What does the Bible say about rocks?
God is higher, He is bigger, He is greater, and He provides more protection than every mountain combined. Jesus is the rock where salvation is found. Seek Him, repent, and trust in Him.
God is my rock and my refuge
1. Psalm 18:1-3 I love you, Lord; you are my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. I called on the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and he saved me from my enemies.
2. 2 Samuel 22:2 He said: “The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior– from violent people you save me.
3. Psalm 71:3 Be my rock of refuge, to which I can always go; give the command to save me, for you are my rock and my fortress.
4. Psalm 62:7-8 My honor and salvation come from God. He is my mighty rock and my protection. People, trust God all the time. Tell him all your problems, because God is our protection.
5. Psalm 31:3-4 Yes, you are my Rock and my protection. For the good of your name, lead me and guide me. Save me from the traps my enemy has set. You are my place of safety.
6. Psalm 144:1-3 Of David. Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me. LORD, what are human beings that you care for them, mere mortals that you think of them?
The Lord is my rock and my salvation
7. Psalm 62:2 “He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken.”
8. Psalm 62:6 “He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved.”
9. 2 Samuel 22:2-3 “He said: “The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; 3 my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior— from violent people you save me.”
10. Psalm 27:1 “The Lord is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?”
11. Psalm 95:1 “Oh come, let us sing to the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation!”
12. Psalm 78:35 (NIV) “They remembered that God was their Rock, that God Most High was their Redeemer.”
There is no rock like God
13. Deuteronomy 32:4 He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he.
14. 1 Samuel 2:2 There is no holy God like the Lord. There is no God but you. There is no Rock like our God.
15. Deuteronomy 32:31 For their rock is not like our Rock, as even our enemies concede.
16. Psalm 18:31 For who is God besides the LORD? And who is the Rock except our God?
17. Isaiah 44:8 “Do not tremble, do not be afraid. Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago? You are my witnesses. Is there any God besides me? No, there is no other Rock; I know not one.”
Rocks will cry out Scripture
18. Luke 19:39-40 “Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, “Teacher, rebuke your disciples!” 40 “I tell you,” he replied, “if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.”
19. Habakkuk 2:11 “For the stones will cry out from the wall, and the rafters will answer them from the woodwork.”
Praise the rock of our salvation
Praise and call on the Lord.
20. Psalm 18:46 The LORD lives! Praise to my Rock! May the God of my salvation be exalted!
21. Psalm 28:1-2 To you, LORD, I call; you are my Rock, do not turn a deaf ear to me. For if you remain silent, I will be like those who go down to the pit. Hear my cry for mercy as I call to you for help, as I lift up my hands toward your Most Holy Place.
22. Psalm 31:2 Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me.
23. 2 Samuel 22:47 “The LORD lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be my God, the Rock, my Savior!
24. Psalm 89:26 He will call out to me, ‘You are my Father, my God, the Rock my Savior.’
25. Psalm 19:14 May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.
26. 1 Peter 2:8 And, “He is the stone that makes people stumble, the rock that makes them fall.” They stumble because they do not obey God’s word, and so they meet the fate that was planned for them.
27. Romans 9:32 Why not? Because they were trying to get right with God by keeping the law instead of by trusting in him. They stumbled over the great rock in their path.
28. Psalms 125:1 (KJV) “They that trust in the Lord shall be as mount Zion, which cannot be removed, but abideth for ever.”
29. Isaiah 28:16 (ESV) “Therefore thus says the Lord God, “Behold, I am the one who has laid as a foundation in Zion, a stone, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone, of a sure foundation: ‘Whoever believes will not be in haste.”
30. Psalm 71:3 “Be my rock of refuge, to which I can always go; give the command to save me, for you are my rock and my fortress.”
Examples of rocks in the Bible
31. Matthew 16:18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
32. Deuteronomy 32:13 He let them ride over the highlands and feast on the crops of the fields. He nourished them with honey from the rock and olive oil from the stony ground.
33. Exodus 17:6 I will stand there before you by the rock at Horeb. Strike the rock, and water will come out of it for the people to drink.” So Moses did this in the sight of the elders of Israel.
34. Deuteronomy 8:15 Do not forget that he led you through the great and terrifying wilderness with its poisonous snakes and scorpions, where it was so hot and dry. He gave you water from the rock!
35. Exodus 33:22 As my glorious presence passes by, I will hide you in the crevice of the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by.
36. Deuteronomy 32:15 Jeshurun grew fat and kicked; filled with food, they became heavy and sleek. They abandoned the God who made them and rejected the Rock their Savior.
37. Deuteronomy 32:18 You deserted the Rock, who fathered you; you forgot the God who gave you birth.
38. 2 Samuel 23:3 “The God of Israel said, The Rock of Israel spoke to me, ‘He who rules over men righteously, Who rules in the fear of God.”
39. Numbers 20:10 “He and Aaron gathered the assembly together in front of the rock and Moses said to them, “Listen, you rebels, must we bring you water out of this rock?”
40. 1 Peter 2:8 “and, “A stone that causes people to stumble and a rock that makes them fall.” They stumble because they disobey the message—which is also what they were destined for.”
41. Isaiah 2:10 “Go into the rocks, hide in the ground from the fearful presence of the LORD and the splendor of his majesty!”
2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless, God’s solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness.”