Bible verses about headaches
I used to suffer from terrible migraines when I was a child. They were so annoying and just kept coming back. I remember the unbearable thumping pain that lasted for a full week one time so I know how it can feel. I don’t get them as much nor are they quite as painful, but I did recently get a headache that lasted three days.
I can honestly say the more I prayed and the more I kept my mind on Christ the better my head felt.
Sometimes I pray and God doesn’t rid me of my headache, but He comforts me through it.
The experience taught me to keep my mind on the Lord in the most painful situations.
Have faith and pray because God can heal the worst diseases. Even headaches God can use to help grow your faith and character.
When you do have one you can either ease the pain by keeping your mind on Christ and seeking comfort and help from God or you can let it defeat you. For any extremely severe cases go to the hospital.
God blessed us with hospitals and medicine for our benefit and remember you might see the physician, but God can heal you through them because He is always working behind the scenes.
Sometimes we just have to figure out the cause of the headache. Sometimes it can be stress, heat, low water intake, loud music, staring at the computer screen too long, skipped meals, lack of sleep, and more.
These were all things that led to my headaches and they might be causing yours. Continually pray, have faith, and trust in our great healer.
- God has a purpose for your pain, a reason for your struggle and a gift for your faithfulness. Don’t give up!
Finding the cause
1. James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.
2. Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding;
3. Psalm 37:5 Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
Have faith that God will help. Sometimes God helps by curing you. Sometimes He helps by comforting you and giving you the strength to get through the pain.
4. Mark 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
5. Jeremiah 32:27 Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?
Keep you mind on Christ
6. John 16:33 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
7. Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
Sometimes we suffer to share in the sufferings of Christ and to help others who are suffering.
8. Romans 8:17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs–heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.
9. 2 Corinthians 1:5-6 For as we share abundantly in Christ’s sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too. If we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; and if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which you experience when you patiently endure the same sufferings that we suffer.
10. Psalm 71:20 You have allowed me to suffer much hardship, but you will restore me to life again and lift me up from the depths of the earth.
Pray: God is the ultimate healer.
11. Psalm 55:22 Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved
12. Psalm 103:2-3 Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases.
13. Psalm 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.
14. Psalm 30:2 O LORD my God, I cried to you for help, and you restored my health.
15. Psalm 119:50 This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life.