Bible verses about sharing
Christians are to always share with others even if it is with our enemies. The only way we can happily share and give with others is if we have love. If we don’t have love we will help others out of pressure and with a bad heart. We should all pray daily for God to help our generosity.
When we think about sharing usually we think about clothes, food, money, etc. Scripture doesn’t stop there. Not only are we to share our things, but we are to share true riches.
Share your faith with others, testimonials, God’s Word, and other things that will benefit people spiritually. Don’t wait! God has chosen you to refresh someone. Start today!
- Happiness is only real when shared. Christopher McCandless
- There is real value in sharing moments that don’t live forever. Evan Spiegel
- We have lost the art of sharing is caring. Hun Sen
It starts with love.
1. 1 Corinthians 13:2-4 If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing. If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing. Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud
What does the Bible say?
2. Hebrews 13:15-16 Therefore, let us offer through Jesus a continual sacrifice of praise to God, proclaiming our allegiance to his name. 16 And don’t forget to do good and to share with those in need. These are the sacrifices that please God.
3. Luke 3:11 John replied, “If you have two shirts, give one to the poor. If you have food, share it with those who are hungry.”
4. Isaiah 58:7 Share your food with the hungry, and give shelter to the homeless. Give clothes to those who need them, and do not hide from relatives who need your help.
5. Romans 12:13 When God’s people are in need, be ready to help them. Always be eager to practice hospitality.
Blessed are the generous
6. Proverbs 22:9 The generous will themselves be blessed, for they share their food with the poor.
7. Proverbs 19:17 If you help the poor, you are lending to the LORD–and he will repay you!
8. Proverbs 11:24-25 Give freely and become more wealthy; be stingy and lose everything. The generous will prosper; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed.
9. Matthew 5:7 Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
10. Proverbs 11:17 Those who are kind benefit themselves, but the cruel bring ruin on themselves.
Share the burden of others.
11. 1 Corinthians 12:25-26 God’s purpose was that the body should not be divided but rather that all of its parts should feel the same concern for each other. If one part of the body suffers, all the other parts share its suffering. If one part is praised, all the others share in its happiness.
12. Romans 12:15-16 Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep. Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.
Sharing God’s Word, the gospel, testimonials, etc.
14. Mark 16:15-16 And then he told them, “Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone. Anyone who believes and is baptized will be saved. But anyone who refuses to believe will be condemned.
15. Psalm 96:3-7 Publish his glorious deeds among the nations. Tell everyone about the amazing things he does. Great is the LORD! He is most worthy of praise! He is to be feared above all gods. The gods of other nations are mere idols, but the LORD made the heavens! Honor and majesty surround him; strength and beauty fill his sanctuary. O nations of the world, recognize the LORD; recognize that the LORD is glorious and strong.
Don’t give with a bad heart.
16. 2 Corinthians 9:7 You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don’t give reluctantly or in response to pressure. “For God loves a person who gives cheerfully.”
17. Deuteronomy 15:10-11 Give generously to the poor, not grudgingly, for the Lord your God will bless you in everything you do. There will always be some in the land who are poor. That is why I am commanding you to share freely with the poor and with other Israelites in need.
A godly woman
17. Proverbs 31:19-20 Her hands are busy spinning thread, her fingers twisting fiber. She extends a helping hand to the poor and opens her arms to the needy.
18. Galatians 6:6 Those who are taught the word of God should provide for their teachers, sharing all good things with them.
19. 1 John 3:17 If someone has enough money to live well and sees a brother or sister in need but shows no compassion how can God’s love be in that person?
20. Ephesians 4:28 If you are a thief, quit stealing. Instead, use your hands for good hard work, and then give generously to others in need.
Give to people who ask
21. Luke 6:30 Give to anyone who asks; and when things are taken away from you, don’t try to get them back.
22. Deuteronomy 15:8 Rather, be openhanded and freely lend them whatever they need.
Even share with your enemies.
23. Luke 6:27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
24. Romans 12:20 On the contrary: “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”
25. Acts 4:32-35 All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had. With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need.