Bible verses about Mormons
The things you hear from false teachers and heretics like Joel Osteen are false. There are so many Scriptures against Mormonism. While most Mormons are morally good people. They do not hold to the essentials of the Christian faith, which means that they are not Christians. They try to make themselves appear to be good and they do this and that, but Mormonism is a cult which started less than 200 years ago by a man named Joseph Smith. He claimed to have been visited by God even though God cannot be seen.
The Latter Day Saints are saved by works, they say God was a man on another planet who became God. How do you call the Creator of all, the creation? They say God had a wife. They say God created Jesus and Satan with His wives which makes them spirit brothers. They deny Jesus alone for salvation, they deny the Biblical teachings of the Holy Spirit. Mormons deny the Trinity.
They say you can become a God, they make gods, it is blasphemy. We were warned this would happen. They are deceived and we can see from their false teachings that the LDS Church is a false religion and a clear non-Christian cult. Joseph Smith was a false Prophet who is in hell right now and if his followers don’t repent and trust in Jesus alone for salvation, they will meet him. The Bible alone is the Word of God.
Joseph Smith quotes
- “I have more to boast of than ever any man had. I am the only man that has ever been able to keep a whole church together since the days of Adam. A large majority of the whole have stood by me. Neither Paul, John, Peter, nor Jesus ever did it. I boast that no man ever did such a work as I The followers of Jesus ran away from Him; but the Latter-day Saints never ran away from me yet.”
- “We have imagined and supposed that God was God from all eternity. I will refute that idea, and take away the veil, so that you may see.”
- “I told the brethren that the Book of Mormon was the most correct of any book on earth.”
Mormonism is not Christian
1. Galatians 1:8-9 But even if we or an angel from heaven should proclaim to you a gospel contrary to what we proclaimed to you, let that person be condemned! What we have told you in the past I am now telling you again: If anyone proclaims to you a gospel contrary to what you received, let that person be condemned!
2. Matthew 24:24-25 False messiahs and false prophets will come and do great miracles and wonders, trying to fool the people God has chosen, if that is possible. Now I have warned you about this before it happens.
3. 2 Corinthians 11:4-6 For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the Spirit you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough. I do not think I am in the least inferior to those “super-apostles.” I may indeed be untrained as a speaker, but I do have knowledge. We have made this perfectly clear to you in every way.
4. 1 Timothy 4:1 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.
5. 1 John 4:1-2 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God.
6. 2 Peter 2:1-2 But there were false teachers among the people. And there will be false teachers among you also. These people will work in secret ways to bring false teaching to you. They will turn against Christ Who bought them with His blood. They bring fast death on themselves. Many people will follow their wrong ways. Because of what they do, people will speak bad things against the way of truth.
7. Matthew 7:15-16 Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?
Joseph Smith claimed to see God
8. 1 Timothy 6:15-16 which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen.
They are saved by their works
9. Ephesians 2:6-9 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.
10. Romans 3:22-26 namely, the righteousness of God through the faithfulness of Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. But they are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus. God publicly displayed him at his death as the mercy seat accessible through faith. This was to demonstrate his righteousness, because God in his forbearance had passed over the sins previously committed. This was also to demonstrate his righteousness in the present time, so that he would be just and the justifier of the one who lives because of Jesus’ faithfulness.
They say God was once a man and they deny that Jesus is God in the flesh.
11. Malachi 3:6 For I the LORD do not change; therefore you, O children of Jacob, are not consumed.
12. John 1:1-4 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.
13. John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
14. John 10:30-34 I and the Father are one.” Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?” “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.” Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”
15. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for showing people what is wrong in their lives, for correcting faults, and for teaching how to live right. Using the Scriptures, the person who serves God will be capable, having all that is needed to do every good work.
John 14:6-7 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”