Bible verses about feeling defeated
Life right now might be hard for you, but know God is in control of the situation. Never fear because God is greater than the world. When a Christian is dealing with struggles in life it’s not to defeat us, but make us stronger. We use these times to grow in Christ and build our relationship with Him.
God is near and never forget that. I’ve learned from experience that God brings you to a point where you know you can’t do it by yourself. Trust God’s hand and not your own.
He will hold you up. Take your mind off the world and put it on Christ. Continually seek His will for your life, keep praying, have faith in the Lord, and never forget the love He has for you.
- “What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.”
- “You’re only defeated when you quit.”
- “A man is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.” Richard M. Nixon
- “Opportunity often comes disguised in the form of misfortune, or temporary defeat.” Napoleon Hill
- “Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.”
- “Don’t forget you’re human, it’s OK to have a meltdown. Just don’t unpack and live there. Cry it out and then refocus on where you are headed.”
1. 2 Corinthians 4:8-10 We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies.
2. Psalm 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all.
3. Hebrews 10:35-36 Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised.
4. 1 Corinthians 16:13 Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong.
5. Psalm 145:19 He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them.
6. Psalm 34:18 The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.
No one can stop God’s plan for you
7. Isaiah 55:8-9 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
8. Psalm 40:5 O LORD my God, you have performed many wonders for us. Your plans for us are too numerous to list. You have no equal. If I tried to recite all your wonderful deeds, I would never come to the end of them.
9. Romans 8:28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
Do not fear
10. Deuteronomy 31:8 The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
11. Deuteronomy 4:31 For the LORD your God is a merciful God; he will not abandon or destroy you or forget the covenant with your ancestors, which he confirmed to them by oath.
12. Psalm 118:6 The LORD is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?
13. Psalm 145:18 The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.
Run to the rock
14. Psalm 62:6 He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken.
15. Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
16. Psalm 9:9 The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.
17. 2 Corinthians 4:17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.
18. John 16:33 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.
19. James 1:2-4 Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
20. John 14:1 Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me.
21. Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
22. Matthew 11:28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
The restoring power of prayer
23. Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
You will overcome
24. Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
25. Ephesians 6:10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.
Romans 8:37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
As I was looking for the scripture of the day Christ put this in my path (biblereasons.com) and I started reading about feeling defeated and even though I have read these verses many times before it was like my first time reading them in this time of tribulation and it is good to know their are so many brothers and sisters in Christ that can relate and come through in time’s of difficulty.
Thank you all.