Bible verses about moving on
Whether it’s moving on from a past relationship, past disappointments, or past sin, remember God has a plan for you. His plan for you is not in the past it’s in the future. Christians are a new creation through Christ. Your old life is gone. Now it’s time to move forward. Imagine if Peter, Paul, David, and more never moved on from their past. They would not have went on to do great things for the Lord.
Set aside that extra baggage, it will only slow you down on your walk of faith. How much more will the blood of Christ cleanse you of all unrighteousness?
If you’re taking a test you’re not going to keep on looking behind you. If you are running a race you are not going to keep on looking behind you. Your eyes will be fixed on what is in front of you. Keeping your eyes on Christ will help you persevere.
Allow the love of God to compel you to keep going forward. Trust in the Lord. Cry out to God for help for whatever is bothering you. Say Lord help me move on. Allow Jesus Christ to be your motivation. What’s in the past is in the past. Don’t look back. Move forward.
- Don’t let yesterday use up too much of today.
- Sometimes God closes doors because it’s time to MOVE forward. He knows you won’t move unless your circumstances force you.
- You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.
What does the Bible say?
1. Job 17:9 The righteous keep moving forward, and those with clean hands become stronger and stronger.
2. Philippians 3:14 I run straight toward the goal to win the prize that God’s heavenly call offers in Christ Jesus.
3. Proverbs 4:18 The way of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, which shines ever brighter until the full light of day.
Forgetting the past.
4. Isaiah 43:18 Forget what happened in the past, and do not dwell on events from long ago.
5. Philippians 3:13 Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead.
Old things are gone.
6. Romans 8:1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,
7. 1 John 1:8-9 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
8. 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
God can turn any bad situation into a good one
9. Romans 8:28 We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
Trust in God
10. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
11. Psalm 33:18 But the LORD watches over those who fear him, those who rely on his unfailing love.
Seek wisdom and guidance from God
12. Psalm 32:8 I will instruct you and show you the way to go; with My eye on you, I will give counsel.
13. Proverbs 24:14 In the same way, wisdom is sweet to your soul. If you find it, you will have a bright future, and your hopes will not be cut short.
14. Isaiah 58:11 The LORD will guide you continually, giving you water when you are dry and restoring your strength. You will be like a well-watered garden, like an ever-flowing spring.
The Word gives us light to move forward on the right path.
15. Psalm 1:2-3 Instead he finds pleasure in obeying the Lord’s commands; he meditates on his commands day and night. He is like a tree planted by flowing streams; it yields its fruit at the proper time, and its leaves never fall off. He succeeds in everything he attempts.
16. Psalm 119:104-105 I obtain understanding from your precepts; therefore I hate every false way. Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light for my pathway.
17. Proverbs 6:23 For this command is a lamp, this teaching is a light, and correction and instruction are the way to life,
18. Matthew 6:27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
19. Exodus 14:14-15 The Lord will fight for you, and you can be still.” The Lord said to Moses, “Why do you cry out to me? Tell the Israelites to move on.
20. Psalm 23:4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
21. 1 John 5:14 And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us.
22. Proverbs 17:22 A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
23. 1 Corinthians 16:13 Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong.
24. Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is worthy of respect, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if something is excellent or praiseworthy, think about these things.
25. Deuteronomy 2:13 Moses continued, “Then the LORD said to us, ‘Get moving. Cross the Zered Brook.’ So we crossed the brook.
2 Timothy 4:6-9 My life is coming to an end, and it is now time for me to be poured out as a sacrifice to God. I have fought the good fight. I have completed the race. I have kept the faith. The prize that shows I have God’s approval is now waiting for me. The Lord, who is a fair judge, will give me that prize on that day. He will give it not only to me but also to everyone who is eagerly waiting for him to come again.
I’m encouraged, motivated even to share the word on moving forward.
I am so deeply moved by these Scriptures. Thank you so much!
A very beautiful topic. This will be an eye opener to all christians that we will do our task and share to become a vessel of salvation to others.