What does the Bible say about comfort?
How awesome it is that we have a God of comfort and peace to help us in our time of need. The Holy Spirit, which is also called the comforter is living inside believers.
We can pray to Him for comfort, encouragement, and for daily strength. He will help remind us of God’s faithful words whenever we’re hurting or discouraged in life.
Give God all that is in your heart. I can’t explain the awesome peace that God gives through prayer.
Nothing in this world can compare. Let’s learn more with these comforting Bible verses.
Christian quotes about comfort
“One way to get comfort is to plead the promise of God in prayer, show Him His handwriting; God is tender of His Word.” Thomas Manton
“Jesus Christ is both a comfort for Christians and an irritation for the world.” Woodrow Kroll
God’s strength makes us strong; His comfort comforts us. With Him, we no longer run; we rest.” Dillon Burroughs
Our greatest comfort in sorrow is to know that God is in control.
The God of comfort Bible verses
1. Isaiah 51:3 The LORD will comfort Israel again and have pity on her ruins. Her desert will blossom like Eden, her barren wilderness like the garden of the LORD. Joy and gladness will be found there. Songs of thanksgiving will fill the air.
2. Psalm 23:4 Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.
3. 2 Corinthians 1:5 For the more we suffer for Christ, the more God will shower us with his comfort through Christ.
4. Isaiah 40:1 Comfort, comfort my people, says your God.
5. Psalm 119:50 This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life.
6. Romans 15:4-5 For everything that was written in former times was written for our instruction, so that through endurance and through encouragement of the scriptures we may have hope. Now may the God of endurance and comfort give you unity with one another in accordance with Christ Jesus,
7. Isaiah 51:12 “I, yes I, am the one who comforts you. So why are you afraid of mere humans, who wither like the grass and disappear? Yet you have forgotten the LORD, your Creator, the one who stretched out the sky like a canopy and laid the foundations of the earth. Will you remain in constant dread of human oppressors? Will you continue to fear the anger of your enemies? Where is their fury and anger now? It is gone!
Jesus weeps over our sorrows
8. John 11:33-36 When Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who had come along with her also weeping, he was deeply moved in spirit and troubled. “Where have you laid him?” he asked. “Come and see, Lord,” they replied. Jesus wept. Then the Jews said, “See how he loved him!”
9. Psalm 56:8 You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book.
Praying for comfort and healing
10. Psalm 119:76-77 Now let your unfailing love comfort me, just as you promised me, your servant. Surround me with your tender mercies so I may live, for your instructions are my delight.
11. Psalm 119:81-82 My soul faints with longing for your salvation, but I have put my hope in your word. My eyes fail, looking for your promise; I say, “When will you comfort me?”
12. Isaiah 58:9 Then you will call, and the LORD will answer; you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I. “If you do away with the yoke of oppression, with the pointing finger and malicious talk.
God comforts us in our trials so we can comfort others.
13. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.
14. 2 Corinthians 1:6-7 Even when we are weighed down with troubles, it is for your comfort and salvation! For when we ourselves are comforted, we will certainly comfort you. Then you can patiently endure the same things we suffer. We are confident that as you share in our sufferings, you will also share in the comfort God gives us.
15. 1 Thessalonians 5:11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.
Finding refuge and comfort in the Lord.
16. Psalm 62:6-8 Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.
17. Psalm 91:4-5 He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge. His truth is your shield and armor. You do not need to fear terrors of the night, arrows that fly during the day.
18. Deuteronomy 3:22 Ye shall not fear them: for the Lord your God he shall fight for you.
19. Psalm 27:1 The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
20. Psalm 23:1-3 The Lord is my shepherd; I have all that I need. He lets me rest in green meadows;
he leads me beside peaceful streams. He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name.
21. Psalm 121:5 The LORD watches over you the LORD is your shade at your right hand;
22. Psalm 138:7 Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life. You stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes; with your right hand you save me.
23. 2 Corinthians 4:8-10 We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies.
24. Psalm 112:6 Surely the righteous will never be shaken; they will be remembered forever.
25. Psalm 73:25-26 Whom have I in heaven but you? I desire you more than anything on earth. My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever.
2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 “Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal comfort and a wonderful hope, comfort you and strengthen you in every good thing you do and say.“