Bible verses about partying
Scripture clearly tells us we must not try to fit in with the world. We are not to indulge in things that God hates. Most high school, college, or adult parties are filled with worldly music, weed, alcohol, drug dealing, more drugs, devilish dancing, sensual women, lustful men, sex, unbelievers, and more ungodly things. How does being in that environment glorify God? We must not turn God’s grace into lasciviousness.
Don’t use the I’m going to bring the gospel to them excuse or the Jesus hung out with sinners excuse because both are false. People who go to worldly parties do not go hoping to find God. Saying you are going to evangelize is just you finding a way to go to that party.
Don’t be like the fake Christian hypocrites who shake their rear-ends and join in evilness at parties and clubs on Saturday, but a few hours later they’re at church playing Christian. You can’t play Christianity the only person you are fooling is yourself. People like this will be thrown into Hell. If God is working in your life you will grow in holiness not worldliness.
Don’t not join evil: Stay away from bad friends.
1. Romans 13:11-14 This is necessary because you know the times—it’s already time for you to wake up from sleep, because our salvation is nearer now than when we became believers. The night is almost over, and the day is near. Let’s therefore put aside the actions of darkness and put on the armor of light. Let’s behave decently, as people who live in the light of day. No wild parties, drunkenness, sexual immorality, promiscuity, quarreling, or jealousy Instead, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus, the Messiah, and do not obey your flesh and its desires.
2. Ephesians 5:11 Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.
3. Colossians 3:5-6 So put everything evil out of your life: sexual sin, doing anything immoral, letting sinful thoughts control you, and wanting things that are wrong. And don’t keep wanting more and more for yourself, which is the same as worshiping a false god. God will show his anger against those who don’t obey him, because they do these evil things.
4. Peter 4:4 Of course, your former friends are surprised when you no longer plunge into the flood of wild and destructive things they do. So they slander you.
5. Ephesians 4:17-24 Therefore, I tell you and insist on in the Lord not to live any longer like the gentiles live, thinking worthless thoughts. They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of their ignorance and hardness of heart. Since they have lost all sense of shame, they have abandoned themselves to sensuality and practice every kind of sexual perversion without restraint. However, that is not the way you came to know the Messiah. Surely you have listened to him and have been taught by him, since truth is in Jesus. Regarding your former way of life, you were taught to strip off your old nature, which is being ruined by its deceptive desires, to be renewed in your mental attitude, and to clothe yourselves with the new nature, which was created according to God’s image in righteousness and true holiness.
Does going to a party glorify God?
6. 1 Corinthians 10:31 So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
7. Romans 2:24 For, as it is written, “The name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you
8. Matthew 5:16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.
9. Ephesians 5:15-18 Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit.
10. 1 Peter 4:3 You have had enough in the past of the evil things that godless people enjoy–their immorality and lust, their feasting and drunkenness and wild parties, and their terrible worship of idols.
11. Jeremiah 10:2 Thus says the LORD: “Learn not the way of the nations, nor be dismayed at the signs of the heavens because the nations are dismayed at them,
12. 2 Timothy 2:21-22 The Lord wants to use you for special purposes, so make yourself clean from all evil. Then you will be holy, and the Master can use you. You will be ready for any good work. Stay away from the evil things a young person like you typically wants to do. Do your best to live right and to have faith, love, and peace, together with others who trust in the Lord with pure hearts.
13. Proverbs 6:27-28 Can a man carry fire next to his chest and his clothes not be burned? Or can one walk on hot coals and his feet not be scorched?
14. 2 Corinthians 6:14-16 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
15. 1 Corinthians 15:33 Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals.”
16. Proverbs 24:1-2 Do not envy the wicked, do not desire their company; for their hearts plot violence, and their lips talk about making trouble.
17. Luke 9:23-24 Jesus continued to say to all of them, “Any of you who want to be my follower must stop thinking about yourself and what you want. You must be willing to carry the cross that is given to you every day for following me. Any of you who try to save the life you have will lose it. But you who give up your life for me will save it.
God will not be mocked
18. Galatians 5:19-21 The things your sinful old self wants to do are: sex sins, sinful desires, wild living, worshiping false gods, witchcraft, hating, fighting, being jealous, being angry, arguing, dividing into little groups and thinking the other groups are wrong, false teaching, wanting something someone else has, killing other people, using strong drink, wild parties, and all things like these. I told you before and I am telling you again that those who do these things will have no place in the holy nation of God.
19. Matthew 7:21-23 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.
20. Ephesians 5:1 Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children.
21. 1 Peter 1:16 since it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.”
22. Luke 12:43-47 If the master returns and finds that the servant has done a good job, there will be a reward. I tell you the truth, the master will put that servant in charge of all he owns. But what if the servant thinks, ‘My master won’t be back for a while,’ and he begins beating the other servants, partying, and getting drunk? The master will return unannounced and unexpected, and he will cut the servant in pieces and banish him with the unfaithful. “And a servant who knows what the master wants, but isn’t prepared and doesn’t carry out those instructions, will be severely punished.
James 1:22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.