Quotes about bad relationships
Are you currently in a bad relationship or do you need some encouragement and guidance to help you with your recent breakup?
If so, here are some awesome quotes to help you in this season of your life.
Bad relationships are bad for your health.
Don’t try to force a relationship to work that was never meant to work. This only leads to tears, anger, bitterness, hurt, and being more in denial. Stop saying to yourself, “they can change” or “I can change them.” This rarely happens. I believe the only reason that people would rather remain in a bad relationship or in a relationship with an unbeliever is because they are afraid of being alone. Are these quotes about you and your relationship hitting home?
1. “Bad relationships are like a bad investment. No matter how much you put into it you’ll never get anything out of it. Find someone that’s worth investing in.”
2. “A wrong relationship will make you feel more alone than when you were single”
3. “Don’t force together pieces that don’t fit.”
4. “You don’t let go of a bad relationship because you stop caring about them. You let go because you start caring about yourself.”
5. “It is better for someone to break your heart once by leaving your life, than for them to stay in your life and break your heart continually.”
7. “Don’t settle for anybody, just so you can have somebody.”
8. “Sometimes a girl keeps going back to a guy who treats her bad, because she’s not ready to give up hope that maybe someday he’ll change.”
Wait for God’s best
When you leave the choice up to God there will be no compromise. God will send you someone who is perfect for you. Just because someone is in your life does not mean that they are from God.
If the person is not treating you right, then don’t remain in the relationship. If the person changes you for the worst, then don’t remain in the relationship.
9. “The man God created for you will treat you right. If the man you’re holding onto is treating you wrong he isn’t in God’s plan for you.”
10. “A heartbreak is a blessing from God. It’s just his way of letting you realize he saved you from the wrong one.”
11. “God ended a lot of friendships and toxic relationships I wanted to keep forever. At first I didn’t understand now I’m like “you’re right my bad.”
12. “Don’t settle for a relationship that won’t let you be yourself.”
13. “Ladies hear this, if a man isn’t following God, he isn’t fit to lead…If he doesn’t have a relationship with God, he won’t know how to have a relationship with you..If he doesn’t know God, he doesn’t know real love.”
14. “Your relationship should be a safe haven not a battlefield. The world is hard enough already.”
15. “The right relationship will never distract you from God. It will bring you closer to Him.”
16. “When people treat you like they don’t care believe them.”
Don’t judge your relationship by what happens in the beginning.
The beginning of a relationship is always awesome. Try not to get lost in the excitement. As time passes by you will learn more about someone. You will get to know the other side of someone that was hidden in the beginning of the relationship.
17. “It hurts the most when the person that made you feel special yesterday makes you feel so unwanted today.”
18. “You learn more about someone at the end of a relationship than at the beginning.”
Listen to what God is telling you. Doing so will save you from many heartaches.
We always say things like, “God please show me if this relationship is your will.”
However, when we say these things, we always drown out His voice and choose our desires over things that He has revealed to us.
19. “Jesus can protect us from bad relationships, but we have to actually accept the fact that we don’t know everything. Some people ask God for a “sign” and ignore God unless His answer is “yes.” Please trust God whether or not you get what you are praying for.”
20. “God, please remove any relationship from my life that is not your will for my life.”
21. “May God keep me away from anyone who’s bad for me, has secret motives, isn’t true with me and doesn’t have my best interests at heart.”
22. “Don’t go back to something God has already rescued you from.”
23. “God said, you don’t have to worry about love. As long as I am existing, you will be loved.”
Letting go of a bad relationship quotes
It’s hard, but we must let go of relationships that are causing more harm than good. Extending the relationship is only going to extend the pain. Let go and allow the Lord to comfort your heart.
24. “As I was fighting for you, I realized I was fighting to be lied to, fighting to be taken for granted, fighting to be disappointed, fighting to be hurt again..So I started fighting to let go.”
25. “I went to war for what we had you never even laced your boots.”
26. “Don’t hold on because you think there will be no one else. There will always be someone else. You’ve got to believe you are worth more than being repeatedly hurt by someone who doesn’t really care and believe that someone will see what you are really worth and treat you the way you should be treated.”
27. “One of the happiest moments in life is when you find the courage to let go of what you can’t change. “
28. “When you let go you create space for something better.”
29. “Moving on from someone you love isn’t about forgetting them. It’s about having the strength to say I still love you, but you’re not worth this pain.”
30. “God often removes someone from your life for a reason. Think before you chase after them.”