15 “Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it.”
124. Romans 1:16 “For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.”
125. Matthew 5:16 “In the same way your light must shine before people, so that they will see the good things you do and praise your Father in heaven.”
126. Mark 16:15 “And then he told them, “Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone.”
127. 2 Timothy 4:2 “Proclaim the message; persist in it whether convenient or not; rebuke, correct, and encourage with great patience and teaching.”
128. 1 John 3:18-19 “Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth. By this we shall know that we are of the truth and reassure our heart before him.”
God’s discipline proves His love for us
Like a loving parent He makes sure that you remain on the right path. God says, “I love you and I refuse to let you live like wicked unbelievers.”
129. Hebrews 12:6 “For the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and chastises every son whom he receives.”
130. Proverbs 3:12 “because the LORD disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in.”
131. Proverbs 13:24 “Whoever spares the rod hates their children, but the one who loves their children is careful to discipline them.”
132. Revelation 3:19 “Those I love, I rebuke and discipline. Therefore be earnest and repent.”
133. Deuteronomy 8:5 “So know in your heart that just as a man disciplines his son, so the LORD your God disciplines you.”
Experiencing God’s love Bible verses
God’s love causes us to remain calm, stand strong, and never give up. However, there is so much more of God’s love that we are yet to experience. One of the most beautiful things to me is that, God wants us to to experience Him. He wants us to desire Him. He wants us to pray for more of Him and He desires to give Himself to us.
I encourage you to pray to experience the love of God in a deeper way. Keep on getting alone with Him and seek His face. Don’t give up in prayer! Say, “Lord I want to know You and experience You.”
134. 1 Corinthians 13:7 “Love never gives up on people. It never stops trusting, never loses hope, and never quits.”
135. Jude 1:21 “keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life.”
136. Zephaniah 3:17 “The LORD your God is in your midst, A victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy.”
137. 1 Peter 5:6-7 “And God will exalt you in due time, if you humble yourselves under his mighty hand by casting all your cares on him because he cares for you.”
138. Psalm 23:1-4 “A Psalm of David. 23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. 3 He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.”
139. Philippians 4:6-7 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
140. Deuteronomy 31:6 “Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or in dread of them, for the Lord your God is the One who is going with you. He will not desert you or abandon you.”
141. Psalm 10:17-18 “You, Lord, hear the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them, and you listen to their cry, 18 defending the fatherless and the oppressed, so that mere earthly mortals will never again strike terror.”
142. Isaiah 41:10 “Fear not, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed. I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.”
143. 2 Timothy 1:7 “For God did not give us a spirit of timidity but one of power, love, and self-discipline.”
144. Psalm 16:11 “You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.”
Examples of God’s love in the Bible
There are a plethora of Bible stories that reveal God’s love. In every chapter of the Bible, we notice God’s powerful love. In fact, God’s love is seen in every line of the Bible.
145. Micah 7:20 “You will show faithfulness to Jacob and steadfast love to Abraham, as you have sworn to our fathers from the days of old.”
146. Exodus 34:6-7 “The LORD passed in front of Moses, calling out, “Yahweh! The LORD! The God of compassion and mercy! I am slow to anger and filled with unfailing love and faithfulness. 7 maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children and their children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation.”
147. Genesis 12:1-3 “The Lord had said to Abram, “Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you. 2 “I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. 3 I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.”
148. Jeremiah 31:20 “Is not Ephraim my dear son, the child in whom I delight? Though I often speak against him, I still remember him. Therefore my heart yearns for him; I have great compassion for him,” declares the Lord.”
149. Nehemiah 9:17-19 “They refused to obey and did not remember the miracles you had done for them. Instead, they became stubborn and appointed a leader to take them back to their slavery in Egypt. But you are a God of forgiveness, gracious and merciful, slow to become angry, and rich in unfailing love. You did not abandon them, 18 even when they made an idol shaped like a calf and said, ‘This is your god who brought you out of Egypt!’ They committed terrible blasphemies. 19 “But in your great mercy you did not abandon them to die in the wilderness. The pillar of cloud still led them forward by day, and the pillar of fire showed them the way through the night.”
150. Isaiah 43:1 “Now, this is what Yahweh says: Listen, Jacob, to the One who created you, Israel, to the one who shaped who you are. Do not fear, for I, your Kinsman-Redeemer, will rescue you. I have called you by name, and you are mine.”
151. Jonah 4:2 “Then he prayed to the Lord and said, “Please Lord, was this not what I said when I was still in my own country? Therefore in anticipation of this I fled to Tarshish, since I knew that You are a gracious and compassionate God, slow to anger and abundant in mercy, and One who relents of disaster.”
152. Psalm 87:2-3 “The Lord loves the gates of Zion More than all the dwellings of Jacob. 3 Glorious things are spoken of you, O city of God!”
153. Isaiah 26:3 “You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You.”
I can’t brag about my love for the Lord because I am so unworthy and I fall so short of His glory. One thing that I can brag about is that God loves me greatly and He is working in me daily to help me understand it more and more. If you are a believer write it down, put it on your wall, highlight it in your Bible, put it in your mind, put it in your heart, and don’t forget that God loves you.