Bible verses about smiling
Always put a smile on your face because it’s a very powerful weapon. I’m not talking about a cheesy fake one. I’m talking about a genuine smile of happiness. Instead of putting on a frown when in hard times which will only make you feel worse, turn that frown upside down.
I guarantee you if you do this, you will feel so much better. Remember God is always faithful. He will hold you up. Rejoice because all things work together for good. Uplift your life and think about all the great things God has done for you. Here are reasons why you should always be thankful.
Think about things that are honorable. Give God thanks and always smile, which shows strength. Bless someone’s life today by just giving them a smile and that alone can indeed uplift them.
- “Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.”
- “Smile in the mirror. Do that every morning and you’ll start to see a big difference in your life.”
- “Lighten up, just enjoy life, smile more, laugh more, and don’t get so worked up about things.”
- “Smiling doesn’t always mean you’re happy. Sometimes it simple means that you’re a strong person.”
- “The most beautiful Smile is the one that struggles through Tears.”
6 Quick benefits
- Lowers blood pressure
- Better mood, especially for bad days.
- Relieves stress
- Strengthens your immune system
- Lesson pain
- It is contagious
What does the Bible say?
1. Proverbs 15:30 “A cheerful look brings joy to the heart; good news makes for good health.”
2. Proverbs 17:22 “A joyful heart is good medicine, but depression drains one’s strength.”
3. Proverbs 15:13-15 “A glad heart makes a happy face; a broken heart crushes the spirit. A wise person is hungry for knowledge, while the fool feeds on trash. For the despondent, every day brings trouble; for the happy heart, life is a continual feast.”
4. Psalm 126:2-3 “Then our mouth was filled with laughter, and our tongue with shouts of joy; then they said among the nations, “The LORD has done great things for them.” The LORD has done great things for us; we are glad.”
5. Proverbs 31:23-27 “Her husband is respected at the city gate, where he takes his seat among the elders of the land. She makes linen garments and sells them, and supplies the merchants with sashes. She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.”
Smiling through the pain shows strength.
6. James 1:2-4 “Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness, And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.”
7. Matthew 5:12 “Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.”
8. Romans 5:3-4 “We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation.”
9. Romans 12:12 “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”
Prayer to God
10. Psalm 119:135 “Smile on me, and teach me your laws.”
11. Psalm 31:16 “Make your face shine on your servant; save me in your steadfast love!”
12. Psalm 4:6 “Many people say, “Who will show us better times?” Let your face smile on us, LORD.”
13. Joshua 1:9 “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
14. Isaiah 41:10 “fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
15. Job 9:27 “If I say, ‘I will forget my complaint, I will change my expression, and smile.”
Philippians 4:8 “And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.”