Bible verses about helping others in need
Scripture tells us that Christians should consider the interest of others and help those in need. If someone asks you to pray for them, then pray. If someone begs for some water, food, or money, then give it to them. When you do these righteous things you are doing God’s will, working for God, and bringing happiness and blessings on others.
Don’t help others for show or recognition like some hypocrite celebrities who turn on cameras just to help someone.
Do it not with a grudging heart, but with a loving heart.
Every act of kindness to others is an act of kindness to Christ.
I encourage you to start today and lend a helping hand to others in need.
We shouldn’t just limit helping people to just giving them money, food, and clothes. Sometimes people just need someone there to listen.
Sometimes people just need words of wisdom. Think about the many different ways you can help the needy today.
Christian quotes about helping others
“What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men. That is what love looks like.” Augustine
“God has chosen us to help one another.” Smith Wigglesworth
“There is nothing more beautiful than someone who goes out of their way to make life beautiful for others.” Mandy Hale
“A good character is the best tombstone. Those who loved you and were helped by you will remember you when forget-me-nots have withered. Carve your name on hearts, not on marble.” Charles Spurgeon
“Have you ever noticed how much of Christ’s life was spent in doing kind things?” Henry Drummond
“A Christian reveals true humility by showing the gentleness of Christ, by being always ready to help others, by speaking kind words and performing unselfish acts, which elevate and ennoble the most sacred message that has come to our world.”
“Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world.”
What does the Bible say?
1. Romans 15:2-3 “We should help others do what is right and build them up in the Lord. For even Christ didn’t live to please himself. As the Scriptures say, “The insults of those who insult you, O God, have fallen on me.”
2. Isaiah 58:10-11 “Feed the hungry, and help those in trouble. Then your light will shine out from the darkness, and the darkness around you will be as bright as noon. The LORD will guide you continually, giving you water when you are dry and restoring your strength. You will be like a well-watered garden, like an ever-flowing spring.“
3. Deuteronomy 15:11 “There will always be some in the land who are poor. That is why I am commanding you to share freely with the poor and with other Israelites in need.“
4. Acts 20:35 “By all these things, I have shown you that by working in this way we must help the weak, and remember the words of the Lord Jesus that he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.“
5. Luke 6:38 “Give, and you will receive. You will be given much. Pressed down, shaken together, and running over, it will spill into your lap. The way you give to others is the way God will give to you.”
6. Luke 12:33-34 “Sell your possessions, and give to the needy. Provide yourselves with moneybags that do not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.“
7. Exodus 22:25 “If you lend money to one of my people among you who is needy, do not treat it like a business deal; charge no interest.“
We are God’s co workers.
8. 1 Corinthians 3:9 “For we are labourers together with God: ye are God’s husbandry, ye are God’s building.“
9. 2 Corinthians 6:1 “As God’s co-workers we urge you not to receive God’s grace in vain.“
The gift of helping others
10. Romans 12:8 “If it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.“
11. 1 Peter 4:11 “Do you have the gift of speaking? Then speak as though God himself were speaking through you. Do you have the gift of helping others? Do it with all the strength and energy that God supplies. Then everything you do will bring glory to God through Jesus Christ. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen.“
Closing your ears to those in need.
12. Proverbs 21:13 “Whoever closes his ear to the cry of the poor will himself call out and not be answered.“
13. Proverbs 14:31 “Whoever oppresses a poor man insults his Maker, but he who is generous to the needy honors him.“
14. Proverbs 28:27 “Whoever gives to the poor will not want, but he who hides his eyes will get many a curse.“
These passages are not saying that we are saved by faith and works. It is saying that faith in Christ that doesn’t result in good deeds is false faith. True faith in Christ alone for salvation will change your life.
15. James 2:15-17 “Suppose you see a brother or sister who has no food or clothing, and you say, “Good-bye and have a good day; stay warm and eat well”—but then you don’t give that person any food or clothing. What good does that do? So you see, faith by itself isn’t enough. Unless it produces good deeds, it is dead and useless.“
16. James 2:19-20 “You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that–and shudder. You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless?“
Think about others
18. Philippians 2:4 “Do not be concerned about your own interests, but also be concerned about the interests of others.“
19. Proverbs 29:7 “The godly care about the rights of the poor; the wicked don’t care at all.“
20. Proverbs 31:9 “Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy.“
Praying for others
21. Job 42:10 “And the Lord restored the fortunes of Job, when he had prayed for his friends. And the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before.“
22. 1 Timothy 2:1 “First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people.“
23. Luke 8:3 “Joanna the wife of Chuza, the manager of Herod’s household; Susanna; and many others. These women were helping to support them out of their own means.“
24. Job 29:11-12 “Whoever heard me spoke well of me, and those who saw me commended me because I rescued the poor who cried for help, and the fatherless who had none to assist them.“
25. Matthew 19:20-22 “The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.“
Mark 12:31 “And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.”