Bible verses about usury
The usury is America is very sinful and ridiculous. We are not to be like the greedy banking systems and payday loans when giving money to our family, friends, and to the poor. In some cases interest can be taken like business deals. It would be better never to borrow money.
Always remember the borrower is slave to the lender. Money can cause a lot of problems and ruin relationships.
Rather than loaning money and especially charging excessive interest, just give it if you have it. If you have it give freely with love that way you won’t have any future problems with that person.
- “Usury once in control will wreck the nation.” William Lyon Mackenzie King
What does the Bible say?
1. Ezekiel 18:13 He lends at interest and takes a profit. Will such a man live? He will not! Because he has done all these detestable things, he is to be put to death; his blood will be on his own head.
3. Exodus 22:25 “If you loan money to my people, to the poor among you, don’t be like a creditor to them and don’t impose interest on them.”
4. Deuteronomy 23:19 Do not charge a fellow Israelite interest, whether on money or food or anything else that may earn interest. You may charge a foreigner interest, but not a fellow Israelite, so that the LORD your God may bless you in everything you put your hand to in the land you are entering to possess.
5. Leviticus 25:36 Do not take interest or any profit from them, but fear your God, so that they may continue to live among you.
6. Leviticus 25:37 Remember, do not charge interest on money you lend him or make a profit on food you sell him.
If you took out a loan before you know.
7. Proverbs 22:7 The wealthy rule over the poor, and anyone who borrows is a slave to the lender.
8. Psalm 15:5 Those who lend money without charging interest, and who cannot be bribed to lie about the innocent. Such people will stand firm forever.
9. Proverbs 28:8 He that by usury and unjust gain increaseth his substance, he shall gather it for him that will pity the poor.
10. Romans 12:2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
“The love of money is the root to all evil.”
11. 1 Timothy 6:9-10 But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.
12. Psalm 37:21 The wicked borrows but does not pay back, but the righteous is generous and gives.
13. Psalm 112:5 Good will come to those who are generous and lend freely, who conduct their affairs with justice.
14. Proverbs 19:17 Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will repay him for his deed.
There is nothing wrong with depositing money in the bank to earn interest.
15. Matthew 25:27 Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest.
Ephesians 5:17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.