What does the Bible say about justice?
Our God is a God of justice and He never perverts it. We are to be followers of the Lord and we’re to never judge unfairly. God will give everyone what they deserve. It is said by many fake Christians that God loves and He never hates, which is a lie.
Satan is deceiving people so they can rebel against God’s Word.
Jesus didn’t come so you can keep on sinning. Shall we continue in sin that grace may increase.
If you love kids that means you hate abortions. God loves, but He hates the wicked. It’s not the sin that will be thrown into Hell it’s the wicked person.
If someone killed your family members and the judge let him go free, you would be outraged and you would feel like the law doesn’t stand. God is an honest judge.
He will not let evildoers go free and if He did He would be a liar and He would be unjust. How can God forgive the wicked and still be just? How can a Holy God have fellowship with evil people?
God came down from Heaven and He measured out the punishment. It was God who shed His blood. Jesus Christ was crushed for your sins and it pleased God to crush His son.
God’s love was poured out on the cross. Justice was served on the cross. The price for your life was paid in full. Your life is not your own. He is your everything and without Him you wouldn’t have life.
When you truly believe in Christ and what He did for you, you won’t want to go back to those things He died for. Remember that the Bible says to repent. True faith in Christ for salvation will change your life. The Lord’s sheep will hear His voice. We must never stop preaching about the doctrine of regeneration.
Christian quotes about justice
“Love was compressed for all history in that lonely figure on the cross, who said that he could call down angels at any moment on a rescue mission, but chose not to – because of us. At Calvary, God accepted his own unbreakable terms of justice.” Philip Yancey
“God in his infinite mercy has devised a way by which justice can be satisfied, and yet mercy can be triumphant. Jesus Christ, the only begotten of the Father, took upon himself the form of man, and offered unto Divine Justice that which was accepted as an equivalent for the punishment due to all his people.” Charles Spurgeon
“Delayed justice was as bad as injustice.” Brent Weeks
“The Christian gospel is a summons to peace, calling for justice beyond anger, mercy beyond justice, forgiveness beyond mercy, love beyond forgiveness.” – Wendell Berry
“God is not unjust. No one will be condemned for not believing a message they have never heard. Those who have never heard the gospel will be judges by their failure to own up to the light of God’s grace and power in nature and in their own conscience.” – John Piper
“We cannot begin a conversation about justice anywhere but at the cross of Jesus.”
“Justice is what is established; and thus all our established laws will necessarily be regarded as just without examination, since they are established.” – Blaise Pascal
“I am thankful that justice is in the hands of God.” A.W. Tozer
“It is at the cross where God’s Law and God’s grace are both most brilliantly displayed, where His justice and His mercy are both glorified. But it is also at the cross where we are most humbled. It is at the cross where we admit to God and to ourselves that there is absolutely nothing we can do to earn or merit our salvation.” Jerry Bridges
“Men feel that cruelty to the poor is a kind of cruelty to animals. They never feel that it is an injustice to equals; nay it is treachery to comrades.” G.K. Chesterton
“I feel that if God should smite me now, without hope or offer of mercy, to the lowest hell, I should only have what I justly deserve; and I feel that if I be not punished for my sins, or if there be not some plan found by which my sin can be punished in another, I cannot understand how God can be just at all: how shall he be Judge of all the earth, if he suffer offenses to go unpunished?” – Charles Spurgeon
“The Incarnation through the death of Christ makes it possible for God to be “just, and the justifier of him that believeth in Jesus.” If God should be merciful without the satisfaction of justice, He would cease to be a God of justice and would thus forfeit His throne of righteousness. In a word, He would cease to be God.” A.C. Dixon
“Sin is the dare of God’s justice, the rape of His mercy, the jeer of His patience, the slight of His power, and the contempt of His love.” John Bunyan
“The punishment must fit the crime. The misery and torment of hell point to the wickedness and seriousness of sin. Those who protest the biblical doctrine of hell as being excessive betray their inadequate comprehension of the sinfulness of sin. For sinners to be consigned to anything less than the horrors of eternal punishment would be a miscarriage of justice.” Tom Ascol
What is justice in the Bible?
1. Micah 6:8 He has made it clear to you, mortal man, what is good and what the LORD is requiring from you— to act with justice, to treasure the LORD’s gracious love, and to walk humbly in the company of your God.
