Bible verses about shacking up
Plain and simple Christians should not be shacking up. If Jesus was in front of your face you would not tell Him, “well I’m thinking about moving in with my girlfriend.” We are not here to do what we want to do and we’re not here to be like the world. You and I know moving in with the opposite sex would not please Christ even if you were not doing anything sexually.
You can’t justify yourself, God knows the heart. You can’t say, “we need to see if we’re compatible, we need to save money, I love him/her, he’s going to leave me, we are not going to have sex.”
In some type of way you will fall. Stop trusting in your mind and trust in the Lord. The mind wants to be tempted by sin. Look at the negative appearance you will give others.
Most people are going to think “they’re having sex.” People weak in faith will say, “if they can do it I can do it as well.” Christians are not to live like others. Unbelievers move in with each other, but Christians wait until they’re married.
The worst thing you can do is try to justify yourself. Do all things for the glory of God and don’t make excuses for the reasons you are thinking about doing this. You are not glorifying God and you are giving a bad impression to others.
If you are planning to have premarital sex you must know Christians can’t live a willful sinful lifestyle. You say, “but I always hear about Christians having premarital sex.” The reason for that is most people who call themselves Christians in America are not truly Christians and never truly accepted Christ. Christianity in America is a joke. Do what God wants you to do and you know He wouldn’t put you in a situation to sin.
What does the Bible say?
1. 1 Thessalonians 5:21-22 Examine all things; retain that which is good. Separate yourselves from all appearance of evil.
2. Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
3. Ephesians 5:17 Don’t act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do.
4. Ephesians 5:8-10 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord.
5. Ephesians 5:1 Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children.
6. 1 Corinthians 7:9 But if they can’t control themselves, they should go ahead and marry. It’s better to marry than to burn with lust.
7. Colossians 3:10 and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge after the image of its creator.
Not even a hint of sexual immorality.
8. Hebrews 13:4 Let marriage be kept honorable in every way, and the marriage bed undefiled. For God will judge those who commit sexual sins, especially those who commit adultery.
9. Ephesians 5:3-5 But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people. Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving. For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person–such a person is an idolater–has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
10. 1 Thessalonians 4:3 For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication.
11. 1 Corinthians 6:18 Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body.
12. Colossians 3:5 So put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you. Have nothing to do with sexual immorality, impurity, lust, and evil desires. Don’t be greedy, for a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world.
13. Galatians 5:16-17 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
14. 1 Peter 1:14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance.
15. Proverbs 28:26 Whoever trusts in his own mind is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom will be delivered.
1 Corinthians 10:31 So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.