Bible verses about showing off
Whether it is showing off your faith, how smart you are, or your body it is all bad. Showing off is never a good thing. All boasting is evil. If you’re going to boast then boast in Christ. There are many theologians who care more about the Bible than they do Christ.
There are many people who care more about showing off how much they know about Scripture rather than out of love trying to save someone. This is why when handling the great truths of the Bible you must humble yourself or you can unknowingly create an idol.
Do all things for the glory of God not for yourself. Examine all your actions. Don’t be like the world. Don’t give to be seen by others. Don’t try to show off your body be modest because that is God’s will.
What does the Bible say?
1. Jeremiah 9:23 Thus says the Lord: Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches.
2. James 4:16-17 But now you boast and brag, and all such boasting is evil. It is a sin when someone knows the right thing to do and doesn’t do it.
3. Psalm 59:12-13 because of the sins from their mouths and the words on their lips. Let them be trapped by their own arrogance because they speak curses and lies. Destroy them in your rage. Destroy them until not one of them is left. Then they will know that God rules Jacob to the ends of the earth.
4. 1 Corinthians 13:1-3 I may speak in the languages of humans and of angels. But if I don’t have love, I am a loud gong or a clashing cymbal. I may have the gift to speak what God has revealed, and I may understand all mysteries and have all knowledge. I may even have enough faith to move mountains. But if I don’t have love, I am nothing. I may even give away all that I have and give up my body to be burned. But if I don’t have love, none of these things will help me.
5. Matthew 6:1 “Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.
6. Matthew 6:3 But when you give to the poor, don’t let your left hand know what your right hand is doing.
7. Galatians 6:14 But may I never boast about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus, the Messiah, by which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world!
8. 2 Corinthians 11:30-31 If I must boast, I will boast about the things that show I am weak. God knows that I am not lying. He is the God and Father of the Lord Jesus, and he is to be praised forever.
9. 1 Timothy 2:9 likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire.
10. 1 Peter 3:3 Don’t be concerned about the outward beauty of fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes. You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God.
11. Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
12. Ephesians 5:1-2 Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet smelling savour.
13. 1 Corinthians 10:31 So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
14. Philippians 2:3 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.
15. Colossians 3:12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap.