Quotes about moving on
This topic is something that we’ve all struggled with. The pain from disappointments, business failures, relationships, divorce, mistakes, and sin make it hard for us to move forward. When discouragement happens if we’re not careful, then despair can happen. When you feel despair, then you begin to give up.
Always remember that your identity is not found in your past, it’s found in Christ. Calm down for a second and be still. Don’t dwell on the negative which can result in depression. Instead, change your focus to Christ and reflect on His goodness and His love for you. Get alone with Him and pray that He comforts your heart. Get up and let’s move on from the past! All of the quotes below have a special meaning in my heart and I hope that you are blessed by them.
It’s time to move forward now.
You have grown from the past. You have learned from the situation and now God can use the situation for His glory. What happened to you yesterday does not dictate what is going to happen to you tomorrow. If you have to move step-by-step, then move step-by-step.
1. “The secret of change is to focus all your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new.”
2. “Do not ask God to guide your footsteps if you’re not willing to move your feet.”
3. “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
4. “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” Martin Luther King Jr.
5. “It is what it is. Accept it and move on.”
6. “If you want something you have never had, you must be willing to do something you have never done.”
7. “Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.” John F. Kennedy
8. “Keep moving forward and only look back to see how far you have come.”
What God has for you is not in the past.
You are not alone. Always remember that open doors are always going to be in front of you. Don’t let what is behind you to distract you from what God is currently doing in your life.
9. “You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading your last one.”
10. “When looking back doesn’t interest you anymore, you’re doing something right.”
11. “Forget the past.” – Nelson Mandela
12. “Every day is a new day, and you’ll never be able to find happiness if you don’t move on.” Carrie Underwood
13. “Moving on is hard. Knowing when to move on is harder.”
14. “When you let go, you create space for better things to enter into your life.”
It may be difficult.
If we’re honest, moving on is usually hard, but know that God is with you and that He will help you. The things that we’re holding on to may be holding us back from what God wants for us.
15. “It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
16. “Sometimes the right path is not the easiest one.”
17. “It hurts to let go but sometimes it hurts more to hold on.”
18. “As I look back on my life, I realize that every time I thought I was being rejected from something good, I was actually being re-directed to something better.”
19. “It might hurt when you move on, but then it will heal. And with each passing day, you will get stronger and life will get better.”
Moving on in a relationship.
Breakups are hard. It’s hard to move on from someone that you care for. Be vulnerable and talk to the Lord about how you feel. God tells us to give our burdens to Him. Don’t limit God and think that He could never give you a better relationship than what you once had.
20. “There are things that we don’t want to happen but have to accept, things we don’t want to know but have to learn, and people we can’t live without but have to let go.”
21. “The reason why we can’t let go of someone is because deep inside we still have hope.”
22. “A heartbreak is a blessing from God. It’s just his way of letting you realize he saved you from the wrong one.”
23. “Every failed relationship is an opportunity for self growth & learning. So be thankful and move on.”
Allow God to use your past for His glory.
God desires to do a lot through you, but you have to allow Him to. Give Him your hurt. I’ve noticed how the most painful situations in my life led to great testimonies and it led to me helping others.
24. “God often uses our deepest pain as the launching pad of our greatest calling.”
25. “Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.”
26. “The only way to get rid of your past is to make a future out of it. God will waste nothing.” Phillips Brooks
27. “God truly can take even our worst mistakes and somehow bring good from them.”
You are stronger than ever before.
The Bible allows us to know that sometimes we won’t understand the things that we go through. Something is happening to you that wouldn’t have happened if you didn’t go through the trial. It’s not meaningless!
28. “The one who falls and gets up is so much stronger than the one who never fell.”
29. “Sometimes painful things can teach us lessons that we didn’t think we needed to know.”
30. “No point in stressing over something you can’t change. Move on and grow stronger.”