Taking a long walk is one of the most beautiful activities that God has blessed us with. It’s great for clearing the mind, talking to God, meeting new people, walking the dog, and more. This post is all about the importance of going on walks and walking. Let’s dive into some amazing and inspirational quotes.
Quotes about walks in the woods and in nature
I love getting time alone to walk and talk to God. In fact, every year I take a trip to North Carolina to hike the Blue Ridge Parkway. It’s always an amazing time to be silent before the Lord and allow Him to speak to me in prayer and even through nature. I encourage you to get alone with the Lord. Go to the woods and walk and pray with Him. Allow Him to shower you with His peace. Take your Bible and sit for a moment and allow Him to speak to you through His Word. It’s such a blessing to be able to take walks in nature. Let’s take advantage of it more.
1. “Take short walks in the park down a happy trail.”
2. “Anywhere is ‘within walking distance.”
3. “I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees.”
4. “A walk in nature, walks the soul back home.” – Mary Davis
5. “Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in books, for they speak with the voice of God.” George Washington Carver
6. “When you see someone putting on his Big Boots, you can be pretty sure that an Adventure is going to happen.” – A.A. Milne
7. “I slow down when hiking. The rhythm of nature is more leisurely. The sun comes up, it moves across the sky, and you begin to synchronize to that rhythm.” John Mackey
8. “Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you are climbing it.”
9. “Walking gets the feet moving, the blood moving, the mind moving.”
10. “Hiking alone lets me have some time to myself.” – Jamie Luner
11. “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
12. “In all things of nature there is something of the marvellous.”
13. “To walk in nature is to witness a thousand miracles.” Mary Davis
14. “Climb the mountain so you can see the world, not so the world can see you. ” – William Blake
15. “Oh, how can I put into words the joys of a walk over country such as this.”
Walking in the neighborhood quotes
If you don’t live near woods, that’s OK. Take a nice walk in your neighborhood. Get some fresh air. Walking in your neighborhood is a great time to think, reflect, talk to God, get exercise, etc.
16. An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day. “Henry David Thoreau”
17. “My favorite form of transportation is walking. I live in a neighborhood where you can walk to restaurants, banks, and shops.” — Ed Begley, Jr.
18. “One day we took each other by the hand and went for a walk in the evening. And we walked like that for our whole life.”
19. “Before supper take a little walk, after supper do the same.”
20. “I like to walk in the morning.” – Francis Ford Coppola
21. “A morning walk gives the body a chance to forgive the trails and tribulations of yesterday, to shed its rubbish and mental clutter.” – Terri Guillemets
22. “Walking is good for solving problems—it’s like the feet are little psychiatrists.” Pepper Giardino
23. “Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time.” Steven Wright
24. “If you are in a bad mood, go for a walk. If you are still in a bad mood, go for another walk.”
25. “The best remedy for a short temper is a long walk.” Jacqueline Schiff
26. “When I am in turmoil, when I can’t think, when I am exhausted and afraid and feeling very, very alone, I go for walks. It’s just one of those things I do. I walk and sooner or later, something comes to me, something to make me feel less like jumping off a building.” —Jim Butcher
27. “Walking is the most ancient exercise and still the best modern exercise.” – Carrie Latet
28. “Walking is the best possible exercise. Habituate yourself to walk very far.” Thomas Jefferson
29. “Me thinks that the moment my legs begin to move, my thoughts begin to flow.” Henry David Thoreau
30. “One hour of walk is 4% of your day. No excuses.”
31. “A little fresh air would be good for you just now. The weather is lovely; and a little stroll in the park will bring the color back to your cheeks.”
Quotes about walking alone
We were made for community. I never want to underestimate the importance of having fellowship with other believers. In fact, isolating yourself from others can be extremely dangerous. However, with that said, there are times when walking alone is more beneficial than being with the crowd. For example, sometimes you have to remove yourself from those that are causing you harm and influencing you to sin. God will be with you and He will provide Christian community for you. Choose Christ over sin.
32. “Some walks you have to take alone.” Suzanne Collins
33. “It is better to walk alone than to walk with others to sin.”
34. “The hardest walk is walking alone, but it’s also the walk that makes you the strongest.”
35. “It is better to be alone than in bad company.”
36. “It’s better to walk alone than with a crowd going in the wrong direction.”
37. “Nothing perhaps affects man’s character more than the company he keeps.” — J. C. Ryle
38. “Don’t be scared to walk alone. Don’t be scared to like it.” John Mayer
39. “If you cannot find a good companion to walk with, walk alone, like an elephant roaming the jungle. It is better to be alone than to be with those who will hinder your progress.”
40. “Why follow the crowd down the wrong path when God has something better for you?”
Quotes about walking away
Sometimes you have to walk away from those that are steering you in the wrong direction. It’s not always easy, but it will save you a lot of headaches in the long run.
