Bible verses about praising yourself
There are many ministers and pastors today who like to toot their own horn and brag about their accomplishments. Many use testimonies as a chance to brag about themselves and glorify their past life. Many false convert testimonies these days are all about the person and nothing about Christ. You are a sinner in need of a Savior.
All the good in your life comes from Christ and all the bad comes from you. Your righteous deeds are filthy rags. You deserve nothing, but Christ allows you to breathe. If you must boast, then boast on what Christ did for you on the cross. Humble yourself and let someone else praise you. Do all things for the Glory of God not to show off. If someone does praise you, then remain humble.
What does the Bible say?
1. Jeremiah 9:23-24 This is what the LORD says: “Don’t let the wise boast in their wisdom, or the powerful boast in their power, or the rich boast in their riches. But those who wish to boast should boast in this alone: that they truly know me and understand that I am the LORD who demonstrates unfailing love and who brings justice and righteousness to the earth, and that I delight in these things. I, the LORD, have spoken!
2. Proverbs 27:2 Let someone else praise you, and not your own mouth; an outsider, and not your own lips. – (Power of praise in the Bible)
3. Isaiah 64:6 We are all infected and impure with sin. When we display our righteous deeds, they are nothing but filthy rags. Like autumn leaves, we wither and fall, and our sins sweep us away like the wind.
4. Matthew 6:2 So when you give to the poor, don’t announce it with trumpet fanfare. This is what hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets in order to be praised by people. I can guarantee this truth: That will be their only reward.
5. 1 Corinthians 13:3 And if I donate all my goods to feed the poor, and if I give my body in order to boast but do not have love, I gain nothing.
Boast in God alone
6. Galatians 6:14 As for me, may I never boast about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. Because of that cross, my interest in this world has been crucified, and the world’s interest in me has also died.
7. 1 Corinthians 1:31 Therefore, as the Scriptures say, “If you want to boast, boast only about the LORD.”
8. 2 Corinthians 10:17 But he that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
9. Proverbs 29:23 A person’s pride will bring about his downfall, but the humble in spirit will gain honor.
10. Proverbs 11:2 When pride comes, then comes dishonor, But with the humble is wisdom.
11. Proverbs 8:13 All who fear the LORD will hate evil. Therefore, I hate pride and arrogance, corruption and perverse speech.
12. James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the Lord’s presence. Then he will give you a high position.
13. Psalm 25:9 He leads the humble in doing right, teaching them his way.
14. Proverbs 18:12 Before a downfall the heart is haughty, but humility comes before honor.
15. Luke 18:11-14 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people–robbers, evildoers, adulterers–or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’ “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’ “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”