Bible verses about challenges
When doing God’s will and purpose for your life you will go through trials, but we must not choose our will over His. We must always trust that God has a plan and He has a reason for allowing something to happen. Continue to commit to Him doing His will, trust in Him.
Tough times and obstacles in life build Christian character and faith. Meditate on Scripture and you will know everything is going to be OK.
Pour your heart out to Him because He hears you cries and He will help you.
Walk in obedience to His Word, continue to give Him thanks, and remember God is near and He is forever faithful.
Even when bad situations feel like they will never end, let Jesus Christ be your motivation to fight.
- A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.
- “Happiness is not the absence of problems; it’s the ability to deal with them.” Steve Maraboli
- I had to face a lot coming through this journey, a lot of sacrifices, difficulties, challenges, and injuries. Gabby Douglas
- “Every challenge you encounter in life is a fork in the road. You have the choice to choose which way to go – backward, forward, breakdown or breakthrough.” Ifeanyi Enoch Onuoha
You will go through trials in life.
1. 1 Peter 4:12-13 Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ’s sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed.
2. 1 Peter 1:6-7 In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.
3. 2 Corinthians 4:8-11 We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed. Through suffering, our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies. Yes, we live under constant danger of death because we serve Jesus, so that the life of Jesus will be evident in our dying bodies.
4. James 1:12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
God will not forsake you
5. 1 Samuel 12:22 For the LORD will not forsake his people, for his great name’s sake, because it has pleased the LORD to make you a people for himself.
6. Hebrews 13:5-6 Don’t love money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, “I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.” So we can say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?”
7. Exodus 4:12 Now therefore go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall speak.”
8. Isaiah 41:13 For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.
9. Matthew 28:20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
Call up on the Lord
10. Psalm 50:15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.
11. Psalm 86:7 When I am in distress, I call to you, because you answer me.
12. Philippians 4:6-8 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
13. 2 Timothy 4:5 But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.
14. Psalm 31:24 Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!
15. Philippians 4:19-20 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Now unto God and our Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
16. Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
17. Isaiah 40:29 He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength.
18. Exodus 14:14 The LORD will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.”
19. Romans 12:12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;
20. Psalm 25:3 No one who hopes in you will ever be put to shame, but shame will come on those who are treacherous without cause.
21. 2 Corinthians 11:24-30 Five times I received at the hands of the Jews the forty lashes less one. Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. Three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I was adrift at sea; on frequent journeys, in danger from rivers, danger from robbers, danger from my own people, danger from Gentiles, danger in the city, danger in the wilderness, danger at sea, danger from false brothers; in toil and hardship, through many a sleepless night, in hunger and thirst, often without food, in cold and exposure. And, apart from other things, there is the daily pressure on me of my anxiety for all the churches. Who is weak, and I am not weak? Who is made to fall, and I am not indignant? If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness.
Romans 8:28-29 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.