Quotes about God
Are you searching for motivational God quotes to increase your faith in Christ? The Bible teaches us a great deal about God. From Scripture we learn that God is omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient. We also learn that God is love, caring, holy, eternal, full of justice and mercy.
One of the most extraordinary things about God is that He wants to be found and He desires for us to experience Him. Through His Son He has made a way for us to have fellowship with Him, to grow in our relationship with Him, and to grow in our intimacy with Him. Let’s learn more with these awesome Christian quotes about God.
Who is God quotes
God is the omnipotent Creator, Ruler, and Redeemer of the world. Look all around you. He is necessary for the creation of all things. God is the uncaused cause of the universe. Evidence of God exists in creation, morality, human experiences, science, logic, and history.
1. “In the absence of any other proof, the thumb alone would convince me of God’s existence.” Isaac Newton
2. “God in the beginning formed matter in solid, massy, hard, impenetrable, movable particles, of such sizes and figures, and with such other properties, and in such proportion to space, as most conduced to the end for which he formed them.” Isaac Newton
3. “Atheists who keep asking for evidence of God’s existence are like a fish in the ocean wanting evidence of water.” Ray Comfort
4. “He who denies the existence of God, has some reason for wishing that God did not exist.” Saint Augustine
5. “Now it would be as absurd to deny the existence of God, because we cannot see him, as it would be to deny the existence of the air or wind, because we cannot see it.” Adam Clarke
6. “A god who let us prove his existence would be an idol.” Dietrich Bonhoeffer
7. “God writes the Gospel not in the Bible alone, but also on trees, and in the flowers and clouds and stars.” – Martin Luther
8. “Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God’s handwriting.”
9. “It is not the objective proof of God’s existence that we want but the experience of God’s presence. That is the miracle we are really after, and that is also, I think, the miracle that we really get.” Frederick Buechner
10. “Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning.” C. S. Lewis
Quotes about God’s love
Love is powerful and fascinating. Having the ability to love and just the idea of knowing that I am loved by others is amazing. However, where does love come from? How are we able to experience love from our parents? How are we able to grow more in love with our spouses daily?
We see love everywhere in all types of relationships. Have you ever asked yourself, why does love happen? The origin of love is God. The words of 1 John 4:19 are so profound. “We love because He first loved us.” God is the only reason that love is even possible. Our greatest attempts at loving our loved ones is feeble compared to the love that God has for us. His love is relentless and unceasing and it was proven on the cross.
He made a way for sinners to be reconciled to Him through the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ. He pursued us while we were still sinners. He poured out grace, love, and mercy and His Spirit has made us new. His very presence is living inside of us. Even the most mature believer will never be able to comprehend the depth of God’s love for him. Reflect on these truths now and especially when you are in a trial. When I’m going through hard times, I remind myself of the love of God and remind myself that God is with me and He will never fail me.
11. “God’s love for us is proclaimed by each sunrise.”
12. “God’s love is like an ocean. You can see its beginning, but not its end.”
13. “You can look anywhere and everywhere, but you will never find love that is purer and encompassing of everything that God’s love.”
14. “God loves you more in a moment than anyone could love you in a lifetime.”
15. “Though we are incomplete, God loves us completely. Though we are imperfect, He loves us perfectly. Though we may feel lost and without compass, God’s love encompasses us completely. … He loves every one of us, even those who are flawed, rejected, awkward, sorrowful, or broken.” ― Dieter F. Uchtdorf
16. “Though our feelings come and go, God’s love for us does not.” C.S. Lewis
17. “God loves each of us as if there were only one of us” – Augustine
18. “God proved His love on the Cross. When Christ hung, and bled, and died, it was God saying to the world, “I love you.” – Billy Graham
19. “There’s no place too dark for God’s light to penetrate and no heart too difficult to be set aflame by His love.” Sammy Tippit
20. “The secret of Christian quietness is not indifference, but the knowledge that God is my Father, He loves me, I shall never think of anything He will forget, and worry becomes an impossibility.”
21. “The beautiful thing about God is that even though we cannot fully comprehend His love, His love fully comprehends us.”
22. “Legalism says God will love us if we change. The gospel says God will change us because He loves us.”
23. “The shape of true love isn’t a diamond. It’s a cross.”
24. “You can look anywhere and everywhere, but you will never find love that is purer and encompassing of everything that God’s love.”
25. “If you have never known the power of God’s love, then maybe it is because you have never asked to know it – I mean really asked, expecting an answer.”
Quotes about God’s grace
Grace is the unmerited favor of God and it’s an essential part of His character. We deserve nothing less than God’s wrath. In the story of Jesus and Barabbas, we are Barabbas. We are the clear criminals, guilty of punishment. However, instead of us being punished, Jesus the innocent and righteous God-Man took our place and we were set free. That is undeserved favor!
