Bible verses about false converts
The true gospel is not being preached today, which is a huge reason why we have an enormous amount of false conversions. In today’s gospel there is no repentance. Usually someone prays a prayer they don’t understand and some sorry excuse for a preacher comes and says do you believe in Jesus and that’s it. These huge counterfeit conversions is why worldly and sinful things are going on in the church today. Fake Christians are saying legalism to everything! There is a reason so many Christians look and act like the world because most likely they are not Christians. All you hear in today’s Christianity is love, love, and love. There is nothing about God’s wrath and there is nothing about turning away from your sins. This is ridiculous!
False converts are not willing to die to self. They love taking God’s name in vain by the way they live. God’s Word means nothing in their lives. They go to church for the wrong reasons. Many times people will go to a conference and leave thinking I’m saved. If those people start to walk with Christ, but instead of continuing they turn away, then they never started in the first place. It was only emotion. We need to stop playing Christianity and go back to the truths. Many people who believe they are children of God are going to hell today. Please don’t let it be you!
You must count the cost and the cost of accepting Christ is your life.
1. Luke 14:26-30 “If you come to me but will not leave your family, you cannot be my follower. You must love me more than your father, mother, wife, children, brothers, and sisters—even more than your own life! Whoever will not carry the cross that is given to them when they follow me cannot be my follower. “If you wanted to build a building, you would first sit down and decide how much it would cost. You must see if you have enough money to finish the job. If you don’t do that, you might begin the work, but you would not be able to finish. And if you could not finish it, everyone would laugh at you. They would say, ‘This man began to build, but he was not able to finish.’
They fall away. As soon as Jesus messes up the life they want to keep or they get into trials and persecution they’re gone.
2. Mark 4:16-17 The seed on the rocky soil represents those who hear the message and immediately receive it with joy. But since they don’t have deep roots, they don’t last long. They fall away as soon as they have problems or are persecuted for believing God’s word.
3. 1 John 2:18-19 Little children, it is the last hour. Just as you heard that an antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have appeared. This is how we know it is the last hour. They left us, but they were not part of us, for if they had been part of us, they would have stayed with us. Their leaving made it clear that none of them was really part of us.
4. Matthew 11:6 Blessed is anyone who does not stumble on account of me.”
5. Matthew 24:9-10 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other
They love the world and do not want to separate from it. Even in their prayers it’s all about me and my worldly desires and then when God doesn’t answer their selfish prayers they get bitter and say things like God doesn’t answer prayers.
6. 1 John 2:15-17 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
7. James 4:4 You unfaithful people! Don’t you know that love for this [evil] world is hatred toward God? Whoever wants to be a friend of this world is an enemy of God.
8. John 15:19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.
They don’t come to Christ with all their hearts.
9. Matthew 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
They twist Scripture to justify sin.
10. 2 Timothy 4:3-4 For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear. They will reject the truth and chase after myths.
False converts stand up for Satan and tell God shut up because they condone things that God hates such as homosexuality.
11. Psalm 119:104 Your commandments give me understanding; no wonder I hate every false way of life.
They bear no fruit: They have no repentance and no brokenness over sin or the price that has been paid for them. They will not turn from their sin and worldly ways.
12. Matthew 3:7-8 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to his baptism, he said unto them, Ye offspring of vipers, who warned you to flee from the wrath to come? Bring forth therefore fruit worthy of repentance
13. Luke 14:33-34″So then, none of you can be My disciple who does not give up all his own possessions. “Therefore, salt is good; but if even salt has become tasteless, with what will it be seasoned?
14. Psalm 51:17 My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart you, God, will not despise.
God’s Word means nothing to them.
15. Matthew 7:21-23 “Not everyone who calls me Lord will enter God’s kingdom. The only people who will enter are those who do what my Father in heaven wants. On that last Day many will call me Lord. They will say, ‘Lord, Lord, by the power of your name we spoke for God. And by your name we forced out demons and did many miracles.’ Then I will tell those people clearly, ‘Get away from me, you people who do wrong. I never knew you.’
16. John 14:23-24 Jesus answered and said to him, “Whoever loves me will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him. Whoever does not love me does not keep my words; yet the word you hear is not mine but that of the Father who sent me.
17. 1 John 1:6-7 If we claim that we have fellowship with him but keep living in darkness, we are lying and not practicing the truth. But if we keep living in the light as he himself is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.
I talked to many people who claim to be converted, but could not tell me the gospel. How can you be saved by a gospel you don’t know?
18. 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures,that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures.
They think they are good. You can ask many of them why should God let you in Heaven? They will say, “because I’m good.”
19. Romans 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
When you talk about sin they say do not judge or legalism.
20. Ephesians 5:11 Take no part in the worthless deeds of evil and darkness; instead, expose them.
People who had no business preaching started preaching a defective gospel and never stood up against sin. They never stood up because they were trying to build big churches. Now the church is filled with demonic believers.
21. Matthew 7:15-16 “Beware of false prophets who come disguised as harmless sheep but are really vicious wolves. You can identify them by their fruit, that is, by the way they act. Can you pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?
22. 2 Peter 2:2 Many will follow their evil teaching and shameful immorality. And because of these teachers, the way of truth will be slandered.
False conversion of Simon.
23. Acts 8:12-22 But when they believed Philip preaching the good news about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were being baptized, men and women alike. Even Simon himself believed; and after being baptized, he continued on with Philip, and as he observed signs and great miracles taking place, he was constantly amazed. Now when the apostles in Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent them Peter and John, who came down and prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit. For He had not yet fallen upon any of them; they had simply been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. Then they began laying their hands on them, and they were receiving the Holy Spirit. Now when Simon saw that the Spirit was bestowed through the laying on of the apostles’ hands, he offered them money, saying, “Give this authority to me as well, so that everyone on whom I lay my hands may receive the Holy Spirit.” But Peter said to him, “May your silver perish with you, because you thought you could obtain the gift of God with money! You have no part or portion in this matter, for your heart is not right before God. Therefore repent of this wickedness of yours, and pray the Lord that, if possible, the intention of your heart may be forgiven you.
False conversion of the Jews.
24. John 8:52-55 The Jews said to Him, “Now we know that You have a demon. Abraham died, and the prophets also; and You say, ‘If anyone keeps My word, he will never taste of death.’ “Surely You are not greater than our father Abraham, who died? The prophets died too; whom do You make Yourself out to be?” Jesus answered, “If I glorify Myself, My glory is nothing; it is My Father who glorifies Me, of whom you say, ‘He is our God’; and you have not come to know Him, but I know Him; and if I say that I do not know Him, I will be a liar like you, but I do know Him and keep His word.
Reminder: Do you see God working in your life to conform you into the image of Christ. The sins you once loved do you hate? Are you growing in sanctification? Do you trust in Christ alone for salvation? Do you have new affections for Christ?
25. 2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you fail to meet the test!