Bible verses about robbery
Christians are a new creation through Christ we must never resort to robbing others or places. If it’s not yours and you take it without asking no matter where you are that is thievery. Types of robbery include armed, larceny, burglary, petit theft, piracy, and fraud. Walk by the Spirit so you don’t commit this sin and possibly end up in jail for breaking the law. Never take matters into your hands, but trust that God will handle your needs.
What does the Bible say?
1. Isaiah 61:8 “For I, the LORD, love justice; I hate robbery and wrongdoing. In my faithfulness I will reward my people and make an everlasting covenant with them.
2. 1 Corinthians 6:10-11 Surely you know that the people who do wrong will not inherit God’s kingdom. Do not be fooled. Those who sin sexually, worship idols, take part in adultery, those who are male prostitutes, or men who have sexual relations with other men, those who steal, are greedy, get drunk, lie about others, or rob—these people will not inherit God’s kingdom. In the past, some of you were like that, but you were washed clean. You were made holy, and you were made right with God in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.
3. Psalm 62:10 Don’t become rich by extortion and robbery; if your riches increase, don’t be proud.
4. Exodus 20:15 “You shall not steal.
5. Psalm 119:61 The bands of the wicked have robbed me: but I have not forgotten thy law.
6.Proverbs 20:17 Food gained by fraud tastes sweet, but one ends up with a mouth full of gravel.
7. 1 Timothy 6:9-10 But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.
Forgive others who have stolen from you.
8. Matthew 6:14-15 For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
9. Luke 6:28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.
10. John 10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.
11. 1 Peter 4:15-16 If you suffer, it should not be as a murderer or thief or any other kind of criminal, or even as a meddler. However, if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name.
12. Proverbs 29:24 A man who assists a thief must really hate himself! For he knows the consequence but does it anyway.
Repent and turn away from stealing
13. Ephesians 4:28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.
14. Ephesians 4:22 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires;
15. Ezekiel 33:15-16 if the wicked restores the pledge, gives back what he has taken by robbery, and walks in the statutes of life, not doing injustice, he shall surely live; he shall not die. None of the sins that he has committed shall be remembered against him. He has done what is just and right; he shall surely live.
16. 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
17. Ezekiel 18:7-8 He does not oppress anyone, but returns what he took in pledge for a loan. He does not commit robbery but gives his food to the hungry and provides clothing for the naked. He does not lend to them at interest or take a profit from them. He withholds his hand from doing wrong and judges fairly between two parties.
18. Ezekiel 22:29-30 The people of the land practice extortion and commit robbery; they oppress the poor and needy and mistreat the foreigner, denying them justice. “I looked for someone among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found no one.
19. Amos 8:4-5 Listen to this, you who rob the poor and trample down the needy! You can’t wait for the Sabbath day to be over and the religious festivals to end so you can get back to cheating the helpless. You measure out grain with dishonest measures and cheat the buyer with dishonest scales.
20. Leviticus 6:1-5 The Lord told Moses, “A person sins against the Lord by acting treacherously toward his neighbor regarding something entrusted to his care, regarding security for a loan, robbery, if he has oppressed his neighbor, if he has found something that had been lost and then lied about it, or if he makes a false oath about any of these things, thus committing a sin with respect to these things. If that person has sinned and has been found guilty, then he is to return the stolen thing that he took or obtained by oppression, or the security that had been entrusted to him, or the lost thing that he had found, or the thing about which he had given a false oath. He is to restore it in full, add a fifth to it, then give it to whom it belongs the very day he’s found guilty.