Bible verses about not fitting in
The problem with trying to fit in is, it’s seeking joy in all the wrong places. You will never be satisfied when you do that. Find joy in Christ. Did Jesus ever fit in with the world? No, and neither will His followers. Why you ask? The world does not want to hear the gospel message. The world does not like God’s Word. We can’t live in rebellion like the world does. The world gets excited about a new Ciroc flavor. Believers get excited about having 3 church services. We are incompatible.
I never really fitted in with others, but the one place I did fit in was with Christ and the body of Christ. Stop caring about how others see you and look how God sees you. He loves you. Look at it this way. Fitting in is being ordinary. It’s being a follower. The only person we are to follow is Christ. Fit out instead. Be the oddball in this godless generation. Work together with the body of Christ. If you don’t already, find and go to a biblical church today!
You will indeed lose friends for Christ, but Christ is your life not bad friends. In life you’re going to have to make sacrifices for the Lord and who you hang around with is one of them. Don’t try to act like something you’re not, be yourself and continue to follow the Word of God.
God loves you and He doesn’t want His child to be led down a dark path. Seek His comfort, peace, and help by praying continuously. It is always good to suffer for the will of God. God has a plan and He will work things out for you just trust Him with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding of things.
Examples of trying to fit in.
- A pastor twists the Bible so he doesn’t lose members and so more people can like him.
- Trying to be friends with the ungodly popular kids.
- Someone tells an ungodly joke about someone else and you laugh, just because. (Guilty of this and the Holy Spirit convicted me).
- Buying expensive clothes to be like everyone else.
- Peer pressure leads you to smoking weed and drinking alcohol.
What does the Bible say?
1. Romans 12:1-2 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
2. Luke 6:26 What sorrow awaits you who are praised by the crowds, for their ancestors also praised false prophets.
3. James 4:4 You unfaithful people! Don’t you know that love for this evil world is hatred toward God? Whoever wants to be a friend of this world is an enemy of God.
Christians cannot fit in with the world.
4. 2. John 15:18-20 “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also.
5. Matthew 10:22 And all nations will hate you because you are my followers. But everyone who endures to the end will be saved.
6. 2 Timothy 3:11-14 You know about all the troubles and hard times I have had. You have seen how I suffered in the cities of Antioch and Iconium and Lystra. Yet the Lord brought me out of all those troubles. Yes! All who want to live a God-like life who belong to Christ Jesus will suffer from others. Sinful men and false teachers will go from bad to worse. They will lead others the wrong way and will be led the wrong way themselves. But as for you, hold on to what you have learned and know to be true. Remember where you learned them.
Are you willing to lose your life? You must count the cost of being a Christian.
7. Luke 14:27-28″And if you do not carry your own cross and follow me, you cannot be my disciple. But don’t begin until you count the cost. For who would begin construction of a building without first calculating the cost to see if there is enough money to finish it?
8. Matthew 16:25-27 If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it. And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Is anything worth more than your soul? For the Son of Man will come with his angels in the glory of his Father and will judge all people according to their deeds.
Remove yourself from the bad crowd. You don’t need fake friends.
9. 1 Corinthians 15:33 Don’t let anyone deceive you. Associating with bad people will ruin decent people.
10. 2 Corinthians 6:14-15 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
11. Proverbs 13:20-21 Spend time with the wise and you will become wise, but the friends of fools will suffer. Trouble always comes to sinners, but good people enjoy success.
Suffering for what is right.
12. 1 Peter 2:19 For this is a gracious thing, when, mindful of God, one endures sorrows while suffering unjustly.
13. 1 Peter 3:14 But even if you should suffer for the sake of righteousness, you are blessed. AND DO NOT FEAR THEIR INTIMIDATION, AND DO NOT BE TROUBLED
14. Romans 8:38-39 Yes, I am sure that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor ruling spirits, nothing now, nothing in the future, no powers, nothing above us, nothing below us, nor anything else in the whole world will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
15. Isaiah 55:8-9 “My thoughts,” says the Lord, “are not like yours, and my ways are different from yours. As high as the heavens are above the earth, so high are my ways and thoughts above yours.
16. Jeremiah 29:11 I say this because I know what I am planning for you,” says the Lord. “I have good plans for you, not plans to hurt you. I will give you hope and a good future.
17. Romans 8:28 We know that God makes all things work together for the good of those who love Him and are chosen to be a part of His plan.
Don’t try to fit in, (stand out) for the Lord.
18. 1 Timothy 4:11-12 Insist on these things and teach them. Don’t let anyone look down on you for being young. Instead, make your speech, behavior, love, faith, and purity an example for other believers.
19. Matthew 5:16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.
Be yourself and do all things for the glory of God.
20. Psalm 139:13-16 You alone created my inner being. You knitted me together inside my mother. I will give thanks to you because I have been so amazingly and miraculously made. Your works are miraculous, and my soul is fully aware of this. My bones were not hidden from you when I was being made in secret, when I was being skillfully woven in an underground workshop. Your eyes saw me when I was still an unborn child. Every day of my life was recorded in your book before one of them had taken place.
21. 1 Corinthians 10:31 Whether you eat therefore or drink, or if you do anything, you shall do everything for the glory of God.