Quotes about being single
There is so much more to singleness than we know. If you are currently single at the moment do no waste your singleness. God is not finished with you yet. My goal for listing these quotes is to help you to embrace singleness and grow in your relationship with the Lord.
Save yourself for the one God has for you.
The one who God has for you is worth the wait. Don’t allow temporary happiness to cause you to miss out on what God has for you. One day you’re going to look back and be so thankful that you waited for the right one.
1. “Being single is definitely better than being with the wrong person.”
2. “Don’t worry if you’re single. God is looking at you right now, saying, “I’m saving this one for someone special.”
3. “Choosing to be single isn’t selfish, it’s just smarter to be alone than with the wrong person.”
4. “Being single is better than being in a relationship with someone who fills your heart with doubt.”
5. “A God centered relationship is worth the wait.”
6. “Your heart is precious to God. So guard it, and wait for the one who will treasure it.”
Not only is God working in your life in ways that you may not understand, but He is also working in you. He is changing things about you, He is preparing you, He is revamping your prayer life, He is helping you to experience Him in ways you have never done before, and more. Singleness is a blessing because I believe you have more time to experience God and get to know Him than those in relationships.
7. “Being single doesn’t mean no one wants you, it means God is busy writing your love story.”
8. “Sometimes it takes learning how to be perfectly lonely. Just so God can show you what being perfectly loved feels like. Never doubt the season He has your life in.”
9. “Instead of focusing on finding the right guy, spend your energy on becoming the woman God has created you to be.”
10. “God is still writing your love story. Don’t let go of your faith because of what you have yet to see.”
Don’t look at singleness in the world’s eyes.
The world does not define who you are. Don’t look at your situation through the lens of the world, but instead look at your situation through the lens of God. Your identity does not come from the world! The world makes singles feel unattractive, unwanted, embarrassed, weak, etc. All this does is create brokenness in the person’s life and it makes them pursue any relationship just to ease the pain. It takes a strong and confident person to wait for what God has in store for them.
11. “Being single doesn’t mean you’re weak. It means that you’re strong enough to wait for what you deserve.”
12. “There is no shame in being single. It’s not a curse, or punishment. It’s an opportunity.”
13. “It takes a strong person to remain single in a world that is accustomed to settling with anything just to say they have something.”
14. “Nothing is more beautiful than a woman who is brave, strong and emboldened because of who Christ is in her.”
15. “I don’t like to be labeled as lonely just because I am alone.”
16. “Singleness ought not be viewed as a problem, nor marriage as a right. God grants either as a gift.
17. “Being single is not the weakness of being unable to find a relationship. It is the strength of having the patience to wait for the right one.”
Don’t rush into a relationship just to be with someone.
If you’re not careful in singleness, then you can easily lower your standard. First, it starts with “God send me a godly Christian.” Then, we say, ” just send me someone that goes to church.” Then, we say, “God just send me someone who is nice.” Little by little we start lowering our standards. What’s even worse is that sometimes we may get distracted by random people who we feel like we have a connection with. There is nothing wrong with having a connection, but there is something wrong with having a connection and wanting to be with someone who is ungodly. We do this because we are tired of waiting and we want to switch our status from single to taken. Rushing into a relationship can easily lead to problems in the future.
18. “You deserve a man after God’s own heart, not just a boy who goes to church. Someone who is intentional about pursuing you, not just looking for someone to date. A man who will love you not just for your looks, your body, or how much money you make, but because of who you are in Christ. He should see your inward beauty.”
19. “Only God can give you the love you are looking for, and only God can give you the person that loves Him enough to deserve you.”
20. “No matter how long it takes, when God works, it’s always worth the wait.”
21. “People aren’t defined by their relationships.”
22. “There is no need to rush into a relationship. Take the time to truly get to know the person, and establish a foundation of friendship, honesty, and love.”
23. “Don’t rush into love. Remember that even in fairytales, the happy endings take place on the last page.”
Fear of being single forever.
Many people are struggling with anuptaphobia, which is the fear of being single. The fear of “dying alone” can cause people to get into bad relationships, remain in destructive relationships, etc. Stop criticizing yourself for being single. Be careful with spending too much time on social media, which can create bitterness, jealousy, and hurt. If you are struggling with this, you are not alone. I’ve watched many people who struggled with this issue get married. We must stop overthinking. Although we may not know what is going to happen tomorrow, we do know that God is in control of all situations. This biblical truth should give you so much encouragement.
24 “Too many women throw themselves into romance because they’re afraid of being single.”
25. “Why is it that people think staying in a bad relationship is better than being single? Don’t they know that being single is the first step to finding a great relationship?“
26. “Being single and happy is better than being sad and afraid in an abuse relationship.”
Focus on the Lord.
Take your focus off of what you don’t have and put it on what’s in front of you. When you’re so focused on being single that can easily lead to depression and bitterness. Focus on God and allow Him to work in your heart. Focusing on Christ and building your relationship with Him creates peace and joy in our hearts. Not only that, but it helps us with contentment.
27. “Ladies: It’s not your job to catch a man. It’s your job to serve God until He leads a man to you.“
28. “Place your heart in the hands of God and He will place it in the hands of a man who He believes deserves it.”
29. “She focused on God. He did the same. God gave them each other.
30. “Being single means I have more time to focus on God’s will for my life.”
God is with you in your singleness.
Just because you are single does not mean you have to feel alone. Once you get to understand God’s presence you will realize how close God is and how loved that you truly are by Him. He sees, He hears, He knows, and He wants to show you. He wants to fill that void, but you have to allow Him to. Get alone with Him daily and grow in your pursuit of knowing Him.
31. “You may feel lost and alone, but God knows exactly where you are, and He has a good plan for your life.”
32. “God is always there when you think no one else is.”
33. “God surely listens, understands and knows the hopes and fears you keep in your heart. For when you trust in His love, miracles happen!”
34. “Don’t worry God is taking care of you even if it may seem you are all alone.”
35. “God is the best listener you don’t need to shout nor cry out loud because he hears even the very silent prayer of a sincere heart.”