Bible verses about mean people
If any Christian is dealing with a mean attitude I encourage you to find the root to your anger. It could be because of stress, envy, or maybe there is that one person who always makes you mad.
Treat others how you would want to be treated. If someone disrespects you it’s so easy to lash out at them, but don’t instead repay them with blessings.
Keep your composure in all situations and overlook an offense. Think about others and how they would feel.
Always walk by the Spirit so you won’t gratify the desires of the flesh and be kind to everyone.
The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become.
Put off your old self
1. Ephesians 4:22 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires;
2. Ephesians 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
3. Matthew 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
4. Ephesians 4:31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
5. James 1:21 Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.
6. Proverbs 11:17 Your kindness will reward you, but your cruelty will destroy you.
7. Ephesians 4:32 Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.
8. Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.
9. Proverbs 29:11 Fools vent their anger, but the wise quietly hold it back.
10. James 1:20 Human anger does not produce the righteousness God desires.
11. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
12. Romans 12:10 Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.
13. 1 Corinthians 16:14 Let all that you do be done in love.
How to handle mean people.
14. Luke 6:27 But I say to you people who are listening to me, love your enemies. Do good to those who hate you.
15. Matthew 5:44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.
Let your light shine
16. Matthew 5:16 In the same way, you should be a light for other people. Live so that they will see the good things you do and praise your Father in heaven.
17. Hebrews 12:14-15 Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord. See to it that no one fails to obtain the grace of God; that no “root of bitterness” springs up and causes trouble, and by it many become defiled;
18. Proverbs 15:1 A gentle answer turns away rage, but a harsh word stirs up anger.
19. 1 Corinthians 10:31 So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
20. Ephesians 5:1 Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children
The last days
21. 2 Timothy 3:1-5 But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.
22. 2 Samuel 16:5-7 As King David came to Bahurim, a man came out of the village cursing them. It was Shimei son of Gera, from the same clan as Saul’s family. He threw stones at the king and the king’s officers and all the mighty warriors who surrounded him. As he cursed, Shimei said, “Get out, get out, you murderer, you scoundrel!
23. Matthew 26:67 What’s your verdict?” They answered, “He deserves the death penalty!” Then they spit in his face, hit him with their fists, and some of them slapped him. They said, “You Christ, if you’re a prophet, tell us who hit you.”
24. John 18:22 When Jesus said this, one of the officials nearby slapped him in the face. “Is this the way you answer the high priest?” he demanded.
25. 1 Kings 22:24-25 Then Zedekiah, son of Chenaanah, went to Micaiah and struck him on the cheek. “How did the Lord’s Spirit leave me to talk to you?” he asked. Micaiah answered, “You will find out on the day you go into an inner room to hide.”