Bible verses about job loss
Losing your job can be very hard for anyone, but we must trust in the Lord. As believers sometimes when things happen to us we wonder what good can come from this? Do not look to what is seen. We must find the blessings of being unemployed. God might have another will for you. God might have plans for a better job. God might want you to become closer with your family in the process. God wants to work in you and build your humility, patience, and faith. God is not a liar. We should trust that God will provide and guide us through our darkest situations.
Your darkest hour is God’s hour of power. God can change any bad situation into a beautiful one. Pour your heart out to God. Use this as an opportunity to revamp your prayer life.
Don’t focus on the world and the lies of Satan. God will make a way for you even if there seems to be no way.
Allow God to be your joy. We must stand firm in faith when losing our jobs trusting that God will deliver us, but that does not mean we are to sit around and become idle.
We should be continually searching for a job and asking the Lord to direct us.
- “Sometimes God’s blessings are not in what He gives; but in what He takes away. He knows best!”
- “We can’t be afraid of change. Holding onto something that is good for you now, may be the very reason why you don’t have something better.”
God has a plan.
1. Isaiah 55:8-9 “My thoughts are not your thoughts, and my ways are not your ways,” declares the Lord. Just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways, and my thoughts are higher than your thoughts.”
2. Psalm 33:11 “The Lord’s plan stands firm forever. His thoughts stand firm in every generation.”
God always provides for His children.
3. Philippians 4:19 “And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.”
4. Psalm 37:25 “I have been young, and now I am old, but I have never seen a righteous person abandoned or his descendants begging for food.”
5. Proverbs 10:3 “The Lord will not let the righteous go hungry, but He denies the wicked what they crave.”
6. Matthew 6:33 “But above all pursue his kingdom and righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”
When fear and anxiety seek to control you.
7. Psalm 27:1 “The LORD is my light and my salvation— whom will I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom will I be afraid?”
8. Lamentations 3:57 You drew near when I called on You; You said, “Do not fear!”
9. Matthew 11:28-30 “Come to me, all who are tired from carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest. Place my yoke over your shoulders, and learn from me, because I am gentle and humble. Then you will find rest for yourselves because my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
10. John 16:33 “I have told you this so that through me you may have peace. In the world you’ll have trouble, but be courageous—I’ve overcome the world!”
11. Isaiah 43:18-19 “Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.”
We must continually pray for guidance.
12. Isaiah 48:17 “This is what the LORD, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel says: I am Yahweh your God, who teaches you for your benefit, who leads you in the way you should go.”
13. Psalm 32:8 “I will instruct you and teach you concerning the path you should walk; I will direct you with my eye.”
God will never forsake you.
14. Psalm 37:28-29 “For the LORD loves justice And does not forsake His godly ones; They are preserved forever, But the descendants of the wicked will be cut off. The righteous will inherit the land And dwell in it forever.”
15. Hebrews 13:5-6 “Your conduct must be free from the love of money and you must be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you and I will never abandon you.” So we can say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper, and I will not be afraid. What can people do to me?”
16. Psalm 91:14 “Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.”
Trust in the Almighty God.
17. Psalm 9:9-10 “The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. Those who know Your name trust in You because You have not abandoned those who seek You, Yahweh.”
19. Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.”
God is faithful. We must be patient and wait for Him.
20. Romans 12:12 “Rejoice in hope; be patient in affliction; be persistent in prayer.”
21. Psalm 27:14 “Wait for the Lord’s help. Be strong and brave, and wait for the Lord’s help.”
We must continue to praise God in our trials.
22. Job 1:21 and said: “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked I will depart. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised.”
Nothing can separate the love that God has for you.
23. Romans 8:38-39 “For I am persuaded that not even death or life, angels or rulers, things present or things to come, hostile powers, height or depth, or any other created thing will have the power to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord!”
All the tough things that we go through in life are never meaningless.
24. Romans 8:28 “And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.”
25. Romans 5:3-4 “And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope.”