Bible verses about putting the past behind
When you accept Christ as your Lord and Savior you are a new creation. God’s love never ends. It doesn’t matter if you were a murderer, prostitute, wiccan, or thief. God will forgive you and remember your sins no more. What you must do is walk faithfully with the Lord and put the past behind you. Always remember this as well that God is always working in your life even if it seems like he is not. Sometimes we will dwell on persecution we received, things we have given up, or opportunities lost because of being a Christian.
For Christ we have to choose a harder life over an easier life, but don’t look back and say I could have done this and that. Renew your mind. Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Know that God will never leave you and he knows what is best. Even as a Christian you will make mistakes, but these mistakes make you stronger, smarter, and builds you as a Christian. Work on putting your past away. Let it go and let nothing hinder your relationship with the Lord. It’s all about Christ, live for him today. Allow the Lord to guide your life and work in it. God can make all things even bad situations work together for good.
1. Psalm 103:12-13 as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us. As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him;
2. 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
3. Hebrews 10:17 Then he adds: “Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more.”
4. Isaiah 43:25 “I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more.
What does the Bible say?
5. Isaiah 43:18 “Do not call to mind the former things, Or ponder things of the past.
6. Philippians 3:13-14 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
7. 2 Corinthians 5:17 This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!
8. 1 Corinthians 9:24 Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!
9. Ephesians 4:23-24 Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God–truly righteous and holy.
God is with you
10. Isaiah 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
11. Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”
12. Luke 9:62 Jesus replied, “No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God.”
13. Proverbs 24:16-17 for though the righteous fall seven times, they rise again, but the wicked stumble when calamity strikes.
14. Psalm 37:24 though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand.
15. Romans 12:1-2 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
16. Philippians 2:13 for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.
Trust in God
17. Isaiah 26:3-4 You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal.
18. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
19. Psalm 37:3-5 Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this:
20. 1 Timothy 6:12 Fight the good fight for the true faith. Hold tightly to the eternal life to which God has called you, which you have confessed so well before many witnesses.
21. 2 Timothy 4:7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.