41. “I truly loved you, but now I’m walking away.” – Jonny Lang
42. “Knowing when to walk away is wisdom.”
43. “God will always bring the right people into your life, but you have to let the wrong people walk away.
44. “Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.”
45. “Walking away takes more strength than retaliation.”
46. “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.”―Herman Hesse
Quotes about walking with others
Find Godly Christians and positive friends to walk with. Good friends are a blessing because they lead you in the right direction and point you to Christ.
47. “Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.”
48. “If you want to walk fast, walk alone, but if you want to walk far, walk together.”
49. “Best friends walk always together through a single path with hand in hand forever.”
50. “Satan always hates Christian fellowship; it is his policy to keep Christians apart. Anything which can divide saints from one another he delights in. He attaches far more importance to godly intercourse than we do. Since union is strength, he does his best to promote separation.”Charles Spurgeon
51. “Walking together through all kinds of weather, friends we are that have stayed together. In fair times and foul, you’ve been steady. This is a rare and wonderful thing. I know I can always count on you. That means the world to me.”
52. “It’s not where you are in life, it’s who you have by your side that matters.”
53. “Aloneness can lead to loneliness. God’s preventative for loneliness is intimacy – meaningful, open, sharing relationships with one another. In Christ we have the capacity for the fulfilling sense of belonging which comes from intimate fellowship with God and with other believers.”
54. “Christian community is the place where we keep the flame of hope alive among us and take it seriously so that it can grow and become stronger in us.” Henri Nouwen
Walking the walk quotes
It’s so easy to talk the talk, but are you walking the walk? What does your life? For those of you who have professed faith in Jesus Christ for salvation, what does your lifestyle reveal? Does it reveal evidence of someone trusting in Jesus alone for salvation? Or, does it reveal evidence of an unregenerate heart?
55. “Our walk counts far more than our talk.” – George Mueller
56. “Keep walking the walk, one step at a time.”
57. “Show me, don’t tell me.”
58. “In the end, it’s not the talk but the walk that matters.”
59. “When you walk your talk, people listen.”
60. “Actions prove who someone is, words just prove who they want to be.”
61. James 1:22-25 New King James Version 22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; 24 for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. 25 But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.
62. Matthew 7:24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.”
63. “Words are from the lips, actions are from the heart.”
Walking with God quotes
The first step to walking with God is acknowledging your need for a Savior. We can do nothing apart from Christ. Humanity is sinful and our sin separates us from a holy God. Jesus, who is God in flesh, lived the perfect life that we couldn’t and died the death that we deserve. However, it doesn’t end there. He was raised from the grave defeating sin and death.
The perfect work of Christ allows us to have a relationship with God. It allows us to know Him and enjoy Him. I encourage you to repent. Turn away from sin and things that leave you broken in the end and trust in Jesus for the forgiveness of sins. Why not receive God’s love for you? Believe that Christ has taken away all your sins. Trust in His perfect work on your behalf and start living for Christ and walking with Him daily. Click here – Learn more on becoming a Christian today!
64. “Walking with God doesn’t lead to God’s favor; God’s favor leads to walking with God.” — Tullian Tchividjian
65. Hebrews 10:22 “let us continue to come near with sincere hearts in the full assurance that faith provides, because our hearts have been sprinkled clean from a guilty conscience, and our bodies have been washed with pure water.”
66. “Those who walk with God always reach their destination.” Henry Ford
67. “If I walk with the world, I can’t walk with God.” Dwight L. Moody
68. “When you hit rock bottom, that is when you realize how much God loves you. Because when everyone walks away, He carries you.”
69. “Believers keep up and maintain their walk with God by secret prayer. The spirit of grace is always accompanied with the spirit of supplication. It is the very breath of the new creature, the fan of the divine life, whereby the spark of holy fire, kindled in the soul by God, is not only kept in, but raised into a flame.” George Whitefield
70. Deuteronomy 8:6 “Observe the commands of the LORD your God by walking in his ways and by fearing him.”
71. “A man who walks with God, can walk anywhere. Hence, I fear nothing.”
72. “Smart men walked on the moon, daring men walked on the ocean floor, but wise men walk with God.” Leonard Ravenhill
73. “There is nothing God doesn’t know about your life. You may know the past and present, but God also knows the future. Choose today to walk securely – not in what you know, but in what you believe.” ~David Jeremiah
74. “God’s mighty power comes when God’s people learn to walk with God.” Jack Hyles
75. “We want more men and women who walk with God and before God, like Enoch and Abraham.” J. C. Ryle
76. Micah 6:8 “He has made it clear to you, mortal man, what is good and what the LORD is requiring from you— to act with justice, to treasure the LORD’s gracious love, and to walk humbly in the company of your God.”