Grace is God’s Riches At Christ’s Expense. Romans 3:24 teaches us that believers are justified by grace. We didn’t make a way for ourselves nor would it be possible for sinners to get right with God on our own. We can’t merit for ourselves salvation. By God’s grace we can trust in the merit and righteousness of Jesus Christ. Grace brings us to God, Grace saves us, Grace changes us, and grace works in us to conform us into the image of God.
26. “God’s grace is the oil that fills the lamp of love.”
27. “I am not what I ought to be, I am not what I want to be, I am not what I hope to be in another world; but still I am not what I once used to be, and by the grace of God I am what I am” – John Newton
28. “There is nothing but God’s grace. We walk upon it; we breathe it; we live and die by it; it makes the nails and axles of the universe.”
29. “Once more, Never think that you can live to God by your own power or strength; but always look to and rely on him for assistance, yea, for all strength and grace.” – David Brainerd
30. “God’s grace, quite simply, is God’s mercy and goodness toward us.” – Billy Graham
31. “God’s grace is not infinite. God is infinite, and God is gracious.” R. C. Sproul
32. “To have found God and still to pursue Him is the soul’s paradox of love.” – A.W. Tozer
33. “There are three of you. There is the person you think you are. There is the person others think you are. There is the person God knows you are and can be through Christ.” Billy Graham
God’s goodness quotes
I love what William Tyndale said about God’s goodness. “God’s goodness is the root of all goodness.” God is the source of everything that is good and apart from Him there is no goodness. We’ve all experienced the goodness of God, but we haven’t even come close to truly understanding His goodness. I encourage to meditate on these short, but beautiful words.
34. “God is waiting to satisfy us, yet His goodness will not satisfy us if we are already full of other things.” — John Bevere
35. “There is but one good; that is God. Everything else is good when it looks to Him and bad when it turns from Him.” – C. S. Lewis
36. “God’s grace and forgiveness, while free to the recipient, are always costly for the giver. From the earliest parts of the Bible, it was understood that God could not forgive without sacrifice. No one who is seriously wronged can “just forgive” the perpetrator.” Timothy Keller
37. “True faith rests upon the character of God and asks no further proof than the moral perfections of the One who cannot lie.” – A.W. Tozer
38. “The foundation of moral life as God’s truthfulness.” – John Piper
39. “Faith is deliberate confidence in the character of God whose ways you cannot understand at the time.” Oswald Chambers
40. “Reading God’s Word and meditating on its truth will have a purifying effect upon your mind and heart, and will be demonstrated in your life. Let nothing take the place of this daily privilege.” – Billy Graham
41. “This is true faith, a living confidence in the goodness of God.” – Martin Luther
Praying to God
What is your prayer life? Have you come to know the Lord in prayer? Do you desire to spend time with Him? I encourage you to reflect on this question and be honest. If the answer is no, it’s not to shame you. Humbly bring this to the Lord. We’ve forgotten that God is with us and He wants us to come to Him. Be open and talk to Him about your spiritual struggles.
This is relying upon God and trusting in His strength to reignite your prayer life. I encourage you to rest in His love and confess your sins daily. Set a familiar time every day and seek the face of God. I encourage you to start making war in your prayer life.
42. “Pray, and let God worry.” – Martin Luther
43. “God is everywhere so pray everywhere.”
44. “The function of prayer is not to influence God, but rather to change the nature of the one who prays.” – Soren Kierkegaard
45. “Prayer is a declaration of dependence upon God.” Philip Yancey
46. “When we pray, God listens. When you listen, God talks. When you believe, God works.”
47. “Prayer does not change God, but it changes him who prays.” Soren Kierkegaard
48. “Prayer is the link that connects us with God.” A.B. Simpson
49. “Prayer is putting oneself in the hands of God.”
50. “Our prayers may be awkward. Our attempts may be feeble. But since the power of prayer is in the one who hears it and not in the one who says it, our prayers do make a difference.” -Max Lucado
51. “To be a Christian without prayer is no more possible than to be alive without breathing.” – Martin Luther
52. “Prayer opens the heart to God, and it is the means by which the soul, though empty, is filled with God.” – John Bunyan
53. “Prayer delights God’s ear; it melts His heart.” – Thomas Watson
54. “God understands our prayers, even when we can’t find the words to say them.”
55. “If you are a stranger to prayer, you are a stranger to the greatest source of power known to human beings.” – Billy Sunday
56. “The measure of our love for others can largely be determined by the frequency and earnestness of our prayers for them.” – A. W. Pink
57. “If you have so much business to attend to that you have no time to pray, depend upon it, you have more business on hand than God ever intended you should have.” – D. L. Moody
Inspirational quotes about God
Let us continually cry out for the presence of the living God. There is much of Himself that God wants us to experience. Andrew Murray said, “it is in a life lived according to the flesh and not according to the Spirit that we find the origin of the prayerlessness of which we complain.”
