Bible verses about praying together
In your Christian walk of faith it is important to pray together with other believers. Not only with your church, but with friends, your spouse, and other family members as well. There are some people who are a little afraid when it comes to praying out loud, but there is nothing wrong with praying silently while others pray out loud until that person becomes more comfortable.
Corporate prayer opens up your heart to the needs of others. Not only does it bring encouragement, repentance, edification, joy, and the feeling of love amongst believers, but it shows togetherness and the body of Christ working together submitting to the will of God.
Prayer meetings should never be to show off or gossip like we see in many of the churches today in America. Praying together is not a secret formula that makes your prayers more powerful so God will answer your personal desires that are not his will.
In prayer we are to align our lives with God’s purpose leaving our desires behind and when it’s all about God and his divine will we can have confidence that our prayers will be answered. Always remember it’s all about his glory and the advancement of his kingdom.
What does the Bible say?
1. Matthew 18:19-20 “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.“
2. 1 John 5:14-15 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him.
3. James 5:14-15 Are any of you sick? You should call for the elders of the church to come and pray over you, anointing you with oil in the name of the Lord. Such a prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make you well. And if you have committed any sins, you will be forgiven.
4. 1 Timothy 2:1-2 I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people– for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.
5. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Whatever happens, give thanks, because it is God’s will in Christ Jesus that you do this.
6. Psalm 133:1-3 How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity! It is like precious oil poured on the head, running down on the beard, running down on Aaron’s beard, down on the collar of his robe. It is as if the dew of Hermon were falling on Mount Zion. For there the Lord bestows his blessing, even life forevermore.
7. 1 John 1:3 We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ.
8. Hebrews 10:24-25 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another–and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
9. 1 Thessalonians 5:11 So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.
10. Psalm 55:14 with whom I once enjoyed sweet fellowship at the house of God, as we walked about among the worshipers.
11. Romans 12:4-5 Now as we have many parts in one body, and all the parts do not have the same function, in the same way we who are many are one body in Christ and individually members of one another.
12. 1 Corinthians 10:17 Because there is one bread, we who are many are one body, for we all partake of the one bread.
13. 1 Corinthians 12:26-27 If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it. Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.
14. Ephesians 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
15. 1 Peter 3:8 Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble.
16. Psalm 145:18 The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.
17. Colossians 3:17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Do not be a hypocrite. Do not pray for the wrong reasons such as to be seen as a super spiritual person.
18. Matthew 6:5-8 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
The ultimate goal
19. 1 Corinthians 10:31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
20. Romans 15:30-33 I urge you, brothers and sisters, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to join me in my struggle by praying to God for me. Pray that I may be kept safe from the unbelievers in Judea and that the contribution I take to Jerusalem may be favorably received by the Lord’s people there, so that I may come to you with joy, by God’s will, and in your company be refreshed. The God of peace be with you all. Amen.
21. Acts 1:14 All these with one accord were devoting themselves to prayer, together with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and his brothers.
22. Acts 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
23. Acts 12:12 When he realized this, he went to the home of Mary, the mother of John Mark, where many were gathered for prayer.
24. 2 Chronicles 20:3-4 Then Jehoshaphat was afraid and set his face to seek the LORD, and proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah. And Judah assembled to seek help from the LORD; from all the cities of Judah they came to seek the LORD.
25. 2 Corinthians 1:11 Ye also helping together by prayer for us, that for the gift bestowed upon us by the means of many persons thanks may be given by many on our behalf.
James 4:10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.