Bible verses about bodybuilding
There is nothing wrong about a Christian weightlifting. Exercising your body is showing appreciation to God for the body He gave us. I lift weights as well and one thing I will say is be careful. Once you start seeing results vanity can start kicking in and you can easily make it an idol.
Learn from my mistakes. If you commit to bodybuilding and go crazy for bigger muscles you are drawing yourself away from the Lord. Is it bad when you gain muscles? Of course not, but if you start getting conceited and stare at your body in the mirror all day long, you’re idolizing yourself. Find out many reasons why we should exercise!
Be careful when going to the gym especially in the daytime. Identify your motives. I say this for a reason. Unfortunately, at the gym there are many immodest women. The gym might not be the best place for men struggling with lust nor is it the best place for women who struggle with lust because men can dress immodestly as well.
To be honest, for many people having an LA Fitness membership is just a pass so they can lust.
Weightlifting is taking care of God’s body
1. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 “Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.”
2. Romans 12:1 “And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice–the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him.”
3. 1 Timothy 4:7-9 “Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives’ tales; rather, train yourself to be godly. For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come. This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance.”
Do it for the glory of God
4. 1 Corinthians 9:24-25 “Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize.”
5. 1 Corinthians 10:31 “So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.”
6. Colossians 3:17 “And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.”
Motivational verses for weightlifting
7. Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”
8. Ephesians 6:10 “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might.”
9. Psalm 29:11 “May the Lord give strength to his people! May the Lord bless his people with peace!”
10. 1 Corinthians 16:13 “Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.”
“Determination will get you through this.”
11. Romans 12:2 “Do not be conformed to this present world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may test and approve what is the will of God—what is good and well-pleasing and perfect.”
12. Ecclesiastes 1:1 -2 “The words of the Teacher, son of David, king in Jerusalem: “Meaningless! Meaningless!” says the Teacher. “Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless.”
13. 1 Samuel 16:7 “But the Lord said to Samuel, “Don’t judge by his appearance or height, for I have rejected him. The Lord doesn’t see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”
14. 1 Corinthians 10:14 “Therefore, my dear friends, flee from idolatry.”
15. 1 Corinthians 6:12 “I have the right to do anything,” you say–but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”–but I will not be mastered by anything.”
Ezekiel 37:6 “I will put flesh and muscles on you and cover you with skin. I will put breath into you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the LORD.”
Thank you been trying to pay attention to my motives while in the gym which is LA Fitness ! not just in the gym but what my motive is to improve my health and how I can use it to be a blessing for God and to others. God bless !