Bible verses about exposing evil
It absolutely saddens and disgusts me by the amount of fake Christians in Christianity. Most people who call themselves Christians in America will be thrown into hell. They’re rebellious towards the Word of God and when someone rebukes them they say, “thou shall not judge.”
First, that verse is talking about hypocritical judging. Second, if you live a continuous sinful lifestyle you’re not a true Christian because you’re supposed to be a new creation. I’ve even heard someone say, “I don’t care if she is a satanist don’t judge anyone” I literally almost caught a heart attack.
People don’t like their evil exposed and people don’t like you exposing anyone else so you don’t expose them. These so-called believers today will go against God’s Word and stand up for the devil and fight against God by condoning and supporting wickedness. An example of this is the many so-called Christian homosexuality supporters. How can you love what God hates?
How can you love music that blasphemes God? You’re nothing without God. Isn’t He your Father? How can you go against Him and stand up for Satan?
You are to hate everything that God hates. Every biblical leader stood up against evil and many even lost their lives for speaking against it. There is a reason Jesus says true believers will be hated and persecuted. If you desire to live a godly life you will be persecuted and there is no way around it.
That is why many believers stay quiet whenever they’re on the hot seat they hush up in fear of man. Jesus spoke up, Stephen spoke up, Paul spoke up so why are we quiet? We must not be afraid to rebuke others. If someone is going astray from Christ are you going to be silent so they won’t hate you or are you going to humbly and lovingly say something?
The Holy Spirit will convict the world of its sins. If we stop defending Christianity, exposing evil, rebuking false teachers, and confronting believers we will have more people lost and led astray. More people will believe false teachings I mean look how many people twist “thou shall not judge.”
When you remain quiet then you start joining wickedness and remember God is not mocked. Stop being part of the world, expose it instead and save lives. The person who truly loves Christ is the one who’s going to stand up for Christ no matter if they lose friends, family, or if the world hates us. The people who hate Christ are going to read this and say, “stop judging.”
What does the Bible say?
1. Ephesians 5:11-12 Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. It is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret.
2. Psalm 94:16 Who will rise up for me against the wicked? Who will stand for me against those who practice iniquity?
3. John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
4. Titus 1:10-13 For there are many who are insubordinate, empty talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision party. They must be silenced, since they are upsetting whole families by teaching for shameful gain what they ought not to teach. One of the Cretans, a prophet of their own, said, Cretans are always liars, evil beasts, lazy gluttons. This testimony is true. Therefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith.
5. 1 Corinthians 6:2 Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you incompetent to try trivial cases?
Do you allow your brothers to go down a dark path and remain rebellious towards the Word of God? Have courage and rebuke, but do it kindly, humbly, and gently.
6. James 5:20 let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.
7. Galatians 6:1 Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted.
8. Matthew 18:15-17 If your brother sins against you, go and confront him while the two of you are alone. If he listens to you, you have won back your brother. But if he doesn’t listen, take one or two others with you so that ‘every word may be confirmed by the testimony of two or three witnesses. If, however, he ignores them, tell it to the congregation. If he also ignores the congregation, regard him as an unbeliever and a tax collector.
The sin of being silent.
9. Ezekiel 3:18-19 If I say to the wicked, “You shall surely die,” and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, in order to save his life, that wicked person shall die for his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand. But if you warn the wicked, and he does not turn from his wickedness, or from his wicked way, he shall die for his iniquity, but you will have delivered your soul.
How can you justify the wicked and stand up for the devil rather than God? How can you call what goes against God’s Word good? How can you love what God hates? Whose side are you on?
10. Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.
11. James 4:4 You adulterers! Don’t you know that friendship with the world means hostility with God? So whoever wants to be a friend of this world is an enemy of God.
12. 1 Corinthians 10:20-21 No, I imply that what pagans sacrifice they offer to demons and not to God. I do not want you to be participants with demons. You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons. You cannot partake of the table of the Lord and the table of demons.
13. 1 John 2:15 Stop loving the world and the things that are in the world. If anyone persists in loving the world, the Father’s love is not in him.
14. John 3:20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed.
15. John 4: 1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.
16. Matthew 7:21-23 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
17. Matthew 12:34 You brood of vipers! How can you speak good, when you are evil? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
18. Matthew 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to his baptism, he said to them, “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come?”
19. Acts 13:9-10 Then Saul, who was also called Paul, filled with the Holy Spirit, looked straight at Elymas and said, “You are a child of the devil and an enemy of everything that is right! You are full of all kinds of deceit and trickery. Will you never stop perverting the right ways of the Lord?”
20. 1 Corinthians 3:1 Brothers and sisters, I could not address you as people who live by the Spirit but as people who are still worldly–mere infants in Christ.
