Quotes about fake friends
If we are honest, we all desire true friendship. Not only were we made for relationship, we also deeply desire relationships. We desire to connect and share with others. We all long for community.
Relationships are one of God’s greatest blessings and we should be praying for deeper relationships with others.
However, sometimes the people in our circles shouldn’t be in our circles. Today, we will be exploring bad friendships with 100 powerful fake friends quotes.
Beware of fake friends
Fake friendships are hurtful and harm us more than help us. If someone habitually puts you down in front of others after you have pointed out how they are hurting you, then that is a fake friend. If someone is constantly talking about you behind your back, then that is a fake a friend.
There are several ways to identify false friends in our lives who are only bringing us down. Beware of people like this in your life. This doesn’t mean that if we have a misunderstanding with someone, then they are fake.
However, this means that if someone who says that they are your friend is constantly hurting you after multiple warnings, then the question should be asked, are they truly your friends? Do they truly care about you?
1. “False friendship, like the ivy, decays and ruins the walls it embraces; but true friendship gives new life and animation to the object it supports.”
2. “Sometimes the person you are willing to take the bullet for is the one who pulls the trigger.”
3. “Share your weaknesses. Share your hard moments. Share your real side. It’ll either scare away every fake person in your life or it will inspire them to finally let go of that mirage called “perfection,” which will open the doors to the most important relationships you’ll ever be a part of.”
4. “Fake friends show their true colors when they don’t need you anymore.”
5. “Be careful who you call your friends. I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.”
6. “Fake friends are like leeches; they stick to you till they get the blood from you.”
7. “Don’t fear the foe who attacks you, but fear the friend who hugs you fakely.”
8. “Being honest may not get you many friends, but it’ll get you the right ones.”
9. “Fake Friends: Once they stop talking to you, they start talking about you.”
10. “Growing up means realizing a lot of your friends aren’t really your friends.”
11. “The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies.”
12. “It’s not about who is real to your face. It’s about who stays real behind your back.”
13. “As you grow older, you realize it becomes less important to have more friends and more important to have real ones.
14. “I’d rather have honest enemies than fake friends.”
15. “I’d rather have an enemy who admits that they hate me, than a friend who secretly puts me down.”
16. “An honest enemy is better than a best friend who lies.”
17. “This is what happens. You tell your friends your most personal secrets, and they use them against you.”
18. “Fake friends are like shadows: always near you at your brightest moments, but nowhere to be seen at your darkest hour True friends are like stars, you don’t always see them but they are always there.”
19. “We fear our enemy but the bigger and real fear is that of a fake friend who is sweetest to your face and most vile behind your back.”
20. “Be very careful of who you share your problem with, remember that not every friend that smile at you is your best friend.”
21. “A false friend and a shadow attend only while the sun shines.”
22. “The most dangerous creature on this earth is a fake friend.”
23. “Sometimes it’s not the people who change, it’s the mask that falls off.”
24. “Sometimes friends are like pennies, two-faced and worthless.”
25. “A fake friend likes to see you do well, but not better than them.”
26. “Fake friends; those who only drill holes under your boat to get it leaking; those who discredit your ambitions and those who pretend they love you, but behind their backs they know they are in to destroy your legacies.”
27. “Some people will only love you as much as they can use you. their loyalty ends where the benefits stop.”
28. “Fake people don’t surprise me anymore, loyal people do.”
Fake friends vs real friends quotes
There are several differences between fake and real friends. A real friend will not speak negatively about you when you are not around. A real friend will not end the relationship because of disagreements or because you told them no.
Real friends listen to you, fake friends don’t. Real friends accept you and your quirks, fake friends want you to change your personality to match theirs.
Real friends treat you the same whether y’all are alone together or whether you are around others.
Fake friends will give you bad advice so that you fail. Unfortunately, this happens in a lot of friendships and it usually stems from jealousy. Fake friends always seem to want something from you. It could be money, a ride, etc. Real friends love you, not what you have. There are several ways to spot a fake. If you suspect someone is bringing you down or hurting you, try bringing your concerns to them.
29. “Fake friends believe in rumors. Real friends believe in you.”
30. “True friends cry when you leave. Fake friends leave when you cry.”
31. “A friend who stands with you in pressure is more valuable than a hundred ones who stand with you in pleasure.”
32. “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.”
33. “Don’t fear the enemy that attacks you, but the fake friend that hugs you.”
34. “True friends will always find a way to help you. Fake friends will always find an excuse.”
35. “You don’t lose friends, you just learn who your real ones are.”
36. “Time alone can prove the worth of friendship. As time goes by we lose the false ones and keep the best. True friends stay when all the rest are gone.”
37. “A true friend cares about what’s going on in your life. A fake friend will make their problems sound bigger. Be a true friend.”
38. “True friends are like diamonds, Precious and rare, Fake friends are like autumn leaves, Found everywhere.”
39. “Don’t change so the fake people will like you. Be yourself and the genuine people in your life will live the real you.”
40. “Real friends help you succeed while fake friends try to destroy your future”
41. “True friends tell you the pretty lies, fake friends tell you the ugly truth.”