We have to continually confess sin and live according to the Spirit so we will not quench the Spirit. Let us remove the things that are hindering us from truly knowing and experiencing Him. There are many things in this life that make us happy for a moment, but leave us empty desiring more. Resting in God’s presence and having a greater sense of Him is the only thing that gives true joy.
58. “If you have God’s presence, you have favor. One minute of God’s presence can accomplish more than 20 years of your striving.”
59. “God’s present is his presence. His greatest gift is himself.” Max Lucado
60. “Nothing in or of this world measures up to the simple pleasure of experiencing the presence of God.” Aiden Wilson Tozer
61. “We cannot attain the presence of God. We’re already totally in the presence of God. What’s missing is awareness.” David Brenner
62. “There is no place on God’s earth more exciting than the church of the Living God when God is brooding there. And there is no place on God’s earth more boring when He isn’t.”
63. “True and absolute freedom is only found in the presence of God.” Aiden Wilson Tozer
64. “Having the reality of God’s presence is not dependent on our being in a particular circumstance or place, but is only dependent on our determination to keep the Lord before us continually.” Oswald Chambers
65. “Christ is the door that opens into God’s presence and lets the soul into His very bosom, faith is the key that unlocks the door; but the Spirit is He that makes this key.” William Gurnall
66. “Some people complain they don’t feel God’s presence in their lives. The truth is, God manifests Himself to us everyday; we just fail to recognize Him.”
67. “Trying to be happy without a sense of God’s presence is like trying to have a bright day without the sun.” Aiden Wilson Tozer
68. “You were made by God and for God, and until you understand that, life will never make sense.” — Rick Warren
69. “Don’t tell God how big your storm is, tell the storm how big your God is!”
70. “No God no peace know God know peace.”
71. “When God is all you have, then you have what you only need.”
Trusting in God quotes
I must confess that I struggle to depend on the Lord. I can be so dependent on myself at times. God is so trustworthy and He has proven that time and time again. Let’s continually grow in our dependence on God. Use every situation as an opportunity to pray and rely upon the Lord, especially in the hard times. Trust in Him knowing that in all situations He is good, He is sovereign, and He loves you. Let’s learn to be still before Him in worship and grow in our appreciation of Him. Place these uplifting words in your heart.
72. “God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him.” John Piper
73. “God is like oxygen. You can’t see Him, but you can’t live without Him.”
74. “The more we depend on God the more dependable we find He is.” — Cliff Richard
75. “Relying on God has to start all over everyday, as if nothing has yet been done.” –C. S. Lewis
76. “Humility, the place of entire dependence on God, is the first duty and the highest virtue of the creature, and the root of every virtue. And so pride, or the loss of this humility, is the root of every sin and evil.” Andrew Murray
77. “There’s a difference between knowing God and knowing about God. When you truly know God, you have energy to serve Him, boldness to share Him, and contentment in Him.” J.I. Packer
78. “We meet God through entering into a relationship both of dependance on Jesus as our Saviour and Friend and of discipleship to Him as our Lord and Master.” – J.I. Packer
79. “Complete weakness and dependence will always be the occasion for the Spirit of God to manifest His power.” Oswald Chambers
80. “Life as a Christ follower will always be a learning process of depending less on our own strength and more on God’s power.”
81. “Sometimes all you can do is Leave it in God’s Hands and wait. He won’t fail you.”
82. “God is always doing 10,000 things in your life and you may be aware of three of them.” John Piper
83. “Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God’s side, for God is always right.” Abraham Lincoln
84. “If you’re praying about it. God is working on it.”
85. “Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” – Corrie Ten Boom
86. Matthew 19:26 “Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
87. “Christ literally walked in our shoes.” – Tim Keller
88. “To trust God in the light is nothing, but trust him in the dark that is faith.” – C.H. Spurgeon.
90. “For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.” – Isaiah 41:13
91. “Even when we cannot see the why and wherefore of God’s dealings, we know that there is love in and behind them, and so we can rejoice always.” J. I. Packer
92. “Faith in God includes Faith in God’s timing.” – Neal A. Maxwell
93. “God’s timing is always perfect. Trust His delays. He’s got you.”
94. “Trusting God completely means having faith that He knows what is best for your life. You expect Him to keep His promises, help you with problems, and do the impossible when necessary.”
95. “God is not asking you to figure it out. God is asking you to trust that He already has.”
96. “God has a plan. Trust it, live it, enjoy it.”
“God is like the sun; you cannot look at it, but without it you cannot look at anything else.” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
Q1 – What is something about God that you can praise Him for? I encourage you to take a moment to praise Him for it.
Q2 – What is God revealing to you about Himself?
Q3 – What is something that you desire to learn about God?
Q4 – Have you been praying about what you desire to learn about God?
Q5 – What is your current relationship with the Lord like?
Q6 – Are you growing in your intimacy with the Lord?
Q7 – What is something that you can remove to help you to grow in your intimacy with God and spend more time with Him?