Bible verses about resilience
Jesus Christ told us that we would have tough times, but He also reminded us that He would always be with us. If He’s always with us, then He will help us. Be strong in Him and seek peace by keeping your mind on Him. We must stop dwelling on the bad. Resilient Christians look past their troubles and put their mind on Christ.
When our mind is set on Christ we will have joy in times of trouble. In Christ we find peace and comfort. We know that our hardships in life are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.
Believers who are resilient never stop trusting in God even when things don’t go their way.
Through the severe storms they continue to serve the Lord and honor His name before others. People look on and wonder how can He still serve God joyfully after all the trials. It is because love never gives up. God never gives up on us and we are to never give up on God.
As we see in Scripture God loves His children dearly, but that does not mean His children won’t go through trials. He will never forsake you. He hears the cries of the birds and provides for them. Aren’t you more valuable than the birds? Rest assure that God will always provide for you. He knows what you need. Cry out to Him.
Use these hard times to grow in Christ and use them for a testimony. Christians will fight through persecution, abuse, pain, and hardships because of our Savior King Jesus who is our motivation.
- “Tough times never last, but tough people do.”
- “Scars remind us where we’ve been. They don’t have to dictate where we’re going.”
- “You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice.”
- “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.”
Resilient Christians give God the glory after disappointments, in the storm, and after the storm.
1. Job 1:21-22 and exclaimed: “I left my mother’s womb naked, and I will return to God naked. The LORD has given, and the LORD has taken. May the name of the LORD be blessed.” Job neither sinned nor charged God with wrongdoing in all of this.
2. Genesis 41:14-16 Then Pharaoh sent for Joseph, and they quickly brought him from the dungeon. He shaved, changed his clothes, and went to Pharaoh. Pharaoh said to Joseph, “I have had a dream, and no one can interpret it. But I have heard it said about you that you can hear a dream and interpret it.” “I am not able to,” Joseph answered Pharaoh. “It is God who will give Pharaoh a favorable answer.”
3. Habakkuk 3:17-18 Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vines; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, yet I will rejoice in the Lord! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!
To be resilient you have to be strong in the Lord.
4. Psalm 31:23-24 Love the LORD, all you faithful followers of his! The LORD protects those who have integrity, but he pays back in full the one who acts arrogantly. Be strong and confident, all you who wait on the LORD!
5. Philippians 4:13 I am able to do all things through Him who strengthens me.
6. Ephesians 6:10-14 Finally, be strong in the Lord, relying on his mighty strength. Put on the whole armor of God so that you may be able to stand firm against the Devil’s strategies. For our struggle is not against human opponents, but against rulers, authorities, cosmic powers in the darkness around us, and evil spiritual forces in the heavenly realm. For this reason, take up the whole armor of God so that you may be able to take a stand whenever evil comes. And when you have done everything you could, you will be able to stand firm. Stand firm, therefore, having fastened the belt of truth around your waist, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness.
Give thanks in all situations.
7. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Whatever happens, give thanks, because it is God’s will in Christ Jesus that you do this.
8. Ephesians 5:19-20 by reciting psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs for your own good. Sing and make music to the Lord with your hearts. Always thank God the Father for everything in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
We’re resilient because we know God is on our side and trials that happen in our life are for our good and His glory.
9. Joshua 1:9 I repeat, be strong and brave! Don’t be afraid and don’t panic, for I, the LORD your God, am with you in all you do.
10. Romans 8:28-30 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
11. James 1:2-4 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, when you are involved in various trials, because you know that the testing of your faith produces endurance. But you must let endurance have its full effect, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking nothing.
12. Psalm 37:28 For the LORD loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.
13. Psalm 145:14 The Lord upholdeth all that fall, and raiseth up all those that be bowed down.
When you have resilience you bounce back after trials and keep moving on.
14. 2 Corinthians 4:8-9 We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed.
15. Job 17:9 The righteous keep moving forward, and those with clean hands become stronger and stronger.
We must be content and humble before the Lord.
16. Philippians 4:12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.
17. James 4:10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.
Resilient Christians keep their focus on Christ.
18. Hebrews 12:2-3 We must focus on Jesus, the source and goal of our faith. He saw the joy ahead of him, so he endured death on the cross and ignored the disgrace it brought him. Then he received the highest position in heaven, the one next to the throne of God. Think about Jesus, who endured opposition from sinners, so that you don’t become tired and give up.
Trust in the Lord in all circumstances.
19. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.
20. Psalm 62:8 Trust in him at all times, you people! Pour out your hearts before him! God is our shelter!
Pray not only for help in trials, but pray also for more resilience.
21. Exodus 14:14 The LORD will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.
22. Philippians 4:19 My God will richly fill your every need in a glorious way through Christ Jesus.
23. Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything. Instead, in every situation, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, tell your requests to God. And the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
24. Psalm 50:15 Pray to me when you are in trouble! I will deliver you, and you will honor me!
25. Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you–this is the LORD’s declaration–plans for your welfare, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.