Bible verses about astral projection
The occult practice of astral projection or an out of body experience is of the devil and it is clearly forbidden in Scripture. I am surprised at the number of people who actually try to defend this. Sorcery has always been an abomination to God. Practicing things of the occult are very dangerous and they can open up your body to demons.
Christians are to stay away from evil. There are some people who have itching ears to hear what is false, so they search ways to justify their rebellion. In 2 Corinthians Paul seems to have an out of body experience, but remember there is a difference between God prompting something and voluntarily practicing things of the occult. There is a difference between being controlled by the Holy Spirit and being controlled by an ungodly spirit.
Voluntary out of body experience.
- Practicing sorcery and divination.
Involuntary out of body experience or near death experience.
- Someone claiming to have died, but could hear the conversations of others around him.
- Someone who says they died, went to Heaven, and came back.
1. Leviticus 19:26 “You are not to eat anything containing blood, engage in occult practices, or practice fortune telling.”
2. Galatians 5:19-24 When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God. But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things! Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there.
3. Leviticus 20:6-7 I will be against anyone who goes to mediums and wizards for advice. Whoever does this is being unfaithful to me. So I will separate them from their people. Be special. Make yourselves holy, because I am the Lord your God.
4. Deuteronomy 18:10-14 Don’t sacrifice your children in the fires on your altars; and don’t let your people practice divination or look for omens or use spells or charms, and don’t let them consult the spirits of the dead. The Lord your God hates people who do these disgusting things, and that is why he is driving those nations out of the land as you advance. Be completely faithful to the Lord. Then Moses said, “In the land you are about to occupy, people follow the advice of those who practice divination and look for omens, but the Lord your God does not allow you to do this.”
5. 2 Chronicles 33:6 And he burned his sons as an offering in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, and used fortune-telling and omens and sorcery, and dealt with mediums and with necromancers. He did much evil in the sight of the LORD, provoking him to anger. And the carved image of the idol that he had made he set in the house of God, of which God said to David and to Solomon his son, “In this house, and in Jerusalem, which I have chosen out of all the tribes of Israel, I will put my name forever.”
These verses do not justify practicing what is clearly forbidden and evil.
6. 2 Corinthians 12:1-6 I must boast, although it does not do any good. Let’s talk about visions and revelations from the Lord. I know a man who belongs to the Messiah. Fourteen years ago—whether in his body or outside of his body, I do not know, but God knows—that man was snatched away to the third heaven. I know that this man—(whether in his body or outside of his body, I do not know, but God knows) was snatched away to Paradise and heard things that cannot be expressed in words, things that no human being has a right even to mention. I will boast about this man, but as for myself I will boast only about my weaknesses. However, if I did want to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be telling the truth. But I am not going to do it in order to keep anyone from thinking more of me than what he sees and hears about me.
7. Revelation 4:1-3 After these things, I saw a door standing open in heaven. The first voice that I had heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must happen after this.” Instantly I was in the Spirit, and I saw a throne in heaven with a person seated on the throne. The person sitting there looked like jasper and carnelian, and there was a rainbow around the throne that looked like an emerald.
8. 2 Timothy 4:2-4 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
Be careful Satan is very crafty.
9. Genesis 3:1 Now the serpent was more crafty than any other beast of the field that the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God actually say, ‘You shall not eat of any tree in the garden’?”
10. Ephesians 6:11-13 Clothe yourselves with the full armor of God so that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens. For this reason, take up the full armor of God so that you may be able to stand your ground on the evil day, and having done everything, to stand.
1 John 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.