Bible verses for insomnia
In this world many people struggle with insomnia including me. I used to struggle with chronic insomnia where I used to be up for the entire day and the reason it got so bad was because I made a habit of sleeping extremely late.
My steps for overcoming insomnia were simple. I didn’t want my mind racing so I stopped late night TV and internet use. I prayed and asked God for help.
I made my mind at peace by putting my mind on Christ and I went to sleep at normal bedtime hours. The first few days were rocky, but I stayed patient trusting in God and one day I put my head down and I was surprised to see it was morning.
When I made the mistake of messing up my sleeping pattern again I used the same steps and was cured. All Christians should be patient, stop worrying, trust in God, and put these Scripture quotes in your heart.
- “Dear sleep, I’m sorry I hated you when I was a kid, but now I cherish every moment with you.”
Prayer and faith
1. Mark 11:24 Because of this, I say to you, whatever you ask for when you pray, have faith that you will receive it. Then you will get it.
2. John 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
3. Philippians 4:6-7 Never worry about anything. But in every situation let God know what you need in prayers and requests while giving thanks. Then God’s peace, which goes beyond anything we can imagine, will guard your thoughts and emotions through Christ Jesus.
4. Psalm 145:18-19 The Lord is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth. He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them.
5. 1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
Stop working too hard.
6. Ecclesiastes 2:22-23 For what does a man get from all his work and trouble under the sun? For his work brings pain and sorrow all his days. Even during the night his mind does not rest. This also is for nothing.
7. Psalm 127:2 It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep.
8. Psalms 4:8 I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.
9. Proverbs 3:24 When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet.
10. Psalm 3:4-5 I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah. I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me.
Keeping your mind at peace.
11. Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
12. Colossians 3:15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.
13. Romans 8:6 The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace.
14. John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
Worrying too much.
15. Matthew 6:27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
16. Matthew 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
17. Colossians 3:2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.
18. James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.
19. Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.
20. Ephesians 5:19 singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs among yourselves, and making music to the Lord in your hearts.
21. Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
22. Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.