21. 1 Corinthians 5:1-2 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that is not tolerated even among pagans, for a man has his father’s wife. And you are arrogant! Ought you not rather to mourn? Let him who has done this be removed from among you.
22. Galatians 2:11-14 But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned. For before certain men came from James, he was eating with the Gentiles; but when they came he drew back and separated himself, fearing the circumcision party. And the rest of the Jews acted hypocritically along with him, so that even Barnabas was led astray by their hypocrisy. But when I saw that their conduct was not in step with the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas before them all, “If you, though a Jew, live like a Gentile and not like a Jew, how can you force the Gentiles to live like Jews?”
Hi Fritz, I enjoyed this read but wanted to add a different perspective.
This is a stubborn and rebellious generation. Bad is promoted as good and Good as evil. So yes, we do have to stand up for God and we will be persecuted because of it.
But, I wonder if the reason that most Christians don’t rebuke others in their sin is because of guilt or possibly even shame.
What comes to mind is Matthew 7:3,4 NIV: “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?”
We are all sinners who our Lord Christ died for, and so often when you correct a fake Christian (or non-believer) it’s because they LOVE their own sin and so they WILL take offense and point the finger back at your own mistakes. Though you have repented for them, this means nothing to the fake Christian, so therefore, you now look the hypocrite; and for new or immature believers they may still be at the stage where they are learning to trust the Lord, and therefore still cling to guilt and shame.
I think most true believers (by the power of the Holy Spirit) are aware of (and hate) the sin they commit. Even though it is not willful sin, it still feels gross and they probably don’t like satan throwing it in their face after they’ve repented and are trusting in the Lord to rid them of it. Of course this is an issue of fear, love of man/idolatry, and pride, which are even deeper sins that most people do not ever address in themselves, but that’s another story.
I think when they learn that man’s opinion of their repented sin means nothing because the blood of Jesus and God’s forgiveness has made them right, then they will begin to speak up more to get willful sinners to welcome and allow the Holy Spirit to convict them of their sins, and repent.
I just wanted to provide a different perspective on it for some extra insight.
I agree that we should all be willing to lovingly guide our sisters and brothers and stand for Christ in all matters, even at the risk of losing loved ones, reputation, and livelihood, but that requires spiritual maturity and sadly not everyone is seeking it, and then some are still in the process of growing.
I appreciate the scriptural references you’ve included. I’m still reading your other articles. Keep up the great work building the kingdom.
I so agree with you Rhonda; fear and pride is what keeps us from reaching out and standing up for righteousness. Fear of past repented sin is far greater than wanting to help an erring brother or sister. Father let love be the governor of our hearts that would help others to come to repentance, that would lead them to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. In Jesus name, amen
I really appreciate this write up and I thank you for you and I who know the truth, but these days the truth is being covered. It’s like we’re not allowed to talk about it, especially in the mist of so called christians. May God deliver His church in Jesus name.
I love this article and I feel so happy to hear I’m not all alone on my journey with God. I want to share that I committed a terrible sin many years ago to my Son when I was under Satan’s power living in darkness! I was so ridden with guilt because I also helped open the door to evil in my Sins life. Now since 2014 as I finally was Born again to Christ I have been struggling with some guilt still while trying to pull my son out of darkness. I had only added salt to the injury while I was still being cleansed in the blood of Christ! It is Very hard to teach or try to teach your child goodness an righteous when you were part of the culprit that led him astray in the first place! My heart is so broken and all I can do is stay obedient and Trust in Our Lord to bring him back to a mother who now walks in light with Gods truth! Thank you for this AWESOME article and for adding strength to my weary heart. God bless you and Peace be with you Shalom
True Christians won’t fear their own mistakes being pointed out. If they have not rectified them, then this gives them a chance to do so!
We live in a dramatically heightened, politically driven & motivated self entitled time, everyone has a right (except Christians), you can identify yourself as a leprechaun and demand to be accepted in today’s snowflake society!! This has all been prophesied thousands of years ago, and we are living it now! Most of us attend compromised ‘churches’ that have been either sprinkled or saturated with paganism, and most of us refuse to either talk about it or refute it, it is quite discouraging to say the least…. we live in a time of ‘tickling of the ears’ to make us feel comfortable and confident in ‘church’ God forbid if anyone of us would correct the false practices and teachings that are so dominant in our ‘churches’ today, it is very sad…. all for what? Just as the above article speaks truth of.
Thanks brother for a bold truthful word.
I totally agree with what the brother has said and I agree with your assessment as well. I also believe that most professing Christian’s do not ” fear” God enough to accept the Words of God ” be ye holy for I am holy” ; be ye perfect just as your Father in heaven is perfect.” When we accept Christ Jesus as our Savior we are given a new heart by God Himself; a new heart of flesh and a heart that will fear, love, obey and love others as ourselves. So whatever God commands of us , we should obey with the mind of Christ Jesus. I surrendered to Christ Jesus at yrs old and I am 59 so I love our Heavenly Father and the Holy Trinity so much that I hate sin and I don’t want to hurt The Lord by continuing in sin!