3. Proverbs 18:5 It is not right to acquit the guilty or deny justice to the innocent.
4. Isaiah 1:17 Learn to do good. Seek justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the cause of orphans. Fight for the rights of widows.
5. Proverbs 17:15 He who justifies the wicked and he who condemns the righteous, Both of them alike are an abomination to the LORD.
6. Proverbs 21:15 “When justice is done, it brings joy to the righteous but terror to evildoers.”
7. Amos 5:24 “But let justice roll down like waters, and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream.”
8. Isaiah 56:1 “This is what the LORD says: “Maintain justice and do what is right, for my salvation is close at hand and my righteousness will soon be revealed.”
Bible verses about justice and fairness
Twisting justice is a sin. We must refrain from perverting justice. We must imitate God who is a fair judge.
9. Deuteronomy 16:18-20 “Appoint judges and officials for yourselves from each of your tribes in all the towns the LORD your God is giving you. They must judge the people fairly. You must never twist justice or show partiality. Never accept a bribe, for bribes blind the eyes of the wise and corrupt the decisions of the godly. Let true justice prevail, so you may live and occupy the land that the LORD your God is giving you.
10. Leviticus 19:15 “Do not twist justice in legal matters by favoring the poor or being partial to the rich and powerful. Always judge people fairly.
11. Job 8:3 Does God twist justice? Does the Almighty twist what is right?
12. Job 34:12 Truly, God will not do wrong. The Almighty will not twist justice.
13. Amos 5:7 “There are those who turn justice into bitterness and cast righteousness to the ground.”
14. Colossians 4:1 “Masters, treat your bondservants justly and fairly, knowing that you also have a Master in heaven.”
God is just verses
God loves justice. He gives everybody what they deserve.
15. Deuteronomy 32:3-4 I will proclaim the name of the LORD; how glorious is our God! He is the Rock; his deeds are perfect. Everything he does is just and fair. He is a faithful God who does no wrong; how just and upright he is!
16. 2 Thessalonians 1:6-8 God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels. He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.
17. 2 Chronicles 19:7 Fear the LORD and judge with integrity, for the LORD our God does not tolerate perverted justice, partiality, or the taking of bribes.”
18. Hebrews 6:10 God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.
19. Psalm 89:13-14 Powerful is your arm! Strong is your hand! Your right hand is lifted high in glorious strength. Righteousness and justice are the foundation of your throne. Unfailing love and truth walk before you as attendants.
20. Psalm 99:4 “The King is mighty, he loves justice— you have established equity; in Jacob you have done what is just and right.”
21. Psalm 11:7 “For the LORD is righteous; He loves justice. The upright will see His face.”
22. Psalm 33:5 “The LORD loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of His loving devotion.”
23. Psalm 17:2 “Let my sentence come forth from thy presence; let thine eyes behold the things that are equal.”
24. John 5:30 “I can do nothing on my own. I judge as God tells me. Therefore, my judgment is just, because I carry out the will of the one who sent me, not my own will.”
25. Psalm 103:6 “The LORD executes righteousness and justice for all the oppressed.”
26. Romans 3:26 “he did it to demonstrate his righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.”
27. Psalm 146:7-8 “He executes justice for the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The LORD sets the prisoners free, 8 the LORD gives sight to the blind, the LORD lifts up those who are bowed down, the LORD loves the righteous.
28. Psalm 98:9 “before the LORD, for he is coming to judge the earth. He will judge the world with justice, and the nations with fairness.”
29. Psalm 37:28 “For the LORD loves justice and will not forsake His saints. They are preserved forever, but the offspring of the wicked will be cut off.”
30. Psalm 89:14 “Righteousness and justice are the foundation of your throne; love and faithfulness go before you. 15 Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, LORD.”
31. Isaiah 28:16-17 “So this is what the Sovereign LORD says: “See, I lay a stone in Zion, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone for a sure foundation; the one who relies on it will never be stricken with panic. 17 I will make justice the measuring line and righteousness the plumb line; hail will sweep away your refuge, the lie, and water will overflow your hiding place.
32. Isaiah 32:16 “The LORD’s justice will dwell in the desert, his righteousness live in the fertile field.”
33. Isaiah 28:6 “a spirit of justice to him who sits in judgment, and a strength to those who repel the onslaught at the gate.”
