Bible verses about secret sins
There is no such thing as hidden sin. Trying to hide sin from God is like running from your shadow you can never get away. You can’t run away from God because he knows everything. Your family and friends might not know about your secret sin, but God knows. All the skeletons in your closet should be confessed because unconfessed sin can block you from God.
The other dangerous thing about trying to hide your sins is that you might think you’re getting away with it and that leads to deliberately sinning and backsliding, which is deadly and something that no Christian should do.
Be happy God knows all your sins because that’s a reminder He is always with you. Lay down that burden. Confess your sins today!
What does the Bible say?
1. Proverbs 28:13 “If you hide your sins, you will not succeed. If you confess and reject them, you will receive mercy.” (mercy verses)
2. Psalm 69:5 “God, you know what I have done wrong; I cannot hide my guilt from you.” (Guilt in the Bible)
3. Psalm 44:20-21 “If we had forgotten the name of our God or lifted our hands to a foreign god, wouldn’t God find out since he knows the secrets of the heart?”
4. Psalm 90:8 “You have set our wrong-doing before You, our secret sins in the light of Your face.”
5. Numbers 32:23 “But if you don’t do these things, you will be sinning against the Lord; know for sure that you will be punished for your sin.”
God knows everything about you and He is always watching you.
6. Jeremiah 16:17-18 “I see everything they do. They cannot hide from me the things they do; their sin is not hidden from my eyes. I will pay back the people of Judah twice for every one of their sins, because they have made my land unclean. They have filled my country with their hateful idols.” (Idolatry in the Bible)
7. Psalm 139:1-2 “Lord, you have examined me and know all about me. You know when I sit down and when I get up. You know my thoughts before I think them.”
8. Psalm 139:3-7 “You know where I go and where I lie down. You know everything I do. Lord, even before I say a word, you already know it. You are all around me—in front and in back— and have put your hand on me. Your knowledge is amazing to me; it is more than I can understand. Where can I go to get away from your Spirit? Where can I run from you?” (God Bible verses)
9. Luke 12:1-2 “So many thousands of people had gathered that they were stepping on each other. Jesus spoke first to his followers, saying, “Beware of the yeast of the Pharisees, because they are hypocrites. Everything that is hidden will be shown, and everything that is secret will be made known.”
10. Hebrews 4:12-13 “God’s word is alive and working and is sharper than a double-edged sword. It cuts all the way into us, where the soul and the spirit are joined, to the center of our joints and bones. And it judges the thoughts and feelings in our hearts. Nothing in all the world can be hidden from God. Everything is clear and lies open before him, and to him we must explain the way we have lived.”
The danger of unconfessed sin
11. Isaiah 59:1-2 “Surely the Lord’s power is enough to save you. He can hear you when you ask him for help. It is your evil that has separated you from your God. Your sins cause him to turn away from you, so he does not hear you.”
12. Psalm 66:18-19 “If I had harbored sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened. However, God heard; he listened to my prayer.”
Repent of the hidden sins you don’t know about.
13. Psalm 19:12 “How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart? Cleanse me from these hidden faults.”
Repent: Turn away and follow Christ.
14. 1 John 1:9 “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” (Repentance in the Bible)
15. 2 Chronicles 7:14 “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”
Bonus: Don’t deny your sins. See it as God sees it.
Isaiah 55:8-9 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”