Bible verses about being considerate
As Christians we must not be self-seeking, but we must look out for the interests of others. In this selfish world the motto is it’s all about me. We must humble ourselves before others and love one another. Watch what you say around people.
When you’re about to say something mean or arrogant consider the feelings of others. It is sinful to be mean, proud, and selfish. We are to have a Christlike attitude.
In all you do, take others into consideration. When you want to hold a grudge with someone, forgive just like God forgave us. When someone is going through grief. Comfort them like God comforts us.
When someone needs help. Help them just as God continually helps us. Do all things for God’s glory.
If you’re in your neighborhood, at work, or even going on a trip, consider others who have never heard the gospel message. Let’s pray to be more about we and less about me.
- “A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference.”
- “True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less.” C.S. Lewis
What does the Bible say?
1. Philippians 4:5 Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon.
2. Titus 3:2 to malign no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing every consideration for all men.
3. 1 Peter 3:7 Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.
4. Romans 15:1-3 We who are strong must be considerate of those who are sensitive about things like this. We must not just please ourselves. We should help others do what is right and build them up in the Lord. For even Christ didn’t live to please himself. As the Scriptures say, “The insults of those who insult you, O God, have fallen on me.”
5. Romans 12:16 Live in harmony with each other. Don’t be too proud to enjoy the company of ordinary people. And don’t think you know it all!
Think about others
6. Psalm 41:1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. Blessed is he that considereth the poor: the LORD will deliver him in time of trouble.
7. Philippians 2:3-4 Don’t act out of selfish ambition or be conceited. Instead, humbly think of others as being better than yourselves. Don’t be concerned only about your own interests, but also be concerned about the interests of others.
8. 1 Corinthians 10:24 People should be concerned about others and not just about themselves.
9. 1 Corinthians 10:33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.
10. 1 Corinthians 13:4-5 Love is patient, love is kind. Love does not envy, is not boastful, is not conceited, does not act improperly, is not selfish, is not provoked, and does not keep a record of wrongs.
11. Ephesians 4:2 demonstrating all expressions of humility, gentleness, and patience, accepting one another in love.
12. James 2:8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well.
Be careful and cause no one to stumble.
13. 1 Corinthians 8:9 But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak.
14. Romans 14:21 It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.
Be considerate by sharing and giving.
15. Hebrews 13:16 Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.
16. Proverbs 31:20 She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.
17. Proverbs 19:17 If you help the poor, you are lending to the LORD–and he will repay you!
18. Acts 20:35 I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.
Be considerate by smiling at others.
19. Proverbs 15:30 A bright look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the body.
20. Proverbs 21:10 A wicked person desires evil; he has no consideration for his neighbor.
21. Colossians 3:13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
22. Ephesians 4:32 Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.
23. James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
24. Luke 10:33-34 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him, And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.
25. Acts 27:2-3 And embarking in an Adramyttian ship, which was about to sail to the regions along the coast of Asia, we put out to sea accompanied by Aristarchus, a Macedonian of Thessalonica. The next day we put in at Sidon; and Julius treated Paul with consideration and allowed him to go to his friends and receive care.