34. Isaiah 61:8 “For I, the LORD, love justice; I hate robbery and wrongdoing. In my faithfulness I will reward my people and make an everlasting covenant with them.”
35. Job 37:23 “The Almighty is beyond our reach and exalted in power; in his justice and great righteousness, he does not oppress.”
36. Psalm 97:2 “Clouds and thick darkness surround him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of his throne.”
37. Deuteronomy 32:4 “He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he.”
God justly judges the righteous and the wicked.
Anyone who lives a continuous sinful lifestyle is not a Christian and our just God is going to send that person into eternal fire, pain, and torment. Turn away from sins. Repent, and trust in Christ for salvation.
38. Exodus 23:7 Have nothing to do with a false charge and do not put an innocent or honest person to death, for I will not acquit the guilty.
39. Ecclesiastes 3:17 I thought to myself, “God will judge righteous people as well as wicked people, because there is a specific time for every activity and every work that is done.”
40. Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap.
41. Psalm 5:5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
42. Proverbs 31:9 Yes, speak up for the poor and helpless, and see that they get justice.
43. Exodus 23:3 and do not show favoritism to a poor person in a lawsuit.
44. Exodus 23:6 “Do not deny justice to your poor people in their lawsuits.
45. Amos 5:7 There are those who turn justice into bitterness and cast righteousness to the ground.
46. Proverbs 17:23 The wicked take secret bribes to pervert the course of justice.
47. Isaiah 33:5 Though the LORD is very great and lives in heaven, he will make Jerusalem his home of justice and righteousness.
48. Proverbs 29:7 The righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.
49. Ecclesiastes 5:8 “If you see in a province the oppression of the poor and the violation of justice and righteousness, do not be amazed at the matter, for the high official is watched by a higher, and there are yet higher ones over them.”
50. Ezekiel 45:10 “You shall have just balances, a just ephah, and a just bath.
51. Proverbs 12:5 “The plans of the righteous are just, but the advice of the wicked is deceitful.”
Examples of justice in the Bible
52. Habakkuk 1:4 “The law has become paralyzed, and there is no justice in the courts. The wicked far outnumber the righteous, so that justice has become perverted.”
53. Isaiah 59:8-9 “The way of peace they do not know; there is no justice in their paths. They have turned them into crooked roads; no one who walks along them will know peace. 9 So justice is far from us, and righteousness does not reach us. We look for light, but all is darkness; for brightness, but we walk in deep shadows.”
54. 1 Chronicles 18:14 “So David reigned over all Israel, and he administered justice and equity to all his people.”
55. Job 36:15-17 “But by means of their suffering, he rescues those who suffer. For he gets their attention through adversity. 16 “God is leading you away from danger, Job, to a place free from distress. He is setting your table with the best food. 17 But you are obsessed with whether the godless will be judged. Don’t worry, judgment and justice will be upheld.”
56. 2 Chronicles 9:8 “Praise be to the LORD your God, who has delighted in you and placed you on his throne as king to rule for the LORD your God. Because of the love of your God for Israel and his desire to uphold them forever, he has made you king over them, to maintain justice and righteousness.”
57. Nehemiah 9:33 “Every time you punished us you were being just. We have sinned greatly, and you gave us only what we deserved.”
58. Genesis 18:19 “For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the Lord, to do justice and judgment; that the Lord may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.”
59. 1 Kings 10:9 “Blessed be the Lord your God who delighted in you to put you on the throne of Israel; because the Lord loves Israel forever, He made you king, to do justice and righteousness.”
60. Deuteronomy 33:21 “And he provided the first part for himself, because there, in a portion of the lawgiver, was he seated; and he came with the heads of the people, he executed the justice of the Lord, and his judgments with Israel.”
61. 2 Samuel 15:4 “And Absalom would add, “If only I were appointed judge in the land! Then everyone who has a complaint or case could come to me and I would see that they receive justice.”
62. Jeremiah 31:23 “Thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel: “They shall again use this speech in the land of Judah and in its cities, when I bring back their captivity: ‘The Lord bless you, O home of justice, and mountain of holiness!”
Psalm 7:11 God is an honest judge. He is angry with the wicked every day.