What does the Bible say about cheating?
Whether it’s cheating in marriage with your wife or husband or being unfaithful with your girlfriend or boyfriend, cheating is always a sin. Scripture has a lot to say about cheating and its sinful nature. Many people say well God doesn’t care since we are not married, which is false.
Even if it’s not cheating on your spouse cheating has to do with deception and God hates deception. You are basically living a lie creating one lie after the other.
We always hear about celebrities and people of the world who cheat on their partner.
Christians are not to seek worldly things. God is serious about adultery. If someone cheats when they’re not married what’s to stop them from cheating when they are. How is it showing love to others? How is it being like Christ? Stay away from the schemes of Satan. If we died in sin through Christ how can we still live in it? Christ has changed your life don’t go back to your old way of living.
Christian quotes about cheating
Cheating isn’t always kissing, touching, or flirting. If you gotta delete text messages so your partner won’t seem them, you’re already there.
Cheating is a choice not a mistake.
When adultery walks in, everything worth having walks out.
Cheating and dishonesty can never be separated.
1. Proverbs 12:22 Lying lips are an abomination to the LORD, But those who deal faithfully are His delight.
2. Colossians 3:9-10 Do not lie to one another, for you have stripped off the old nature with its practices and have clothed yourselves with the new nature, which is being renewed in full knowledge, consistent with the image of the one who created it.
3. Proverbs 13:5 A righteous person hates deceit, but the wicked person is shameful and disgraceful.
4. Proverbs 12:19 Truthful words stand the test of time, but lies are soon exposed.
5. 1 John 1:6 If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth.
Walking with integrity keeps us safe from cheating
6. Proverbs 10:9 People with integrity walk safely, but those who follow crooked paths will slip and fall.
7. Proverbs 28:18 The one who lives with integrity will be helped, but one who distorts right and wrong will suddenly fall.
Cheating in a relationship
8. Exodus 20:14 Never commit adultery.
9. Hebrews 13:4 Let marriage be kept honorable in every way, and the marriage bed undefiled. For God will judge those who commit sexual sins, especially those who commit adultery.
10. Proverbs 6:32 Whoever commits adultery with a woman is out of his mind; by doing so he corrupts his own soul.
Darkness will be revealed. The cheater is already guilty.
11. Luke 8:17 There is nothing hidden that won’t be revealed, and there is nothing secret that won’t become known and come to light.
12. Mark 4:22 Everything that is hidden will be made clear. Every secret thing will be made known.
13. John 3:20-21 Everyone who practices wickedness hates the light and does not come to the light, so that his actions may not be exposed. But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may become evident that his actions have God’s approval.
Pornography is a form of cheating as well.
14. Matthew 5:28 But I can guarantee that whoever looks with lust at a woman has already committed adultery in his heart.
Stay away from anything that appears evil.
15. 1 Thessalonians 5:22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.
We are not supposed to act like the world. The world is living in darkness. We are to be their light.
16. 1 Peter 2:9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people of his own, so that you may proclaim the virtues of the one who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.
17. 2 Timothy 2:22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
Cheating will hurt your reputation.
18. Ecclesiastes 7:1 A good name exceeds the value of fine perfume, and the day of someone’s death exceeds the value of the day of his birth.
Don’t cheat or give pay back because someone cheated on you.
19. Romans 12:17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone.
20. 1 Thessalonians 5:15 Make sure that no one ever pays back one wrong with another wrong. Instead, always try to do what is good for each other and everyone else.
Cheating and forgiveness
21. Mark 11:25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
22. James 4:17 So whoever knows what is good to do and does not do it is guilty of sin.
23. Galatians 6:7-8 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. Those who live only to satisfy their own sinful nature will harvest decay and death from that sinful nature. But those who live to please the Spirit will harvest everlasting life from the Spirit.
24. Luke 6:31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.
25. Galatians 5:16-17 So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will never fulfill the desires of the flesh. For what the flesh wants is opposed to the Spirit, and what the Spirit wants is opposed to the flesh. They are opposed to each other, and so you do not do what you want to do.
Examples of cheating in the Bible
2 Samuel 11:2-4 Late one afternoon, after his midday rest, David got out of bed and was walking on the roof of the palace. As he looked out over the city, he noticed a woman of unusual beauty taking a bath. He sent someone to find out who she was, and he was told, “She is Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam and the wife of Uriah the Hittite. Then David sent messengers to get her; and when she came to the palace, he slept with her. She had just completed the purification rites after having her menstrual period. Then she returned home.
We must run from temptation. Do not let ungodly thoughts dwell in you.
1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure.