Bible verses about fairness
God is fair and He is an honest judge and just like any honest judge He has to judge sin, He can’t let the guilty go free. In a way He is unjust because on earth He doesn’t treat us as our sins deserve. God is holy and a holy just God must punish sin and that means hell fire.
Jesus Christ was crushed for our sins and for all who accept Him there is no condemnation, but sadly many people try to take advantage of this.
They never truly accept Christ and are rebellious towards the Word of God.
God has to fairly judge these people. God does hate evildoers. No matter how much you say you love Him if your life doesn’t show it you’re lying.
God doesn’t care who you are, how you look, or where you’re from, He treats us all the same. Be an imitator of God in life. Judge and treat others fairly and show no favoritism.
- “Fairness is such a valuable thing, that no money can buy it.” – Alain-Rene Lesage
- “Fairness is what justice really is.” Potter Stewart
God is just. He treats everyone fairly and shows no favoritism.
1. 2 Thessalonians 1:6 God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you
2. Psalm 9:8 He will judge the world with justice and rule the nations with fairness.
3. Job 8:3 Does God twist justice? Does the Almighty twist what is right?
4. Acts 10:34-35 Then Peter replied, “I see very clearly that God shows no favoritism. In every nation he accepts those who fear him and do what is right. This is the message of Good News for the people of Israel–that there is peace with God through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all.”
Fair people in Heaven.
5. Isaiah 33:14-17 The sinners in Jerusalem shake with fear. Terror seizes the godless. “Who can live with this devouring fire?” they cry. “Who can survive this all-consuming fire?” Those who are honest and fair, who refuse to profit by fraud, who stay far away from bribes, who refuse to listen to those who plot murder, who shut their eyes to all enticement to do wrong– these are the ones who will dwell on high. The rocks of the mountains will be their fortress. Food will be supplied to them, and they will have water in abundance. Your eyes will see the king in all his splendor, and you will see a land that stretches into the distance.
We know that sometimes life is not always fair.
6. Ecclesiastes 9:11 Again, I observed this on the earth: the race is not always won by the swiftest, the battle is not always won by the strongest; prosperity does not always belong to those who are the wisest, wealth does not always belong to those who are the most discerning, nor does success always come to those with the most knowledge–for time and chance may overcome them all.
Fairness in business deals.
7. Proverbs 11:1-3 The LORD detests the use of dishonest scales, but he delights in accurate weights. Pride leads to disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom. Honesty guides good people; dishonesty destroys treacherous people.
Follow God’s example
8. James 2:1-4 My brothers and sisters, believers in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ must not show favoritism. Suppose a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and fine clothes, and a poor man in filthy old clothes also comes in. If you show special attention to the man wearing fine clothes and say, “Here’s a good seat for you,” but say to the poor man, “You stand there” or “Sit on the floor by my feet,” have you not discriminated among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?
9. Leviticus 19:15 Do not pervert justice; do not show partiality to the poor or favoritism to the great, but judge your neighbor fairly.
10. Proverbs 31:9 Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.
11. Leviticus 25:17 Do not take advantage of each other, but fear your God. I am the LORD your God.
11. Colossians 3:24-25 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.
12. Proverbs 2:6-9 For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding; he stores up sound wisdom for the upright; he is a shield to those who walk in integrity, guarding the paths of justice and watching over the way of his saints. Then you will understand righteousness and justice and equity, every good path;
13. Psalm 103:10 he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities.
14. Psalm 7:11 God is an honest judge. He is angry with the wicked every day.
15. Psalm 106:3 Blessed are they who observe justice, who do righteousness at all times!