First of all I want to thank you for all the wisdom that is here to read. Second as I was reading the comments about
the reality of our own sins standing in the way of speaking
to others standing in the way a thought came to me. Every
day we should be working on becoming more like Christ
which is not an overnight process and there is many things
to help us do this. What came to my mind so clearly was
when we take communion, we search our souls to see if there is something or someone we need to ask for forgiveness and also ask God to bring to mind what we may have forgotten. So in prayer with God we ask for forgiveness for these things and take the bread for His body and the wine for His Blood, the covering for our sins.
I think it is still important to ask for forgiveness from the person you have trespassed against. They may not receive
your apology but God sees your heart. I have had to ask for forgiveness many times and still do, as it is said we are a work in progress. I find it easier now for I like being close
to my Heavenly Father. Don’t let the enemy scare you off,
search your thoughts. We need each other to stand against the deceptions that will cause each of us to wonder off the narrow path that leads to our precious loving God.
I am a sister in God,
You’re spot on here brother! People have a form of Godliness but are denying the power therein. What we see is a lot of powerless Christians, they are like Samson when he’d slept with Delilah they try to rouse themselves in times of trouble but have no power to fight because they have compromised themselves.
They’re badge wearing Christians who never make a stance against unrighteousness, but instead defend injustice and waffle about individual choice. The blatant fact
of the matter is they’re headed to hell. The road to Jesus is narrow but they want the all inclusive deal. The Lord is purifying His bride, he’s bringing judgement to the Church first, only those humble enough to repent will be partakers of heaven. They are clouds without water. The bible defines the true believer as having the fruit of the spirit and that these signs of power will follow those that believe, they are not overcomers and have no desire to overcome the world. They’ve been weighed in the balance and found wanting,as they have turned aside to fables God has turned them over to their delusions. We ourselves must guard our hearts and doctrines and persevere when judgement comes.
It’s so nice to see someone else out here who is standing staunchly for God’s word and not shirking it or trying to work around it. Thank you for telling it righteously and I am so happy to have been lead to your site. I get kicked by many so called ‘christian’ for doing the same, but that’s okay. I will continue on until it’s time for me to go home to Him. And to those who feel the need to put your two cents in…your opinion, your belief and your perspective don’t hold any water. It is ONLY God’s word that count. Period. I pray that you all will see that clearly someday…and soon. This is not up for a debate or argument. God has no interest in your ‘perspective’. Follow His Word only and do away with your own opinions and perspectives. This is where pride comes in and takes believers out at the knees. Don’t let that sinful prideful way have it’s say. Turn to God’s Word and renew and bathe yourself, your spirit with His Truth. Drown out the lies of the enemy. Defend the scriptures, not sinful selfish beliefs. Be of good cheer while walking in His Ways! Be a good example to others. Show other believers who are wavering, how to be the salt and light that we are commanded to be.
God bless you dear admin of this site! <3
Lisa well said.
Fritz great article on the body of Christ and where we need to take a stand for truth.
I found this post when searching for a particular scripture reference to answer a friend. I knew it was there but couldn’t remember where. I am so glad I found this though, because it expresses so much of what I have been trying to convey to her. I LOVE that you included the part about Christians and homosexuality because that is a BIG DEAL for her- she loves to point to that and abortion to how many believers are off course. Along with that, we’ve been talking about her unyielding support of Donald Trump and she challenged me to show her in Scripture where she is encouraged to “judge his conduct and walk” and how there is any way she could be “way off with this”, although he is a liar, a cheat and a bigot in every sense of the word. Now that I’ve pointed her to this post and so many of the verses you’ve highlighted, my prayer now is that the eyes of her understanding will be opened. Thanks again!
Your friend is right in supporting our president Donald Trump because a vote for him is a vote to uphold Gods values and the Bible. Don’t be ignorant and judge him on your personality preferences. He is pro God, pro life, and pro United States of America. Wake up do your research.
Amen to that, Cat. Couldn’t have said it better!
I agree with the author, however we must balance our righteous indignation with patience and mercy. We must always remember how merciful and longsuffering God has been with us, and so we should be longsuffering with others while we bear with them to try and restore them to the truth. Yes, sometimes a sleepwalking person needs a little slap on the face to wake up. Actually, many Christians do. It is an outright abomination what is called Christianity today. If Paul were here we would surely hear an earful.
Right on brother, I am fighting churchanity as well. The remnant of believers that are willing to stand against this culture are few but growing. Check out my new podcast, Remnant Revolution