Bible verses about being unequally yoked
Whether in business or relationships, Christians are not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers. Starting a business with an unbeliever can put Christians in a terrible situation. It can cause Christians to compromise, there will be disagreements, etc.
If you were thinking about doing this don’t do it. If you are thinking about dating or marrying an unbeliever don’t do it. You can easily be led astray and hinder your relationship with Christ. Don’t think that you will get married and you will change them because that rarely happens and it will most likely cause more problems.
We must deny ourselves and take up the cross daily. Sometimes you have to drop relationships for Christ. Don’t think you know what’s best. Trust in God alone not yourself. There are so many reasons not to marry an unbeliever. Wait on God’s timing and trust in His ways.
What does the Bible say about being unequally yoked?
1. Amos 3:3 Do two walk together, unless they have agreed to meet?
2. 2 Corinthians 6:14 Don’t team up with those who are unbelievers. How can righteousness be a partner with wickedness? How can light live with darkness?
3. Ephesians 5:7 Therefore do not become partners with them.
4. 2 Corinthians 6:15 What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? (Dating Bible verses)
5. 1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
6. 2 Corinthians 6:17 Therefore, “Come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you.”
7. Isaiah 52:11 Depart, depart, go out from there! Touch no unclean thing! Come out from it and be pure, you who carry the articles of the LORD’s house.
8. 2 Corinthians 6:16 What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: “I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people.”
Being one flesh
9. 1 Corinthians 6:16-17 Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, “The two will become one flesh.” But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit.
10. Genesis 2:24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.
If you were already married before getting saved
11. 1 Corinthians 7:12-13 To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord): If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her. And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. (Divorce verses in the Bible)
12. 1 Corinthians 7:17 Nevertheless, each person should live as a believer in whatever situation the Lord has assigned to them, just as God has called them. This is the rule I lay down in all the churches.
Reminders about being yoked with unbelievers
13. Matthew 6:33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
14. Proverbs 6:27 Can a man take fire in his bosom And his clothes not be burned?
15. Proverbs 6:28 Can one go upon hot coals, and his feet not be burned?
Thank you so much for this comprehensive article.
Researching for a friend (whom I recently led to Christ) and she is dating an ‘unbeliever’.
My husband renounced God – 15+years ago but GOD has been working on my heart as to how to bring this lost sheep home.
In the last 24hrs – God has speaking to me about this blessed lady and what He wants me to do about it.
I thought I still had the book ‘Beloved Unbeliever’ but I think this article is better because it deals with someone before they consider the step or Marriage.
Love & Blessings in Jesus Mighty Name, Melinda in Geelong Australia