Bible verses about divination
Divination is seeking knowledge of the future by supernatural means. Watch out for people who claim that divination is not prohibited in Scripture because it clearly is. In many churches today there is divination being practiced. If you go to a church who practices this satanic garbage you must leave that church immediately. It is an abomination to God and anyone who practices it will be thrown into Hell. We must trust in the Lord and the Lord only. Things of the occult come from Satan. They bring demons, it may seem safe, but it is extremely dangerous and Christians are to have no part of it. Black magic, fortune-telling, necromancy, voodoo, and tarot cards are all evil and demonic and nothing from the devil is ever good.
What does the Bible say?
1. Leviticus 19:24-32 In the fourth year the fruit from the tree will be the Lord’s, a holy offering of praise to him. Then in the fifth year, you may eat the fruit from the tree. The tree will then produce more fruit for you. I am the Lord your God. “‘You must not eat anything with the blood in it. “‘You must not try to tell the future by signs or black magic. “‘You must not cut the hair on the sides of your heads or cut the edges of your beard. You must not cut your body to show sadness for someone who died or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the Lord. “‘Do not dishonor your daughter by making her become a prostitute. If you do this, the country will be filled with all kinds of sin. “‘Obey the laws about Sabbaths, and respect my Most Holy Place. I am the Lord. “‘Do not go to mediums or fortune-tellers for advice, or you will become unclean. I am the Lord your God. “‘Show respect to old people; stand up in their presence. Show respect also to your God. I am the Lord.
2. Deuteronomy 18:9-15 When you enter the land the Lord your God is giving you, don’t learn to do the hateful things the other nations do. Don’t let anyone among you offer a son or daughter as a sacrifice in the fire. Don’t let anyone use magic or witchcraft, or try to explain the meaning of signs. Don’t let anyone try to control others with magic, and don’t let them be mediums or try to talk with the spirits of dead people. The Lord hates anyone who does these things. Because the other nations do these things, the Lord your God will force them out of the land ahead of you. But you must be innocent in the presence of the Lord your God. The nations you will force out listen to people who use magic and witchcraft, but the Lord your God will not let you do those things. The Lord your God will give you a prophet like me, who is one of your own people. Listen to him.
3. Leviticus 19:30-31 “Observe my days of rest as holy days and respect my holy tent. I am the Lord. “Don’t turn to psychics or mediums to get help. That will make you unclean. I am the Lord your God.
4. Jeremiah 27:9-10 So do not listen to your prophets, your diviners, your interpreters of dreams, your mediums or your sorcerers who tell you, ‘You will not serve the king of Babylon.’ They prophesy lies to you that will only serve to remove you far from your lands; I will banish you and you will perish.
Put to death
5. Exodus 22:18-19 “Never let a witch live. ““Whoever lies with an animal shall be put to death.
6. 1 Samuel 15:23 For rebellion is as the sin of divination, and presumption is as iniquity and idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the LORD, he has also rejected you from being king.”
7. 2 Corinthians 6:17-18 “So come away from those people and separate yourselves from them, says the Lord. Don’t touch anything that is not clean, and I will accept you.” I will be your father, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord All-Powerful.”
Don’t join evil
8. 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12 So God will send them something powerful that leads them away from the truth and causes them to believe a lie. They will all be condemned because they did not believe the truth and because they enjoyed doing evil.
9. Ephesians 5:11-13 Have no part in the things that people in darkness do, which produce nothing good. Instead, tell everyone how wrong those things are. Actually, it is shameful to even talk about the things those people do in secret. But the light makes clear how wrong those things are.
10. Proverbs 1:10 My child, if sinners entice you, turn your back on them!
11. Galatians 5:17-24 For the flesh has desires that are opposed to the Spirit, and the Spirit has desires that are opposed to the flesh, for these are in opposition to each other, so that you cannot do what you want. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. Now the works of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity, depravity, idolatry, sorcery, hostilities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish rivalries, dissensions, factions,envying, murder, drunkenness, carousing, and similar things. I am warning you, as I had warned you before: Those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God! But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Now those who belong to Christ have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
12. James 1:5-6 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
13. Isaiah 2:5-8 Come, descendants of Jacob, let us walk in the light of the Lord. You, Lord, have abandoned your people, the descendants of Jacob. They are full of superstitions from the East; they practice divination like the Philistines and embrace pagan customs. Their land is full of silver and gold; there is no end to their treasures. Their land is full of horses; there is no end to their chariots. Their land is full of idols; they bow down to the work of their hands, to what their fingers have made.
14. Acts 16:16-19 Once, while we were going to the place for prayer, a servant girl met us. She had a special spirit in her, and she earned a lot of money for her owners by telling fortunes. This girl followed Paul and us, shouting, “These men are servants of the Most High God. They are telling you how you can be saved.” She kept this up for many days. This bothered Paul, so he turned and said to the spirit, “By the power of Jesus Christ, I command you to come out of her!” Immediately, the spirit came out. When the owners of the servant girl saw this, they knew that now they could not use her to make money. So they grabbed Paul and Silas and dragged them before the city rulers in the marketplace.
15. Numbers 23:22-24 From Egypt God brought them— his strength was like a wild ox! No Satanic plan against Jacob nor divination against Israel can ever prevail. When the time is right, it is to be asked about Jacob and Israel, ‘What has God accomplished?’ Look! The people are like lions. Like the lion, he rises up! He does not lie down again until he has consumed his prey and drunk the blood of the slain.”
16. 2 Chronicles 33:4-7 The Lord had said about the Temple, “I will be worshiped in Jerusalem forever,” but Manasseh built altars in the Temple of the Lord. He built altars to worship the stars in the two courtyards of the Temple of the Lord. He made his children pass through fire in the Valley of Ben Hinnom. He practiced magic and witchcraft and told the future by explaining signs and dreams. He got advice from mediums and fortune-tellers. He did many things the Lord said were wrong, which made the Lord angry. Manasseh carved an idol and put it in the Temple of God. God had said to David and his son Solomon about the Temple, “I will be worshiped forever in this Temple and in Jerusalem, which I have chosen from all the tribes of Israel.
17. 2 Kings 21:6 And he burned his son as an offering and used fortune-telling and omens and dealt with mediums and with necromancers. He did much evil in the sight of the Lord, provoking him to anger.
18. 2 Kings 17:16-17 They abandoned all of the commands given by the Lord their God, crafted for themselves cast images of two calves, constructed an Asherah, worshipped all of the stars in heaven, and served Baal. They passed their sons and daughters through fire, practiced divination, cast spells, and sold themselves to practice what the Lord considered to be evil, thereby provoking him.
19. Jeremiah 14:14 And the Lord said to me: “The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I did not send them, nor did I command them or speak to them. They are prophesying to you a lying vision, worthless divination, and the deceit of their own minds. Therefore this is what the LORD says about the prophets who are prophesying in my name: I did not send them, yet they are saying, ‘No sword or famine will touch this land.’ Those same prophets will perish by sword and famine.
20. Genesis 44:3-5 As morning dawned, the men were sent on their way with their donkeys. They had not gone far from the city when Joseph said to his steward, “Go after those men at once, and when you catch up with them, say to them, ‘Why have you repaid good with evil? Isn’t this the cup my master drinks from and also uses for divination? This is a wicked thing you have done.'”