Bible verses about conformity
We are not to try to make Christianity align with culture and the world. Did any Biblical leaders water down the gospel to be like the world? We are seeing more and more worldly Christians and churches. Why do you think many who say Lord Lord will be denied Heaven? We must be different from unbelievers and the many who profess to be Christian. Even though the world changes and gets more evil the gospel never changes. Many people are trying to justify themselves, but when in front of God there will be no excuses.
Things that are seen now in Christianity would have given people heart attacks 50 years ago. As believers we should not want to hear these smooth messages all the time. We should want to hear messages that make us feel uneasy.
Believers should be in an ongoing state of repentance. We must discipline ourselves. Has your mind changed? Scripture teaches us that we must renew our minds. Fill your mind with the Word instead of the world. Allow God to work in your life.
Allow God to break those idols that are holding you back. Allow God to conform you into the image of His Son. You know what’s holding you back. Cry out to God for more of His presence and a change in your life.
- “Saving faith and real converting grace will always produce some conformity to the image of Jesus.” J. C. Ryle
- “We cannot help conforming ourselves to what we love.” Francis de Sales
As believers in Christ we must not seek to act like the world.
1. James 4:4 Adulteresses! Don’t you know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? So whoever wants to be the world’s friend becomes God’s enemy.
2. Romans 12:1-2 Therefore I exhort you, brothers and sisters, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a sacrifice—alive, holy, and pleasing to God—which is your reasonable service. Do not be conformed to this present world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may test and approve what is the will of God—what is good and well-pleasing and perfect.
3. 1 John 2:15-17 Don’t love this evil world or the things in it. If you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you. This is all there is in the world: wanting to please our sinful selves, wanting the sinful things we see, and being too proud of what we have. But none of these comes from the Father. They come from the world. The world is passing away, and all the things that people want in the world are passing away. But whoever does what God wants will live forever.
4. Jeremiah 10:2 Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.
5. 2 Corinthians 6:17 “So come away from those people and separate yourselves from them, says the Lord. Don’t touch anything that is not clean, and I will accept you.
Jesus didn’t die so we could continue walking with the world.
6. Galatians 1:4 Jesus gave his life for our sins, just as God our Father planned, in order to rescue us from this evil world in which we live.
7. Ephesians 4:17 Therefore, I say this and testify in the Lord: You should no longer walk as the Gentiles walk, in the futility of their thoughts.
The difference between a believer and a non believer.
8. John 8:23 Jesus continued, “You are from below; I am from above. You belong to this world; I do not.
Don’t follow the crowd in worldliness.
9. Exodus 23:2 You are not to follow the majority in doing wrong, and you are not to testify in a lawsuit so as to follow the majority and pervert justice.
10. Proverbs 1:15 my son, do not walk in the way with them; hold back your foot from their paths.
11. Proverbs 4:14 Do not set foot on the path of the wicked or walk in the way of evildoers.
Expose evil don’t join it.
12. Ephesians 5:11 Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.
13. Proverbs 1:10 My son, if sinners lure you, do not go along.
Follow Jesus in holiness.
14. Luke 5:27-28 After this, Jesus went out and saw a tax collector by the name of Levi sitting at his tax booth. “Follow me,” Jesus said to him, and Levi got up, left everything and followed him.
We are not the same. We must conform our lives into the image of Christ.
15. Romans 8:29-30 because those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that his Son would be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.
16. Galatians 5:24-25 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified their corrupt nature along with its passions and desires. If we live by our spiritual nature, then our lives need to conform to our spiritual nature.
17. 1 Peter 1:14-15 As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct.
As a believer you must continue to deny yourself.
18. Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
19. Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
20. Titus 2:12 It trains us to renounce ungodly living and worldly passions so that we might live sensible, honest, and godly lives in the present age
We must keep our minds on the things of the Lord.
21. Colossians 3:1-2 Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth.
No one wants to hear messages about holiness anymore.
22. 2 Timothy 4:3-4 For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.