Bible verses about corruption
We are living in a corrupt world which will only become more corrupt. Christ came to set us free from sin. We must repent and trust in the blood of Christ. Believers are not to be conformed to this corrupt world, but we are to model our lives after Christ. We are seeing more and more of this world infiltrating Christianity, which is causing unbelievers to slander the true believers.
Deceitful people from this evil world are coming into our churches spreading lies and false teachings into Christianity.
While there are corrupt churches in America, there are also many biblical churches as well.
We should never let corruption, which is a scheme from Satan cause us to lose focus on Christ.
We are not to let it cause us to make excuses. Even though corruption is all around us, let’s walk by the Spirit and continue to grow in Christ.
“The world’s corruption is a result of its defiance.” Warren Wiersbe
What does the Bible say?
1. Hosea 9:9 They have sunk deep into corruption, as in the days of Gibeah. God will remember their wickedness and punish them for their sins.
2. Isaiah 1:4 Woe to the sinful nation, a people whose guilt is great, a brood of evildoers, children given to corruption! They have forsaken the LORD; they have spurned the Holy One of Israel and turned their backs on him.
Corruption in the world.
4. Genesis 6:12 God observed all this corruption in the world, for everyone on earth was corrupt.
5. 2 Timothy 3:1-5 You must realize, however, that in the last days difficult times will come. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, unfeeling, uncooperative, slanderous, degenerate, brutal, hateful of what is good, traitors, reckless, conceited, and lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God. They will hold to an outward form of godliness but deny its power. Stay away from such people.
6. Deuteronomy 31:29 I know that after my death you will become utterly corrupt and will turn from the way I have commanded you to follow. In the days to come, disaster will come down on you, for you will do what is evil in the LORD’s sight, making him very angry with your actions.”
7. James 4:4 You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.
Escaping the world through Christ. Repent and trust in Christ alone for salvation. He will make you new.
8. 2 Peter 1:2-4 May God give you more and more grace and peace as you grow in your knowledge of God and Jesus our Lord. By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence. And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires.
9. 2 Peter 2:20 If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and are overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning.
Put off your old self: True faith in Christ changes your life.
10. 1. Ephesians 4:22-23 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds;
11. Romans 13:14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.
12. Proverbs 4:23 Above everything else guard your heart, because from it flow the springs of life.
13. 2 Peter 2:19 promising them freedom while they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by what a man is overcome, by this he is enslaved.
14. Romans 2:24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.
15. Romans 16:17-18 Now I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause dissensions and obstacles contrary to the doctrine you have learned. Avoid them, for such people do not serve our Lord Christ but their own appetites. They deceive the hearts of the unsuspecting with smooth talk and flattering words.
16. 2 Peter 2:2 Many will follow their evil teaching and shameful immorality. And because of these teachers, the way of truth will be slandered.
17. 2 Corinthians 11:3-4 But I fear that somehow your pure and undivided devotion to Christ will be corrupted, just as Eve was deceived by the cunning ways of the serpent. You happily put up with whatever anyone tells you, even if they preach a different Jesus than the one we preach, or a different kind of Spirit than the one you received, or a different kind of gospel than the one you believed.
Greed is the cause.
18. 1 Timothy 6:4-5 Anyone who teaches something different is arrogant and lacks understanding. Such a person has an unhealthy desire to quibble over the meaning of words. This stirs up arguments ending in jealousy, division, slander, and evil suspicions. These people always cause trouble. Their minds are corrupt, and they have turned their backs on the truth. To them, a show of godliness is just a way to become wealthy.
19. Proverbs 29:4 A just king gives stability to his nation, but one who demands bribes destroys it.
20. 2 Peter 2:3 And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.
Corruption in speech.
21. Proverbs 4:24 Keep your mouth free of perversity; keep corrupt talk far from your lips.
22. 1 Corinthians 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.
23. Psalm 14:1 Fools say to themselves, “There is no God.” They are corrupt and commit evil deeds; not one of them practices what is good.
24. Revelation 21:27 Nothing unclean, or anyone who does anything detestable, and no one who tells lies will ever enter it. Only those whose names are written in the lamb’s Book of Life will enter it.
25. Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!