Bible Verses About reaping what you sow
Scripture has a lot to say about sowing and reaping. Farmers plant seeds and gather the harvest. When God says you will reap what you sow, He means you will live with the results of your actions.
It’s basically cause and effect. Christians don’t believe in karma because that is associated with reincarnation and Hinduism, but if you choose to live in wickedness you will go to Hell for eternity.
If you turn away from your sins and believe in Christ, you will go to Heaven. Always remember that there are consequences for everything in life.
Christian quotes about reaping what you sow
“Good or bad you will always reap what you sow—you will always harvest the consequences of your choices.” –Randy Alcorn
“You always harvest what you plant.”
“Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.”
“What we plant in the soil of contemplation, we shall reap in the harvest of action.” Meister Eckhart
What does the Bible say about reaping what you sow?
1. 2 Corinthians 9:6 The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.
2. Galatians 6:8 Those who live only to satisfy their own sinful nature will harvest decay and death from that sinful nature. But those who live to please the Spirit will harvest everlasting life from the Spirit.
3. Proverbs 11:18 A wicked person earns deceptive wages, but the one who sows righteousness reaps a sure reward.
4. Proverbs 14:14 The faithless will be fully repaid for their ways, and the good rewarded for theirs.
Giving, sowing, and reaping
5. Luke 6:38 Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.”
6. Proverbs 11:24 One person gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty.
7. Proverbs 11:25 A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.
8. Proverbs 21:13 Whoever shuts their ears to the cry of the poor will also cry out and not be answered.
Evil: A man reaps what he sows
9. Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
10. Proverbs 22:8 Whoever sows injustice will reap calamity, and the rod of his fury will fail.
11. Job 4:8-9 My experience shows that those who plant trouble and cultivate evil will harvest the same. A breath from God destroys them. They vanish in a blast of his anger.
12. Proverbs 1:31 they will eat the fruit of their ways and be filled with the fruit of their schemes.
13. Proverbs 5:22 The evil deeds of the wicked ensnare them; the cords of their sins hold them fast.
Sowing seeds of righteousness
14. Galatians 6:9 Let’s not get tired of doing what is good, for at the right time we will reap a harvest—if we do not give up.
15. James 3:17-18 But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness.
16. John 4:36 Even now the one who reaps draws a wage and harvests a crop for eternal life, so that the sower and the reaper may be glad together.
17. Psalm 106:3-4 How blessed are those who promote justice, and do what is right all the time! Remember me, O Lord, when you show favor to your people! Pay attention to me, when you deliver,
18. Hosea 10:12 Sow righteousness for yourselves, reap unfailing love. Break up the unplowed ground for yourselves, for it is time to seek the Lord, until he comes and showers deliverance on you.
19. 2 Corinthians 5:9-10 So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.
20. Jeremiah 17:10 “I the Lord search the heart and test the mind, to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds.”
Examples of reaping what you sow in the Bible
21. Hosea 8:3-8 But Israel has rejected what is good; an enemy will pursue him. They set up kings without my consent; they choose princes without my approval. With their silver and gold they make idols for themselves to their own destruction. Samaria, throw out your calf-idol! My anger burns against them. How long will they be incapable of purity? They are from Israel! This calf—a metalworker has made it; it is not God. It will be broken in pieces, that calf of Samaria. “They sow the wind and reap the whirlwind. The stalk has no head; it will produce no flour. Were it to yield grain, foreigners would swallow it up. Israel is swallowed up; now she is among the nations like something no one wants.