Fake friends leave when you need them the most
Proverbs 17:17 teaches us that, “a brother is born to help in time of need.” When life is amazing everyone wants to be around you. However, when the difficulties of life arise, this can reveal to us true friends and false friends. If someone is never willing to help you in your times of trouble, then that can reveal how much they care about you.
You make time for what and who matters. If someone never picks up your calls or texts you back, then that means either two things. They’re extremely busy or they don’t care that much about you. As I’ve said before, every situation is unique.
Close friends will drop the ball as well and some friendships even have seasons when they’re close and not close. Sometimes people are tired or busy and either can’t or don’t feel like picking up or texting back at the moment. If we’re honest, we’ve all felt that way before. Let’s give grace to others.
I’m not saying that friends will always help. I’m saying that if a friend knows that you’re in serious need, because he/she loves you so much, they are going to make themselves available for you. If you are going through emotional pain after a break up, they are going to make themselves available. If you are in the hospital, they are going to make themselves available. If you are in danger, they are going to make themselves available. Even for little things, friends make themselves available because they love you. Friends are dependable and trustworthy
42. “A friend is not the person who brags about you when things are going great, it’s the one who stays with you when your life is a mess and a bag of mistakes.”
43. “Everybody isn’t your friend. Just because they hang around you and laugh with you doesn’t mean they are your friend. People pretend well. At the end of the day, real situations expose fake people, so pay attention.”
44. “Hard times and fake friends are like oil and water: they don’t mix.”
45. “Remember, you don’t need a certain number of friends, just a number of friends you can be certain of.”
46. “True friends aren’t the ones who make your problems disappear. They are the ones who won’t disappear when your facing problems.”
47. “True friends are those rare people who come to find you in dark places and lead you back to the light.”
Friends aren’t perfect
Be careful not to use this article to end friendships with good friends who’ve made mistakes. Just like you’re not perfect, you’re friends aren’t perfect. Sometimes they may do things that will offend us and sometimes we will do things to offend them.
We have to be careful that we aren’t labeling others when they disappoint us. There are indeed fake people in the world. However, sometimes even are best friends will hurt us and say things that will frustrate us. That is not a reason to end the relationship. Sometimes even our closest friends will sin against us outwardly and inwardly.
By the same token, we have done the same thing to them. We must be careful that we aren’t desiring others to maintain a standard of perfection that we can’t maintain. There might be a situation when a friend is doing something that is hurting you and others and you have to be the one to bring it to them in love. By doing so, you can save the relationship and help the friend with the character flaw that they are struggling with.
Don’t be so quick to give up on others. Scripture reminds us to continually forgive others when they sin against us. We should persistently pursue others. Once again, that does not mean that we should be around someone who repeatedly tries to harm us and sin against us. There is indeed a time to remove ourselves from a harmful relationship that is hindering our growth and especially our walk with Christ.
48. “Friendships aren’t perfect and yet they are very precious. For me, not expecting perfection all in one place was a great release.”
49. “Cut off fake people for real reasons, not real people for fake reasons.”
50. “When a friend makes a mistake, the friend remains a friend, and the mistake remains a mistake.”
51. “When a friend makes a mistake, you should never forget all the good things they have done for you in the past.”
52. “When a friend does something wrong don’t forget all the things they did right.”
53. “True friends aren’t perfect. They make mistakes. They may hurt you. They may make you mad or annoyed. But when you need them, they’re there in a heartbeat.”
Moving on from fake friends
Though it is painful, there are times when we should move on from relationships that are harmful to us. If a friendship is not making us better at all and even corrupting our character, that is a friendship that we should detach ourselves from. If someone is only using you for what you possess, but it’s apparent that they don’t like you, then that person is most likely not your friend.
With that said, maybe you don’t have to end the relationship. However, allow the person to know how you feel. Don’t feel like being a good friend to someone means always saying yes. Also, don’t enable someone who needs to grow in responsibility. All situations are unique. We have to pray and use discernment on how to handle each and every situation.
I’m going to keep reiterating this. Just because someone does something that you don’t like, that does not mean that you should end the relationship. Sometimes we have to be patient and talk to our friends to help them in an area where they need improvement in. This is part of being a loving friend. We have to be gracious to others and understand that people do change.
If possible, we should seek to have a conversation about issues in the relationship. If the person is truly your friend, then they will listen. If conversations are not possible, the person repeatedly harms you, slanders you, belittle you, and uses you, then that is a relationship that you might need to walk away from. I want you to understand that the goal is not to walk away from a relationship. We should fight for others. However, if it is not possible and it is evident that the person is bringing us down, then we should separate ourselves.
54. “Letting go of toxic people in your life is a big step in loving yourself.”
55. “There is nothing wrong with avoiding people who hurt you.”
56. “You never really see how toxic someone is until you breathe fresher air.”
57. “Let go of the people who dull your shine, poison your spirit, and bring your drama.”
58. “No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.”
59. “We must learn to sanitize our environment from time to time to remove bad associates.”
