Bible verses for nervousness
Nervousness can be hard on anybody. You might have a big test coming up, a presentation, or you might be starting a new job. Instead of thinking about what makes you nervous, think about Christ.
A mind set on Christ will always lead to a peace that nothing in the world can compare to. Never doubt the power of prayer.
Ask God for His strength, encouragement, and comfort. Rely on the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Only he who can say, “The Lord is the strength of my life” can say, “Of whom shall I be afraid?” Alexander MacLaren
- “If the Lord be with us, we have no cause of fear. His eye is upon us, His arm over us, His ear open to our prayer – His grace sufficient, His promise unchangeable.” John Newton
- “God changes caterpillars into butterflies, sand into pearls and coal into diamonds using time and pressure. He’s working on you, too.”
- “Every day I pray. I yield myself to God and the tensions and anxieties go out of me and peace and power come in.”
- “I breathe in calmness and breathe out nervousness.”
Cast your worries on God.
1. Psalm 55:22 “Turn your burdens over to the LORD, and he will take care of you. He will never let the righteous person stumble.”
God is with you
2. Exodus 33:14 “And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.”
3. Isaiah 41:10 “Don’t be afraid, because I am with you. Don’t be intimidated; I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will support you with my victorious right hand.”
4. Deuteronomy 31:6 “Be strong and courageous. Don’t tremble! Don’t be afraid of them! The LORD your God is the one who is going with you. He won’t abandon you or leave you.”
5, Psalm 16:8 “I know the LORD is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.”
6. Philippians 4:7 “Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.”
7. John 14:27 “I am leaving you with a gift–peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.”
8. Isaiah 26:3 “With perfect peace you will protect those whose minds cannot be changed, because they trust you.”
9. Job 22:21 “Submit to God, and you will have peace; then things will go well for you.”
God is our refuge
10. Psalm 46:1 “God is our strong refuge; he is truly our helper in times of trouble.”
11. Psalm 31:4 “Keep me free from the trap that is set for me, for you are my refuge.”
12. Psalm 32:7 “You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.”
13. Proverbs 15:13 “A glad heart makes a cheerful face, but by sorrow of heart the spirit is crushed.”
14. Psalm 56:3 “When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
15. Psalm 28:7-8 “The LORD is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving. The LORD gives his people strength. He is a safe fortress for his anointed king.”
16. Isaiah 40:29 “He gives strength to those who grow tired and increases the strength of those who are weak.”
God gives comfort.
17. Psalm 94:19 “When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.”
18. Isaiah 66:13 “Like a child whom his mother comforts, so I will comfort you; and you will be comforted in Jerusalem.”
19. Psalm 23:4 “Even though I walk through the dark valley of death, because you are with me, I fear no harm. Your rod and your staff give me courage.”
20. Isaiah 51:12 “I, even I, am he who comforts you. Who are you that you fear mere mortals, human beings who are but grass.”
21. Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through him who strengthens me.”
22. Romans 8:31 “What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us?”
23. Psalm 23:1 “The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.”
24. Psalm 34:10 “The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing.”
25. 1 Corinthians 2:1-3 “Brothers and sisters, when I came to you, I didn’t speak about God’s mystery as if it were some kind of brilliant message or wisdom. While I was with you, I decided to deal with only one subject—Jesus Christ, who was crucified. When I came to you, I was weak. I was afraid and very nervous.”