Prayers from the Bible
The Bible is filled with prayers. Every biblical leader knew the importance of prayer. People prayed for understanding, blessings, strength, healing, family, direction, unbelievers, and more.
Today, we cast so much doubt on God. He’s the same God. If He answered then, He will answer now. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-17 “Rejoice always, pray continually.”
Path of righteousness
1. Psalm 25:4-7 Teach me your ways, O Lord; make them known to me. Teach me to live according to your truth, for you are my God, who saves me. I always trust in you. Remember, O Lord, your kindness and constant love which you have shown from long ago. Forgive the sins and errors of my youth. In your constant love and goodness, remember me, Lord!
2. Psalm 139:23-24 Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.
3. Psalm 19:13 Keep your servant also from willful sins; may they not rule over me. Then I will be blameless, innocent of great transgression.
4. Psalm 119:34-35 Give me understanding, so that I may keep your law and obey it with all my heart. Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight.
5. Psalm 86:11 Teach me your way, LORD, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.
6. Psalm 119:28 Ephesians 3:14-16 For this reason, I bow my knees and pray to the Father. It is from Him that every family in heaven and on earth has its name. I pray that because of the riches of His shining-greatness, He will make you strong with power in your hearts through the Holy Spirit.
7. Psalm 119:28 My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word.
Help & Protection
8. Psalm 40:13 Please, LORD, rescue me! Come quickly, LORD, and help me.
9. Psalm 55:1-2 Listen to my prayer, O God, do not ignore my plea; hear me and answer me. My thoughts trouble me and I am distraught.
10. Psalm 140:1-2 Rescue me, LORD, from evildoers; protect me from the violent, those who plot evil in their hearts and stir up trouble all day long.
11. Jeremiah 17:14 Heal me, LORD, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.
12. Psalm 6:2 Have mercy on me, LORD, for I am faint; heal me, LORD, for my bones are in agony.
13. Psalm 51:1-2 Be merciful to me, O God, because of your constant love. Because of your great mercy wipe away my sins! Wash away all my evil and make me clean from my sin!
14. Psalm 31:3 Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me.
Not asking for anything, but just giving the Lord thanks and praise.
15. Daniel 2:23 I thank and praise you, God of my ancestors: You have given me wisdom and power, you have made known to me what we asked of you, you have made known to us the dream of the king.
16. Matthew 11:25 At that time Jesus prayed this prayer: O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, thank you for hiding these things from those who think themselves wise and clever, and for revealing them to the childlike.
17. Revelation 11:17 saying: “We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty, the One who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and have begun to reign.”
18. 1 Chronicles 29:13 Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name.
19. Philemon 1:4 I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers.
20. Matthew 6:9-13 Pray then like this: “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.”
21. 1 Samuel 2:1-2 Then Hannah prayed and said: “My heart rejoices in the LORD; in the LORD my horn is lifted high. My mouth boasts over my enemies, for I delight in your deliverance. “There is no one holy like the LORD; there is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God.”
22. 1 Chronicles 4:10 Jabez called upon the God of Israel, saying, “Oh that you would bless me and enlarge my border, and that your hand might be with me, and that you would keep me from harm so that it might not bring me pain!” And God granted what he asked.
23. Judges 16:28 Then Samson prayed to the LORD, “Sovereign LORD, remember me. Please, God, strengthen me just once more, and let me with one blow get revenge on the Philistines for my two eyes.”
24. Luke 18:13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance and dared not even lift his eyes to heaven as he prayed. Instead, he beat his chest in sorrow, saying, ‘O God, be merciful to me, for I am a sinner.’
25. Acts 7:59-60 While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” Then he fell on his knees and cried out, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” When he had said this, he fell asleep.