Bad company corrupts good character
We don’t like to hear it, but what the Bible says is true, “Bad company ruins good morals.” We are influenced by what we are around. If we have friends who are always gossiping about others, then we will start to feel comfortable to start gossiping as well. If we have friends who are always making fun of others, then we might start doing the same. Just like being in a relationship with the wrong person will bring us down, so will having the wrong friends around us. If we’re not careful, we can pick up some bad habits from people in our lives.
60. “The only thing more frustrating than slanderers is those foolish enough to listen to them.”
61. “The company you keep will have a positive or negative impact on you. Choose your friends wisely.”
62. “As much as people refuse to believe it, the company you keep does have an impact and influence on your choices.”
63. “You are only going to be as good as the people you surround yourself with so be brave enough to let go of those who keep weighing you down.”
64. “Show me your friends and ill show you your future.”
65. “Nothing perhaps affects man’s character more than the company he keeps.” – J. C. Ryle
We should always be praying for true friendships and deeper relationships with others. This article was not written so we’d look down upon friends and family. As we pray for real relationships, let’s identify areas that we can grow in our friendships with others. Ask yourself, how can I become a better friend? How can I love others more?
66. “Friendship isn’t about whom you have known the longest… It’s about who came, and never left your side.”
67. “A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same.” – Elbert Hubbard
68. “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” – C.S. Lewis
69. “True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable.”
70. “Ultimately the bond of all companionship, whether in marriage or in friendship, is conversation.”
71. “A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.”
72. “A True friend is one who sees a fault, gives you advice and who defends you in your absence.”
73. “Someone who smiles too much with you can sometimes frown too much with you at your back.”
74. “A true friend is someone who sees the pain in your eyes while everyone else believes the smile on your face.”
75. “Anything is possible when you have the right people there to support you.”
76. “A friend is one who overlooks your broken fence and admires the flowers in your garden.”
77. “Friends are those rare people who ask how we are and then wait to hear the answer.”
78. “Some people arrive and make such a beautiful impact on your life, you can barely remember what life was like without them.”
79. “True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity, before it is entitled to the appellation.”
80. “True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it is lost.”
81. “It’s not that diamonds are a girl’s best friend, but it’s your best friends who are your diamonds.”
82. “Good friends care for each other, close friends understand each other, but true friends stay forever beyond words, beyond distance and beyond time.”
Pray for your friends
One of the best ways to love your friends is to pray for them. Encourage them to pray and remember them in your prayers. Lift them up to God. Sometimes we don’t know what our friends are going through, so I encourage you to pray for them. Never doubt the power of intercessory prayer. If we knew, we would be astonished by the amount of people that God has blessed through our prayer lives.
83. “The best kind of friend is a praying friend.”
84. “A praying is a friend forever.”
85. “There is nothing more valuable to give a friend than a silent prayer their behalf.”
86. “Rich is person who has a praying friend.”
87. “A friend is one who strengthens you with prayers, blesses you with love and encourages you with hope.”
88. “A praying friend is worth a million friends, for prayer can open the door of heaven and shut the gates of hell.”
89. “Dear God, Hear my prayer, please, as I pray for my friend in need. Gather them into Your loving arms and help them through these hard times in their life. Bless them, Lord, and keep them safe. Amen.”
90. “The best gift anyone can give to a friend is to pray for him.”
91. “True friends are the ones that pray for you when you didn’t even ask them to.”
92. “One friend can change your life. “
93. “If you can’t get someone off your mind, it’s because your mind always knows what your heart is thinking.”
94. “Praying for your friends is so important because sometimes they fight battles they’ll never speak about. Make sure they’re covered.”
Bible verses about fake friends
In Scripture, we are reminded that even Christ was betrayed by fake friends. The Bible has a lot to say about choosing friends wisely and being surrounded by bad company.
95. Psalm 55:21 “with speech smoother than butter, but with a heart set on war; with words that were softer than oil, but in fact were drawn swords.”
96. Psalm 28:3 “Do not drag me away with the wicked–with those who do evil–those who speak friendly words to their neighbors while planning evil in their hearts.”
97. Psalm 41:9 “Even my close friend, someone I trusted, one who shared my bread, has turned against me.”
98. Proverbs 16:28 “A perverse person stirs up conflict, and a gossip separates close friends.”
99. 1 Corinthians 15:33-34 “Do not be fooled. “Bad companions ruin good character.” Come back to your right senses and stop your sinful ways. I declare to your shame that some of you do not know God.”
100. Proverbs 18:24 “Some friends play at friendship but a true friend sticks closer than one’s nearest kin.”
Q1 – How do you feel about your friendship with others?
Q2 – What are ways that your friends have made you better?
Q3 – In every argument are you always right? How can you humble yourself in every relationship?
Q4 – How can you grow in your relationship with others and love your friends more?
Q5 – What are things that you can pray about regarding your friendships?
Q6 – Are you holding on to toxic relationships that only bring you down?
Q7 – If you have issues with a certain friend, rather than holding it in and growing in bitterness, have you brought the issue to your friend?
Q8 – Are you praying for toxic people who are currently in your life or were in your life previously?
Q9 – Are you allowing God to be in your relationship with others?