Bible verses about backstabbing
Being stabbed in the back by a family member or a friend especially a close one is not a good feeling. In all the backstabbings, slander, and trials you go through in life know it is very meaningful.
Even though no one should ever gossip about anyone, find out if the things that are being said about you are true. There are times when we are being wrongly accused of things for no reason, but in some cases maybe the things that are being said are true and we must examine ourselves. Use this situation to grow in Christ and glorify God.
If you keep on thinking about it you will build bitterness and malice in your heart. Seek peace through prayer and pour your heart out to the Lord. Just talk to Him and keep your mind on Him to keep your mind at peace. God will not forsake His faithful ones. Don’t take matters into your own hands. No matter how hard it may seem you must forgive and try to seek reconciliation. Continue to be a good example to others by the way you live. Trust in the Lord with all your heart because He loves you and He will help you.
“False friendship, like the ivy, decays and ruins the walls it embraces; but true friendship gives new life and animation to the object it supports.”
“Don’t fear the foe who attacks you, but fear the friend who hugs you fakely.”
“Better to have an enemy who slaps you in the face than a friend who stabs you in the back.”
“The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies.”
“To me, the thing that is worse than death is betrayal. You see, I could conceive death, but I could not conceive betrayal.” – Malcolm X
1. Psalm 55:12-15 For it is not an enemy who taunts me then I could bear it; it is not an adversary who deals insolently with me then I could hide from him. But it is you, a man, my equal, my companion, my familiar friend. We used to take sweet counsel together;within God’s house we walked in the throng. Let death steal over them; let them go down to Sheol alive; for evil is in their dwelling place and in their heart.
2. Psalm 41:9 Even my close friend, someone I trusted, one who shared my bread, has turned against me.
3. Job 19:19 All my intimate friends detest me; those I love have turned against me.
4 Jeremiah 20:10 For I hear many whispering. Terror is on every side! “Denounce him! Let us denounce him!” say all my close friends, watching for my fall. “Perhaps he will be deceived; then we can overcome him and take our revenge on him.”
5. Psalm 55:21 His speech was smooth as butter, yet war was in his heart; his words were softer than oil, yet they were drawn swords.
Call on the Lord
6. Psalm 55:22 Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.
7. Psalm 18:1-6 I love you, Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I called to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I have been saved from my enemies. The cords of death entangled me; the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me. The cords of the grave coiled around me; the snares of death confronted me. In my distress I called to the Lord; I cried to my God for help. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears.
8. Hebrews 13:6 So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?”
9. Psalm 25:2 I trust in you; do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me.
10. Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
I know from experience it might be hard, but you must forgive.
11. Matthew 5:43-45 “You have heard the law that says, ‘Love your neighbor’ and hate your enemy. But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.”
12. Matthew 6:14-15 For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
Don’t kill yourself by continually thinking about it.
13. Philippians 4:6-7 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
14. Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.
15. Proverbs 16:28 A perverse person spreads dissension, and a gossip separates the closest friends.
16. Romans 8:37-39 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
17. 1 Peter 3:16 But do this in a gentle and respectful way. Keep your conscience clear. Then if people speak against you, they will be ashamed when they see what a good life you live because you belong to Christ.
18. 1 Peter 2:15 For it is God’s will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish people.
19. Ephesians 4:26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath.
20. 2 Corinthians 12:20-21 For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults: And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.