Bible verses about journey
Have you recently trusted in Christ alone for salvation? Now it’s time to start your journey. Your Christian journey will not be easy, but God will give you strength to press on daily and overcome any situation. God promises to work in your life until the end to make you more like Christ. The Christian life is like a huge adventure with Christ.
You might have to take a few pit stops, you might get a flat tire here and there, you might go through a few thunderstorms, but though all your experiences, fruit is being built. You are becoming stronger, and your faith and reliance in Christ is growing.
God will take out bad habits and sin from our life. God has given us various things to help us on our journey such as prayer. We must spend time with the Lord daily. We are to have an intimate relationship with God. We are given the Bible to help us walk uprightly.
Scripture will help us connect and focus on the Lord. It will protect us from many different situations in life and give us daily wisdom. God has given believers the Holy Spirit to help us on our walk of faith. He will guide us in the right direction.
He will show us what to do. He will convict us when we’re going the wrong way. He will show us things in our lives that are holding us back and more.
We can also pray to the Spirit for help, peace, and comfort in times of trouble. We might be in the world, but we are not to follow the worlds desires. Allow your journey to glorify God.
- My life is my journey with God. It may be hard sometimes but I am assured it would be all worth it.
- Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.
- The only impossible journey is the one you never begin.
Trust in the Lord on your long journey.
1. Proverbs 3:5–6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding. Acknowledge him in all your ways, and he will make your paths straight.
2. Jeremiah 17:7 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is.
God will work in your life to conform you into the image of Christ. The little things that you might go through are to help change you.
3. Romans 8:29 For those He foreknew He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brothers.
4. Philippians 1:6 I am sure of this, that He who started a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
5. 2 Peter 3:18 Rather, you must grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. All glory to him, both now and forever! Amen.
6. Colossians 2:6-7 And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him. Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.
You will have to go through many trials and different obstacles.
7. James 1:2-4 Consider it a great joy, my brothers, whenever you experience various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. But endurance must do its complete work, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking nothing.
8. Romans 5:3-5 Not only that, but we also boast in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, endurance produces character, and character produces hope. Now this hope does not disappoint us, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.
9. John 16:33 I have told you these things so that in Me you may have peace. You will have suffering in this world. Be courageous! I have conquered the world.”
10. Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
11. Philippians 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
Keep your eyes on your captain or you will get lost and distracted.
12. Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
You will not get through your walk of faith without prayer.
13. Luke 18:1 Jesus told his disciples a parable about their need to pray all the time and never give up.
14. Ephesians 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
God gave you a helper. Allow the Holy Spirit to work in your life and guide your life.
15. John 14:16 I will ask the Father to give you another Helper, to be with you always.
16. Romans 8:26 At the same time the Spirit also helps us in our weakness, because we don’t know how to pray for what we need. But the Spirit intercedes along with our groans that cannot be expressed in words.
Meditate on the Word: Allow God to guide you through His Word.
17. Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.
18. Proverbs 6:23 For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:
Imitate Christ and do the will of God.
19. Proverbs 16:3 Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and he will establish your plan.
20. John 4:34 Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to accomplish his work.
On our journey we must continually avoid Satan, confess our sins, and forsake them.
21. Ephesians 6:11 Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil.
22. 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
23. 1 Timothy 6:12 Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called and about which you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
24. Jonah 3:2-4 “Go to the great city of Nineveh and proclaim to it the message I give you.” Jonah obeyed the word of the LORD and went to Nineveh. Now Nineveh was a very large city; it took three days to go through it. Jonah began by going a day’s journey into the city, proclaiming, “Forty more days and Nineveh will be overthrown.”
25. Judges 18:5-6 Then they said, “Ask God whether or not our journey will be successful.” “Go in peace,” the priest replied. “For the LORD is watching over your journey.”
Isaiah 41:10 Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will hold on to you with My righteous right hand.