Bible verses about the internet
The internet can advance the kingdom of God greatly, but sadly it does more harm than good. As time goes on more and more Christians will be deceived by the false teaching and worldly knowledge of the internet. More and more professing Christians will go to hell because they deliberately rebel and continually fill their eyes with porn. Many of the websites people love to go on God hates. I’m not saying there is something wrong with going to sites like YouTube or Facebook, or other sites that are not necessarily Christian, but we must be careful. It’s so easy to fall in this area.
Our kids are being deceived by deceitful teachings on the internet. Be careful because the internet is very powerful and dangerous. This is one of the reasons for the increase in VPN services such as IPVanish. The internet can lead to many sins and it can lead you away from Christ as well. Gossip is a sin we don’t talk about a lot, but because of the internet many people do it. Whether it’s reading a juicy gossip story or using your Facebook as an instrument to gossip.
Don’t be like the world, guard your heart, and imitate Christ. Instead of going on bad sites, go on sites that can help your walk of faith like Bible Gateway. What websites are you going on? Would God approve? Is the internet and social media an idol in your life? Is the internet hindering your prayer life?
End Times: Increase of knowledge
1. Daniel 12:3-7 Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever. But you, Daniel, roll up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge.” Then I, Daniel, looked, and there before me stood two others, one on this bank of the river and one on the opposite bank. One of them said to the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, “How long will it be before these astonishing things are fulfilled?” The man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, lifted his right hand and his left hand toward heaven, and I heard him swear by him who lives forever, saying, “It will be for a time, times and half a time. When the power of the holy people has been finally broken, all these things will be completed.”
2. 1 John 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.
3. Colossians 2:8-10 See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ. For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority.
4. 1 Timothy 6:20 O Timothy, guard the deposit entrusted to you. Avoid the irreverent babble and contradictions of what is falsely called “knowledge,”
Be set apart
5. Romans 12:1-2 Christian brothers, I ask you from my heart to give your bodies to God because of His loving-kindness to us. Let your bodies be a living and holy gift given to God. He is pleased with this kind of gift. This is the true worship that you should give Him. Do not act like the sinful people of the world. Let God change your life. First of all, let Him give you a new mind. Then you will know what God wants you to do. And the things you do will be good and pleasing and perfect.
6. 1 John 2:15-18 Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you. For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world. And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever.
Stop going on bad websites especially porn. If you wouldn’t do it in front of Jesus don’t do it now. Remember He is watching and God will not be mocked.
7. Psalm 119:37 Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things; and give me life in your ways.
8. Romans 6:12-15 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness. For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
9. Psalm 101:3-4 I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me. A froward heart shall depart from me: I will not know a wicked person.
Do everything for the glory of God
10. 1 Corinthians 10:31 So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
11. Colossians 3:17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
12. Colossians 3:10 and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.
13. Proverbs 4:23 Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.
14. Ephesians 5:1 Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children.
15. Ephesians 5:10 and find out what pleases the Lord.
16. Ephesians 5:17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is.
17. Romans 1:29-30 Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, quarreling, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip. They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful. They invent new ways of sinning, and they disobey their parents.
18. Philippians 4:8-9 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me–put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
19. 1 Timothy 4:12 Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity.
20. 2 Corinthians 8:21 For we are taking pains to do what is right, not only in the eyes of the Lord but also in the eyes of man.